• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 PC Patch

I just tested blizzard mountain with the new patch . My rig is 6600k @ 4.0, gtx 970 stock, 12 gb ram.

Before the patch, it was usually stuttery and hovering 40's at 1080 and 2k at max.

After the patch. Max settings = 1080p locked 60. 2k high 50's. 4k= mid 30's.
stutter is gone and game looks like silk when at 60. Truly makes me happy to be a PC gamer. Massive upgrade over x1 now.

Will post video of my gameplay once done uploading

Ashtrax

Now to work out where I can find a cheap key for this. Already have the physical Xbox One version, but would love to see cranked up details on my PC.

not great for me. no matter what settings i use i get stuttering @ 4k, and some areas of the hot wheels expansion drop into the 40s

7700k @ 4.8 Ghz
1080ti
16 GB 3600 Mhz RAM
installed on a 1 TB crucial m550 ssd

ive got a mix of medium/high currently since changing to all low or low/medium made no difference. msaa disabled

cyen

not great for me. no matter what settings i use i get stuttering @ 4k, and some areas of the hot wheels expansion drop into the 40s

7700k @ 4.8 Ghz
1080ti
16 GB 3600 Mhz RAM

ive got a mix of medium/high currently since changing to all low or low/medium made no difference. msaa disabled

Strange, i got i similar setup (Ryzen 1700@3.9 instead of a 7700K) and i get smooth 60 fps at 4K maxed (4x MSAA) only minor drops here and there but stutering is gone.

My guess is that if you had a beefy enough CPU you could overcome the microstuttering even though the CPU utilization was poor for multiple cores.

FWIW didn't have many problems with a 6700K

No you couldnt. No such cpu exists

Im waiting for the updated demo. If its a big enough improvement im gonna buy it

Mechazawa

Yeah, this is a pretty massive change. There's still stuttering, but it's night and day compared to where it was before.

Surfer's Paradise in particular got a 20fps boost.

ISee

7700k @ 4.8 Ghz
1080ti
16 GB 3600 Mhz RAM

That's strange. I'm on a bit weaker system and 4k/60 are mostly possible on my 1080 (none ti) on ultra-settings and 2x msaa. That said, there are some drops down to the low 50s during complex scenes with many cars on screen. A 1080Ti should be able to power through it, though.
Something is bottlenecking you. Start by checking your temperatures while gaming, maybe something is throttling down. You maybe need to update drivers, also check if Windows 10 Game Mode is enabled. I've read some reports indicating that it could influence performance negatively.

My 7700k/1080 performance @ 4k/ultra

Hooks

Can anyone do a benchmark with i5 series? Seeing lots of i7s.

If the performance is good on i5 then I'll probably pick this up.

EDIT -

Don't worry found benchmarks in the other thread.

Quick 3AM test shows that the game is finally playable on a 290x/4670k combo. Not the best port I've played but still, finally playable. Might get the Hot Wheels thingy.

Excellent work PG games, thank you for not abandoning this amazing game. Hasn't dropped below 60fps for me in Surfers Paradise, generally 90fps+ on the open road, stuttering reduced to a minimum. Max settings at 1440p, 1080ti/4790k @ 4.4, SSD, gsync monitor.

Top Bottom