• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

G Rom

From first trailer :)

221952FHorizon.jpg

Just like FM4 features dirt racing, night racing and the Dubai racetrack, oh wait...

Well since Porsche is no longier tied to EA and Turn10 already has Porsche cars - there will be Porsches.

You have a source for this ?
I'm pretty sure they're still linked to them for several years unfortunately...

derFeef

Oh they might not? I thought some contract ran out but I might remember something wrong. Sorry if that's the case.

G Rom

Oh they might not? I thought some contract ran out but I might remember something wrong. Sorry if that's the case.

Well, IIRC the Porsche deal was still inked between Turn 10 and EA.
Also, it seems EA cockblocked some cars (most notably the 917K and the 918RSR) from the Expansion Pack as we know Turn 10 wanted to include them in FM4 day one (had Porsche been there then).

Shaneus

Also, it seems EA cockblocked some cars (most notably the 917K and the 918RSR) from the Expansion Pack as we know Turn 10 wanted to include them in FM4 day one (had Porsche been there then).
That's pretty shit on their part if true :/

But not entirely unexpected. Bastards.

That did almost get me to bite. There's been a lot of almosts, but nothing could quite get me to pull the trigger.

I'm in the same situation. It's kinda late to get a new Xbox 360 this late in the gen. I'll wait after E3 and probably get a used one.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Those screens and details are delicious.

I pray this game finds a good middle ground between FM and PGR (with a bit of RSC thrown in)

Hype levels starting to rise.

One thing I noticed just now - no traffic :/

I noticed that too, but I am hoping it is just from the press shots. Although I do know certain manufacturers do not want their cars racing through traffic. Honda removed thier cars from the old Tokyo Xtreme Racer games because of that.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

One would hope Microsoft used a bit of foresight and had Horizon in the same Porsche deal as Forza 4...

benzy

That viper is damn hideous. Jeez I hate looking at it. I can't believe they used it as their box cover.

eso76

skeptical about forza 4 physics - i don't think we can expect as many parameters to be taken into account - but handling could still feel the same, which would be a first for open world racers.
From those closeups of the viper, car models also look the same quality. Even shaders and lighting look the same.
It really looks like an open world Fm4 and i'm sure we can expect a lot of features from horizon to be included in fm5, i can see the two teams sharing assets, tricks and whatnot.

If that's the case, though, in a few more iterations i don't think it will still make sense to have these as two separate series.

Shaneus

So they're serious about that branding/colour scheme.

Fuck.

They picked such a perfect name for it, too. Honestly couldn't have been any better. And then they turned it PINK. Ugh.

Mascot

So they're serious about that branding/colour scheme.

It truly blows goats.
Looks like a supermarket special offer, twenty percent off cabbages or something.

I'm still not sure I'll ever be able to get past the inevitable BroDudeness in Horizon. Couple this with the (likely) halving of the frame rate and I'm still wondering about the risk Dan's taking with the reputation of the Forza brand.

amar212

just noted this.. the driver is without helmet

Same as in TDU for example.

It is road racing, not closed circuit, so it probably has to do with some regulations.

Also, we can pretty much presume there will be character customisation, hence the "civil" looks and commercial potential to buy clothes and accessories for the RL moneyz :)

Damn, the conference starts in less than 10 hours, I can't wait to see this game moving.

I don't get the uproar about the pink label. Real men don't have to fear pink. Man up, kids. The Viper on the cover is way more offensive.

This box art thing is the stupidest argument I have ever heard of.

If the most beautiful person in the world asked you on a date, but were wearing some ugly glasses, you would say no?

Top Bottom