• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

What's the best way to get credits for the HK or NZ store btw?

Speaking as a Kiwi, you may be shit out of luck. Due to our overly inflated prices down here (the ultimate edition is $150 here), there's nobody looking for NZ game cards to get games cheaper. Furthermore, the online retailers don't get codes, they just get the cards with the codes on them. They then just send you the actual card.

Echoes

I never bought on the NZ store, but for HK I buy gift cards on Play-Asia. Just change the region on the Xbox website when you redeem the code (or it will just say the code is not for your current region).

How much should I redeem for the Ultimate Edition? I can see that the price is 639 HKD on the store, but I wonder if there's tax or something.

I already preloaded the game on PC, I assume that getting a refund and then buying again immediately from the HK store would allow me to play the game right away?

Theorry

How much should I redeem for the Ultimate Edition? I can see that the price is 639 HKD on the store, but I wonder if there's tax or something.

I already preloaded the game on PC, I assume that getting a refund and then buying again immediately from the HK store would allow me to play the game right away?

HK release is in 3 hours.

ekim

That's what I'm currently trying. I'm in a chat with MS but the rep needs to get the OK from someone first. HK unlocks in 3 hours tho.

Senteevs

Could someone please explain Play Anywhere for Forza Horizon 3? If i buy the XBox One version, do I get a separate code for PC? Or is the game tied to my Microsoft account?
Basically, I want to know if I can buy the standard edition for XBox One and the sell the code for the PC version.

Echoes

Right. Hmm. Tempting. I bought the game from the US store so it unlocks for me at 7 AM my time tomorrow (4 PM now), although I just got back from work and started my weekend so I could use the extra evening. Temptation tempts the temptee...

Could someone please explain Play Anywhere for Forza Horizon 3? If i buy the XBox One version, do I get a separate code for PC? Or is the game tied to my Microsoft account?
Basically, I want to know if I can buy the standard edition for XBox One and the sell the code for the PC version.

No code involved. If you buy the digital version (any version — standard, deluxe, or ultimate) you get the PC version in your account. Only for the digital version.

Vuze

Digital only. Tied to your account.
Nothing to sell, nothing for retail copies.

ekim

edit: got it.

It worked. Bought the game in HK store. whoop whoop :)

edit2: when I look at the German store page, it tells me it unlocks the game at midnight like before and not in 3 hours...

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

There's no tax there :)
If you have a PayPal account the best and cheaper way is to get 300 HKD on Play-Asia for example and pay the rest with PayPal (you can't use just PayPal on the Xbox Store, it will just fail).

edit: got it.

It worked. Bought the game in HK store. whoop whoop :)

edit2: when I look at the German store page, it tells me it unlocks the game at midnight like before and not in 3 hours...

Don't worry, just look at the store where you bought it, not the "wrong" store :)

ekim

There's no tax there :)
If you have a PayPal account the best and cheaper way is to get 300 HKD on Play-Asia for example and pay the rest with PayPal (you can't use just PayPal on the Xbox Store, it will just fail).

Don't worry, just look at the store where you bought it, not the "wrong" store :)

Got ya! I even got the money back to my paypal account. Fantastic. Love the MS support.

ill be trying to join the early players like yourselves tonight. i cannot stop my hype for this game. im just looking at pictures of cars and shit at this point losing it.

ive done the region change before, but idk if anythings changed since thing. are people still buying it on say singapore/ china / NZ store on the web and then DLing on console?

desu

There is one i found, i applied to join it like a week ago and im still not in it. the neogaf, halo, and gears gaf clubs all got me in

For the Xbox club you have to message noobcraft? to confirm that you're a neogaf member.
The ingame club already exists as well. Not sure how it is there.

willbsn13

Created my first blueprint:

A late night circuit race in Surfers Paradise, Torana vs XY Falcon. Love the fact you can create your own themes for the events. Just incredible!

HeliosT10

When's the OT going up guys? :)

Will make it easier to keep up with all the chat rather than switching between 5/6 different threads like now hehe!

PedroRVD

I'm new to Forza, but after seeing the videos/gifs/positive reaction etc it looks like it may be my first racing game not named Mario Kart or Fzero. I got the demo and it was really good until I saw the tuning options... I don't understand anything of this and I will never have the time to learn this and use it. Is it necessary to be better in Forza?

Is this game accesible for a new player? I prefer arcade racers much more. It would be sad for me if a game that looks so incredible as this was buried under simulation gameplay and features.

Basically, is it easy to learn? And... can I completely avoid and ignore these complicated tuning features and still have success and enjoy the game?

Sorry for my English.

Daffy Duck

Tomorrow will be a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG day.

Finished up Horizon 1 last night in preperation for this, got riled up, FUCK Darius Flynt.

I screwed up the final corner of the race to win his car (carried on down the road where I should've took the off ramp) so I had to restart and after that I couldn't catch him, must have tried at least 5 times with me not being able to catch him at all, had to whack it down to easy just to finish it up.

strata8

Gonna do all my races at night in heavy rain. NFS 2015 style.

FailRace on YouTube did a video where he took part in a cross-country race, in pitch black, with V8 Supercars. Completely insane and inappropriate, but it looked crazy fun. I love that you can do that stuff now.

Did FH2 have any cross country races set at night? I don't remember.

Gonna do all my races at night in heavy rain. NFS 2015 style.

FailRace on YouTube did a video where he took part in a cross-country race, in pitch black, with V8 Supercars. Completely insane and inappropriate, but it looked crazy fun. I love that you can do that stuff now.

Did FH2 have any cross country races set at night? I don't remember.

yes, but i might be remembering storm island

danowat

Banned
I'm new to Forza, but after seeing the videos/gifs/positive reaction etc it looks like it may be my first racing game not named Mario Kart or Fzero. I got the demo and it was really good until I saw the tuning options... I don't understand anything of this and I will never have the time to learn this and use it. Is it necessary to be better in Forza?

Is this game accesible for a new player? I prefer arcade racers much more. It would be sad for me if a game that looks so incredible as this was buried under simulation gameplay and features.

Basically, is it easy to learn? And... can I completely avoid and ignore these complicated tuning features and still have success and enjoy the game?

Sorry for my English.

You don't need to know any of that to have fun, you can quite easily ignore all the greasy bits and have a blast.

Sorry for my English.

i couldnt ever get into racing games. especially sim racers like forza. i really tried and wanted to love them but never could.

then i played horizon 1.

now im basically a junkie under a bridge asking passerbyers "hey....pssst....you got any...horizon 3 i could have?"

Sorry for my English.

i want to add to this too, oops bare with me.

horizon is the game you want it to be. if it feels too hard or too sim like, mess with the settings. you dont need to know what they do just mess with them. you can really get the whole game to play exactly like you want it to.

Theorry

I just woke up and I got everything I need. Give me 30 minutes or so

Hype train arriving.

5pNzlcw.gif

Top Bottom