• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 PC Performance Thread

PowerK

Sorry I think I was wrong about the driver improving the performance, however the performance appears to have improved, I'm just not quite sure what caused this improvement.

To test this I rolled back to 3 previous drivers and found that my PC's performance in Horizon 3 was fairly similar across all of the drivers I tested.
I started with the 387.92 driver and then rolled back to these three drivers: 385.69, 385.41, and the 384.94 driver from July 24th.

I'm wondering if there was an update between late August and October for Horizon 3 which improved the performance, as in late August I remember trying to run the game with 4X MSAA and getting performance drops below 60 fps which no longer occur. Or perhaps these performance improvements are related to the Windows 10 Creators Update as I updated to that in September and haven't played the game much since August.
Many thanks for the update, LelouchZero
No worries, whether it's due to driver and/or game updates, improvement is improvement. It's always welcome. I'm not doubting your experience. :)

FWIW, Forza Horizon 3 update(patch) history can be read here.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst99097_FH3-Release-Notes--UPDATED--10-6-17.aspx

And yes, there was an October update very recently.
Forza Horizon 3 said:
For those of you who were affected by the white festival selection screen, this has now been fixed.

• Fixed rare issue where some players were getting stuck on a screen asking the player to select a new festival.
• Fixed blank “Custom Restrictions” flyer in Car Restriction select

I think it was a bum driver causing my issues. I upgraded to the new ones for shadow of mordor and am getting a pretty much locked 60 at 4k ultra now. Looks insane

Sky87

Just started downloading a massive patch on PC, is my Windows Store fucked again or is it actually that big (20+GB)? It's supposedly just some ''background maintenance'', and it's around 100mb on XB1.

EDIT: After downloading almost 30GB, the install went up by around 100mb, so it's all good. Weird experience though, definitely a bug.

Top Bottom