• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

This looks insanely awesome, and seriously a generation ahead of Horizon 2, as expected. Ecosystems are varied rather than the single environments in Horizon 1 and 2, graphics are absolutely improved across the board, a co-op campaign, and whats looks to be fully integrated and improved off-roading throughout. This hits damn near everything on my personal wishlist - just dying to see how big the map is.

This game alone will have me keeping my Xbox around.

Wonderful stuff.

terrible

Banned
But that’s not all. In Forza Horizon 3, we can ensure that you are driving to the music that you love with the brand new Groove Radio station. Groove Radio lets players stream their own personal music collection from the cloud – just add your music to your OneDrive, create a playlist in Groove Music on Windows 10, and Horizon 3 will stream that playlist into your game on Xbox One and Windows 10.

Why has it taken so long for a console game to do this again? This is great.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
VERY different games but yea.

Oh I realize that. Its just at a first impression I'm far more happy with what I saw from this game than I was with GT Sport which I'll be honest, was rather underwhelming with what I've come to expect from that series. This looks awesome, varied and beautiful and even scratches that Motorstorm itch which Sony has not.

Caayn

Trailer looked really good. Had some Motorstorm vibes during the buggy sections in the trailer, which I consider a good thing.

Give it to meeeee
please.

strata8

Sydney, some coastline, some desert, some jungle if I had to guess.

City is the Gold Coast, the beach was the Great Ocean Road/Twelve Apostles, some of the forest looks like the tall temperate rainforest in Southern Victoria/Tasmania (eg, Black Spur Drive) but it could be anywhere really.

Poona

Thought it was so cool to hear a kookaburra (pronounced like cook-a-bar-rah) at 0.22 in that trailer. Good to see they know it is an Australian bird.

Used to get so ticked off when I heard them play a kookaburra's laugh in cartoons/movies set in some exotic jungle not even in Australia.

Anyway, really great to see a big game set in Australia. Last game I played that was set in Australia was Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (and that had hardly any realism at all, unlike Forza)

JimiNutz

Banned
Thought this looked unbelievable.
Wonder if it will perform better on Scorpio because I don't really want to play an inferior version.

I'm curious if we will see any Mighty Car Mods crossover in it since it's Australia.

I mean, they gotta have at least Super Gramps and the Twin Unicorn!

Boo not Japan. Although Australia is actually a pretty cool location that should be very different from the past two games. Oh also there are a ton on imported JZX90 and JZX100 Chasers and Mark IIs in Australia so hey put them in!

Still can't get over how the rainforest and city look.

I noticed in this pic that, while they all look just as bored as usual, there seems to be a greater variety in the drivers. Hopefully we can change our own driver and they aren't just AI.

44658d09-1a34-4013-8a57-42f4ddcbefd6.jpg

_woLf

It amazes me that we get a new forza every year now but it still takes an entire damn console generation just to get a single gran turismo game.

This looks so, SO much better than Horizon 2. Looks more like Horizon 1 in terms of arcadey gameplay and setting. Reminds me of motorstorm in many ways.

Day one.

Top Bottom