• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

Atrophis

DOBERMAN INC said:
Same for me,I was thinking of getting the G25 but it doesn't work on 360 and they cost the Earth.

I got a G25 last week for PC/PS3 sim'ing and damn its gonna be hard to go back to the MS wheel when F3 is released :/

p.s. it will get cheaper soon with the release of the G27

Falagard

DOBERMAN INC said:
Same for me,I was thinking of getting the G25 but it doesn't work on 360 and they cost the Earth.

Take a look at the Fanatec Porche 911 Turbo wheel and read some reviews. It sounds like it's at least on par with the G25, and the version shipping in September, the Turbo S, supports the 360, PS3 and PC.

LEBATO

Banned
Falagard said:
I can't wait for October 27th.

Che, I'm interested to know if windshields in cockpit view are going to be rendered (similar to PGR) or if they're going to stay completely transparent as they have in all the videos we've seen so far.
I pointed that out, in a very different way of course, but I pointed it out. :lol

I guess we'll see.

Anyways, cockpit detail is top notch in this case:
http://twitpic.com/ejl42

shinnn

wow.. it's definitly a premium car

2m801ec.jpg

143p4wz.jpg

v5ldoh.jpg

t6cri8.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Router said:
That's an FPV F6 (Ford Falcon) not an Audi.

I nearly shit a brick when I saw the picture and was like "OMG THEY PUT IT IN"

Please put the F6 in :(

I am now buying Forza 3 because it has the V8's in it :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LEBATO said:
I pointed that out, in a very different way of course, but I pointed it out. :lol

I guess we'll see.

Anyways, cockpit detail is top notch in this case:
http://twitpic.com/ejl42

Okay NOW I've seen it all. If that really is a screen, :mindblown: I wonder if we can take photos anywhere inside the car, with free movement controls.

Akira

Ok, this is just the second time Forza has fooled me. Scrolling down, I thought the first Supra pic was a real photograph.

1996 Honda Prelude next please. :D

EDIT: On another note, will FM3's cockpit view have the same global illumination effect (whatever you wanna call it) as GT5? I love the effect of the shadows of the roof and the pillars moving as you go through a turn.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
nice pics but i have one teeny weeny complaint: hint - look at the windshield wipers.... something isn't quite right ;)

LEBATO

Banned
LOL @ those supra pics, definitely a premium car yes :lol

Awesome.
DopeyFish said:
nice pics but i have one teeny weeny complaint: hint - look at the windshield wipers.... something isn't quite right ;)

Please tell me, I can't see it.

duk

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
What motor is supposed to be in that Supra? Clearly not a 2JZ.

They've swapped both RB26 and 3S-GE motors in their Supras in the past t I believe.

why not a 2JZ?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
LEBATO said:
LOL @ those supra pics, definitely a premium car yes :lol

Awesome.

Please tell me, I can't see it.

a) they're overlapping
b) they're on the wrong side, as the driver is on the right side of the vehicle

Iknos

Akira said:
EDIT: On another note, will FM3's cockpit view have the same global illumination effect (whatever you wanna call it) as GT5? I love the effect of the shadows of the roof and the pillars moving as you go through a turn.

It's self shadowing and I don't think we've seen it in a video yet but that's because the vids have been from the E3 build. It's apparent in all the pics and as well as the photomode mode as seen here.

Yeah I mistook some of those pics for photographs at first. This game is going to look awesome especially when you hop online and you see everybody's livery designs done in the fantastic looking graphics engine.

VVV Mars VG

If there's one car I'd like to see that seems to get unfairly neglected its the Toyota MR2 MK1, I remember seeing a Turn 10 blog a couple of years ago when the team were testing MK1's, there was a picture of them racing round in white ones but disappointingly they never appeared int he final game. Shame because its a great handling car and besides its cool styling it has those all important pop up headlights, which are important :p even if there's no night racing in FM3 :lol

abrasion

Banned
This game is getting a Reventon? A motherfucking Reventon? Are you pulling my god damn chain? a Reventon!??
If the Countach is still in there jesus lord god I'm falling down the stairs I'm going to buy a damn 360 and oh god :( Oh my goodness me lord.
A Reventon!
NNNnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggGGGG

This Porsche 911 wheel for PS3 and 360 can't come out for Australia soon enough!
Oh man

voodoo

Neo Member
abrasion said:
This game is getting a Reventon? A motherfucking Reventon? Are you pulling my god damn chain? a Reventon!??
Not just a Reventon, a Reventon with the cockpit in fighter jet mode :D

abrasion said:
This Porsche 911 wheel for PS3 and 360 can't come out for Australia soon enough!
Oh man
You might want to email them about that... because last I read there weren't plans to ship them to Oz. =/

Iknos

This was posted in a thread on FM.net...

Che showed that the cockpit camera has been moved back a little bit...

From this:
2f0dogp.jpg

To this:
349bdy1.jpg

Note that there are no HUD elements in the new pic. I really hope that's an option. I don't use cockpit view but that would make it way more immersive.

Also...the Top Secret Supra reminded me...will we be able to point on top of the windows now or will it be just like FM2 where these cars had it but we couldn't do it ourselves.

Iknos

Pizza Luigi said:
Jesus! The new cockpit camera is perfect. Hope I can still adjust it though...

No he mentioned in that thread that it wouldn't be.

I really hope that the game could be designed in such a manner that it could be a future addition. If not adjustable cockpit then at least a choice between 3 different views that adjust the FOV to make them suitable for different screen setups.

acm2000

Iknos said:
This was posted in a thread on FM.net...

Che showed that the cockpit camera has been moved back a little bit...

From this:
2f0dogp.jpg

To this:
349bdy1.jpg

Note that there are no HUD elements in the new pic. I really hope that's an option. I don't use cockpit view but that would make it way more immersive.

Also...the Top Secret Supra reminded me...will we be able to point on top of the windows now or will it be just like FM2 where these cars had it but we couldn't do it ourselves.

that first pic is under heavy braking, so the view is being forced forward by the gforce, che confirmed this himself

adelante

Iknos said:
It's self shadowing and I don't think we've seen it in a video yet but that's because the vids have been from the E3 build. It's apparent in all the pics and as well as the photomode mode as seen here.
Actually I distinctly remember selfshadowing in the gameplay videos that came out of E3 so its been there for a while now....

Iknos

adelante said:
Actually I distinctly remember selfshadowing in the gameplay videos that came out of E3 so its been there for a while now....

Oh ok I stand corrected. I initially couldn't tell because I was looking at dark offscreen footage like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5EkZoPcEP8

But when I look closely I can see it. It looks as crisp as the pics show. On the other hand I still think it's only the chassis casting shadows on the cockpit and the cockpit doesn't self shadow itself. ie. wheel casts shadows, knobs casting shadows, etc.

abrasion

Banned
Psychotext said:
You might want to email them about that... because last I read there weren't plans to ship them to Oz. =/

I've already done that and I believe it will be coming to Australia - if you would like more information, let me know.
(how old is your info? Mine's about 3 days?)

saladine1

abrasion said:
I've already done that and I believe it will be coming to Australia - if you would like more information, let me know.
(how old is your info? Mine's about 3 days?)

What's the info on Australia's batch of wheels?

Top Bottom