• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

eso76

An open world MMO add-on for FM4 would be incredible stupid from a financial standpoint. Why limit your audience with something that would require such substantial development resources?

to make a good game that i would buy, of course :p

and not use the forza name on something arcadey

Polk

Forza World = Fall 2012, probably Kinect enabled open-world simulation 360 driving game
PGR5 = 2013/720 Launch arcade racing game
There is no sane reason for MS to have to supercar racing franchises.
If anything it will be Forza 5.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Seriously doubt that, even though I believe all this Porsche drama took place due to the launch of the new 911 and nothing more. So in all seriousness, EA and MS could actually reach an agreement that would benefit both.

Hopefully, Forza Horizon has Porsche and the next NFS has Ferrari. I'll buy both if that happens.

eso76

Forza Motorsport can be arcadey.

yeah, i'm ok with it having optional arcadey physics, as long as they're optional and the core mechanics aren't.
yeah, FM can be arcadey, but it's still not burnout or unbounded.

hopefully, these guys can use assets from fm4 and T10 can borrow stuff (weather ? :p) from horizon, ultimately doing work that will be useful to both.

Seanspeed

Banned
Forza Motorsport can be arcadey.
It definitely leans towards the sim-side of racing games.

Only hardcore racers say games like Forza and Gran Turismo are arcadey. These people constitute a very small percentage of gamers as a whole.

I really hope the physics aren't too compromised. All I want is TDU with good physics. Thats it. Here's hoping Forza Horizon comes close to that dream.

derFeef

Am I the only one that is positive on the fact that they use the Forza name? You instantly know it's a driving game for the 360, and the title makes it clear it's a different game than the main games.

If it is a game...

It definitely leans towards the sim-side of racing games.

Only hardcore racers say games like Forza and Gran Turismo are arcadey. These people constitute a very small percentage of gamers as a whole.

I meant that it can feel arcadey with the assists, although there are still sim calculations going on in the background.

As far as Horizon goes, I'm fine either way, I love arcade racers.

TheOddOne

Am I the only one that is positive on the fact that they use the Forza name? You instantly know it's a driving game for the 360, and the title makes it clear it's a different game than the main games.

If it is a game...
So your telling me it's an app on the dashboard? Dammit Microsoft.

jet1911

What's the article say? Blocked at work :/

The game is being developed by Playground, a firm compromising of talent from Codemasters, which suggests an off-road-centric Forza racing game.

Forza Motorsport 5 was also revealed rather unsurprisingly, with a 2013 release planned, following the two-year release strategy employed by Microsoft for the Forza series ever since it launched. Playground and Turn10 will alternate development, with Microsoft promising that Forza 5 and Horizon are "two different games".

G Rom

Look at the source, they're linking the news to FM.fr.
I think they just took Sebull's statement about 2 years dev cycle (which any Forza player could have made) and turned it into a formal FM5 announcement news...

saladine1

Look at the source, they're linking the news to FM.fr.
I think they just took Sebull's statement about 2 years dev cycle (which any Forza player could have made) and turned it into a formal FM5 announcement news...

lol, I think you're right.

Oh well, that at least leaves that other announcement open then....

saladine1

So 'whois':

Domain Name: forzahorizon.com

Registrant:
Domain Administrator
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond WA 98052
US

Created on..............: 2012-03-01.
Expires on..............: 2013-03-01.
Record last updated on..: 2012-03-01.

So they just recently registered the name?

Don't want to blow you fella's mind or anything but Forza 6 will more than likely release in 2015. The real question is will GT6 release before then or not?

eso76

WTF, I don't want another main Forza game so soon! Forza 4 is good enough. We don't need a Forza 5 for this generation.

you don't want a Forza Motorsport 5 in glorious 1080p, 4xaa, 16 cars onscreen all using the best lod and higher res textures for liveries, approaching fm4 photomode quality ?

well, i do. The sooner the better.

And, quite possibly, night and/or weather and/or rally.
We know T10 was working on those, and i would even go as far as saying they saved a couple of 'mostly working' features for fm5.

edit: i didn't read the "this generation' part. Fm5 will obviously launch with next gen xbox.

Also, fuck yeah Porsche.

Didn't someone like Jube or Badned say they even had a recent model ready for Autovista ? i forgot what model but it was gorgeous looking.

pretty sure it was the 918 rsr

porsche_918_rsr_0_430.jpg

saladine1

The interesting thing is, Porsche files were shipped in the retail version of the game. Obviously, Turn 10 were confident that they would eventually get the license and kept them in there..

acm2000

Making those porche models must have been easy. Design one and then press CTRL + V 29 times.

Only joking this is awesome

joking? its probably nearer truth than a joke, copy/pasta, slightly adjust bumpers/rear wing, done lol

The interesting thing is, Porsche files were shipped in the retail version of the game. Obviously, Turn 10 were confident that they would eventually get the license and kept them in there..

didnt EAs exclusivity run out end of 2011? hence why theyre coming now

saladine1

joking? its probably nearer truth than a joke, copy/pasta, slightly adjust bumpers/rear wing, done lol

didnt EAs exclusivity run out end of 2011? hence why theyre coming now
I think that was the case yes. But couldn't EA renew the license again?

talan619

Neo Member
Porsche To Come To Forza 4

According to XboxFront.de, Forza 4 will be getting DLC in the shape of some long overdue (and presumably tuneable) Porsche goodness.

Details are currently thin on the ground, but we are told to expect 30 new cars from the manufacturer, 20 new events and 250 Gamerscore points.

There’s no mention of any new tracks, sadly, something that was a major issue with the game in the first place with just a smattering of new tarmac over the previous game.

You’ll no doubt remember that it was EA that kept the German cars out of Microsoft’s 360 exclusive – presumably that deal is now out of the window.

Anyone know this ? Is this real?
Maybe we’ll get some Porsche in Forza Horizon as well.

Top Bottom