• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

Contacted MS Support last night. I had preordered the Deluxe version but now decided I wanted the Ultimate version. They hooked up a refund immediately.
Now I still prefer the PSN method were you just pay the difference if you change your mind, but still, was a painless process.
Bring on the 23rd.
Isn't there a DLC car pack on the store? Thought I saw one.

DirtyLarry

Isn't there a DLC car pack on the store? Thought I saw one.
There is but I could not purchase it. Said it was only available as part of a bundle on my end. I am guessing since I already purchased the Deluxe edition it for some reason blocked me out. Made no sense but it is now taken care of.

Tankshell

Guys, I will be playing this on PC. I understand it will only be available on the Windows Store...

Is there some trick or technique to get it streaming to my living room via my Steam Link?

Thanks!

So I've ordered the PC Ultimate Edition. When can I get the Xbox version, now or at launch? At the moment I can't pre-load the Xbox version so I assume I'll get it at launch.

Guys, I will be playing this on PC. I understand it will only be available on the Windows Store...

Is there some trick or technique to get it streaming to my living room via my Steam Link?

Thanks!

I believe there's a trick where you can set up a batch file that will run a UWP app, then Steam will allow you to add that batch file as a non-Steam game and thus the overlay and features should work. I've never tried it myself but I assume searching something like "UWP batch steam" should get you started.

Was thinking that if this is relatively old code then the final game may well be optimised, but in all honesty, it is so ambitious that you feel there has to be a trade-off.

Guess you're right Playground has done a fantastic job and maybe there is no juice left.

This is really my only concern, not too bothered if it's not fixed but it'd be nice if it was less jarring. It's even more noticeable in the bit where you go challenge and recruit a drivatar, at the corner just before the finish line the foliage suddenly loads in. Probably exacerbated by the massive straight just before it that you can bomb down at 250mph lol.

Wonder if it can be fixed at all. Playground did an amazing job as it is.
The problem is that the game is looking so damn beautiful that you notice everything that is not on the same amazing level.

LoveCake

Still waiting to start the UE early access up.

Quick question, in the main game are there any road trains roaming about? I hope so!

lHvOjg1.gif

If not can some be added, they would make excellent mobile obstacles, especially if they honk their horns as we fly by at eleventy million miles an hour :D

pr0cs

My son was playing the demo this morning, what a fantastic looking game. Forza really has been a consistently great series

I hope there is something akin to the street races from FH1 here. They were really great. More point to point racing would be good in general. Not enough of those in 2.

So question for your car fanatics: what is a general rule of thumb to tune a car making it more grippy and stable in corners? Literally can't drive the muscles and european sports cars without a good tuning. The only thing I can drive without hitting my head are the Asian favorites like the lancer or subaru.

jesu

So question for your car fanatics: what is a general rule of thumb to tune a car making it more grippy and stable in corners? Literally can't drive the muscles and european sports cars without a good tuning. The only thing I can drive without hitting my head are the Asian favorites like the lancer or subaru.

I changed just about every car to AWD last time!

Better tires, buy adjustable aero for the front and back and add downforce in the tuning menu, also adjustable shocks and lower the car.

EqicDodoO

Damn this game looks good.
I'm really considering to buy Xbox one again.
Gaf what should i do?

I had one with FH2 played on it like 3-4 times and sold it after 3 months.
The game was great but i was more of a ps4 kinda guy.
But now all the games that i have or coming out on ps4 don't botter me at all.
I only use it as my netflix, YT, Spotify machine.
Also have a Wiiu which get the most playtime.

In case i'm buying it (what i probably gonna do) I really need some gaffers to ride with. I don't have friends with xbox.

rrs

AcridMeat

Banned
It's the car on the box. I think we can assume it's in every version of the game.
I wasn't implying it wouldn't be in the game, rather trying to remember when his son would be able to use it. Whether they put the cover car in earlier in the demo for whatever reason to sell the game, but you can only access it much later in the full game.

Pretty sure it will be the same.

rrs

I wasn't implying it wouldn't be in the game, rather trying to remember when his son would be able to use it. Whether they put the cover car in earlier in the demo for whatever reason to sell the game, but you can only access it much later in the full game.

Pretty sure it will be the same.
from the press previews, I am thinking you drive it at the start of the game as a loan car until you get your actual first car, then need to buy it
It seems like there is a option to have your own number plate / licence plate?
yep

GlamFM

Banned
Gaf what should i do?

In case i'm buying it (what i probably gonna do) I really need some gaffers to ride with. I don't have friends with xbox.

Well take care of you

ekim

Gaf what should i do?

Simply join Forza Gaf in the game. :)

Same with past Forza demos, the opening section is the same in the final game so expect everything you see in the demo to be in the final game.

Lego Boss

Gaf what should i do?

I bought BONE for FH2. This game makes me want to buy another one.

Even though l already have one.

LoveCake

Yep. It's at the very beginning of the game. It's in the demo.

Cool, can you pick designs?

I have the X1 UE downloaded and waiting, I have not bothered with the demo, I have just seen different ones on cars people have posted images/gifs/videos of.

Is there just one you can have?

ChazGW7

Just ordered the Ultimate edition, this hype is really starting to settle in with only 5 days to go. I'm really hoping the PC version doesn't disappoint.

I've never really been too much of a racing sim fan, I mean I did enjoy Forza 4/5/6 but the Horizon series i've generally had more of a blast in. Now they are finally bringing it to PC - my main platform - I imagine I will be sinking some serious hours into this game. Might even get a steering wheel at some point.

DirtyLarry

Just ordered the Ultimate edition, this hype is really starting to settle in with only 5 days to go. I'm really hoping the PC version doesn't disappoint.

I've never really been too much of a racing sim fan, I mean I did enjoy Forza 4/5/6 but the Horizon series i've generally had more of a blast in. Now they are finally bringing it to PC - my main platform - I imagine I will be sinking some serious hours into this game. Might even get a steering wheel at some point.
I played the first Horizon with the MS Wireless Wheel on the 360 and I cannot wait to go back to using a wheel on PC.
The first was pretty much the closest I have gotten to feeling as if I had an arcade cabinet in my house. I loved it.
if you can get a wheel I highly recommend doing so.

So on a side note how does one join Forza GAF officially? Although I do not know for sure, I think it is probably safe to say I will not be any real competition for anyone who plays the game seriously here, however I would no doubt like having some scores to push my own game.

Top Bottom