• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

abrasion said:
I've already done that and I believe it will be coming to Australia - if you would like more information, let me know.
(how old is your info? Mine's about 3 days?)
My info is ancient. :p

Though do say more, because I know some Australians that might be interested.

Alright, I'm guessing this was asked/answered already, but has there been any talk about the penalties in this game?

The one thing that pissed me off more than anything in Forza 2 would be just driving and a computer bumping into me and I get a penalty.

Anyways, this game is looking fantastic. Preordered in full yesterday, cant wait.

(also che, any development on my last gen Trans Am? eh? EH? :D )

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
holy @ those top secret pics. add me to the camp that thought some were real pictures (2nd picture and interior).

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I can't wait to take this car:

245f38w.jpg

... and dress it up like this.

need-for-speed-most-wanted-20050915022524719_640w.jpg

:D

tehbear

skybaby said:
This has to be quoted for the new page, jesus!

That supra is fucking insane... Notches above some of the other cars for me personally.

I might have missed this, but what's a premium car?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
33cm4h1.jpg

mf1_r_interior.jpg

not the same model but nearly the same angle ^

mclaren-f1-interior.jpg

umm wat. BITCH!

LOL i should have known this... god damn.

McLaren F1 center driving position ffs we should know this.

che now that i have won can we please get a body shot of the Carrera GT and it's cockpit? lol (I would be happy with just a body shot if possible :D )

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Psychotext said:
I've never seen the inside of one but yeah, that makes sense. Looks crazy.

I didn't want to say it right away but I subconsciously knew... it's like the only car I know of that has a centered wheel/dash :lol

Sheesh FM's dashes look borderline real life it seems atm..

saladine1 said:

Perfection.

Hard to tell from that interior, but are the other two variants of the roadgoing F1 in? The GT we got in FM2 was nice, but not quite as much as the standard F1 and especially the LM. Simply amazing cars, though, all of them.

Edit: Looks like an F1 GT. You can tell from the vents on the fender ahead of the A-pillar.

NeoGIF

Lately, It's becoming kind of tricky to distinguish the in-game stuff from their real life counterparts. Impressive stuff, I must say. :D

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
WHOAguitarninja said:
BE STILL MY BEATING HEART! AN F1!

If I didn't already have my preorder in, I'd say purchase confirmed...but that's a bit redundant at this point.

Hell get 2 copies :lol

phil_t

Banned
Can we not all chip in $0.01 and get Che a cheap 10 Megapixel Fuji or something, the interior shots are very welcome, but Dang, that is one nasty camera/phone/whatever he's using :)

phil_t said:
Can we not all chip in $0.01 and get Che a cheap 10 Megapixel Fuji or something, the interior shots are very welcome, but Dang, that is one nasty camera/phone/whatever he's using :)
3Gs is what he uses I believe.

It's funny looking at these great pics of cars from Forza 3. It reminded me of all the time I spent in GT4 taking photos. I assume Forza 3 will have a Photo mode? I really want to compose some eye candy with some fantastic cars! I must've spent months on my GT4 collection!

Slackbladder said:
I assume Forza 3 will have a Photo mode?
All those screenshots you've seen over the last few pages? Taken in photo mode.

See that monitor showing the cockpit above... with the camera lens effect thing (I have no idea what it's called damnit!) in the middle. That's photomode.

AMUSIX

Slackbladder said:
Ahhh. I see. Not just screengrabs then. I hope I can play around with the focus, exposure, shutter speed etc.
You want to go deeper? F3 will have a replay editor mode...play around with camera positions/cuts/effects etc....

I'm really curious to see the panel for this. How much flexibility will we have? How much can we direct the camera movements? Was the 'community at play' video a hint at what could be done?

Mr.Green

Man I'm back from Fanatec's web store... $329 for the wheel and an extra $150 if you want the fancy steel pedals. Would you kindly shove it up your ass please? And give me a fucking break with the god damn extra rare limited edition bullshit. I'll stick with my MS wheel.

I have quite a bit of disposable income but I'm not that stupid.

KHarvey16

Mr.Green said:
Man I'm back from Fanatec's web store... $329 for the wheel and an extra $150 if you want the fancy steel pedals. Would you kindly shove it up your ass please? I'll stick with my MS wheel.

I have quite a bit of disposable income but I'm not that stupid.

Why is paying for a nice wheel "stupidity?"

Mr.Green

KHarvey16 said:
Why is paying for a nice wheel "stupidity?"

Because it's overpriced, because we don't know if it's a nice wheel. We only assume so because of the high price, and because the "LIMITED EDITION. ONLY 3000 IN THE WORLD! CALL NOW!!!1!1" act reaches 11 on my BS radar.

If enough reviews of it confirm that it's much better than the MS one to the point where it changes significantly the gaming experience then maybe I'll consider it. Maybe.

KHarvey16

Mr.Green said:
Because it's overpriced, because we don't know if it's a nice wheel. We only assume so because of the high price, and because the "LIMITED EDITION. ONLY 3000 IN THE WORLD! CALL NOW!!!1!1" act reaches 11 on my BS radar.

If enough reviews of it confirms that it's much better than the MS one to the point where it changes significantly the gaming experience then maybe I'll consider it. Maybe.

How is it over priced? It's not an iPhone, it's a niche product that isn't gonna sell a million units. Fanatec has an excellent reputation for quality wheels.

Mr.Green

KHarvey16 said:
How is it over priced?
Because the cheapest edition is $229 more than the MS wheel?

KHarvey16 said:
Fanatec has an excellent reputation for quality wheels.

Really? Do you own one? That might be true but all I know about them is that they released an "okay" wheel for the original Xbox. They're no Logitech.

I thought it was overpriced for a long while, then thought about it, then saw the retail price of the G27.

The only question for me now is which version I get. =/

They're no Logitech.
You should probably have a look at some of the reviews done on them. The only thing they ever really fall down on is their driver support.

KHarvey16

Mr.Green said:

Do I really need to explain why a wheel that sells less units and uses better parts costs a lot more?

Mr.Green said:
Really? Do you own one? That might be right but all I know about them is that they released an "okay" wheel for the original Xbox. They're no Logitech.

I don't own one but their wheels have gotten a lot of praise. Speaking of Logitech, have you seen what their new G27 costs?

Falagard

Mr.Green said:

Really? Do you own one? That might be true but all I know about them is that they released an "okay" wheel for the original Xbox. They're no Logitech.

It's pretty fair to assume that it'll be at least as good as the Porche 911 Turbo wheel which was available for the PS3 and PC and has been reviewed (with good results) multiple times, considering:

1) It's a product that shares the same name, and a newer iteration of said product
2) My understanding is that is shares the same pedals and gear shifters as the previous models

Various reviews of the Turbo wheel (not the Turbo S) that I've read compare it to the G25 in a positive way, saying it's better in some regards (force feedback) and worse in others (the feel of the pedals).

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Iknos said:

Wow, I still remember when I was a kid and I couldn't imagine games would end up looking this good. NICE! Will the cockpits reflect weight reductions? I doubt they will, I bet they would have to model everything again, but one can dream right? Also, I bought all the Forza 2 car packs. Will there be a similar number of new cars added to Forza 3 later on?

Mr.Green

KHarvey16 said:
Do I really need to explain why a wheel that sells less units and uses better parts costs a lot more?

There's nothing like patronizing to make a point. Of course I understand that but I still think that a 333% increase in price is a bit much for an extra FFB motor. Listen, like I said, if reviews of this wheel mention that this thing points and laugh at the MS wheel I'll buy one like a god damn sheep, but until then color me skeptical.

KHarvey16 said:
I don't own one but their wheels have gotten a lot of praise. Speaking of Logitech, have you seen what their new G27 costs?

Heh, honestly nope. I saw it was announced but didn't care much for it since it didn't support the 360. I'd be more confident to buy a Logitech product though. They have an unparalleled reputation and I've never been disappointed with their products. I use one of their 5.1 system for my PC and it's insane bang for the buck. My PC wheel is an older Logitech model and it works great too.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
godhandiscen said:
Wow, I still remember when I was a kid and I couldn't imagine games would end up looking this good. NICE! Will the cockpits reflect weight reductions? I doubt they will, I bet they would have to model everything again, but one can dream right? Also, I bought all the Forza 2 car packs. Will there be a similar number of new cars added to Forza 3 later on?

Yes, it will reflect weight reduction and roll cages installed.

Falagard

godhandiscen said:
NICE! Will the cockpits reflect weight reductions? I doubt they will, I bet they would have to model everything again, but one can dream right?

Haha, I highly doubt it, since there are multiple variations of weight reduction (or was in Forza 2 at least). I bet they just put a sticky note on the dash that says "weight reduced".

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
chespace said:
Yes, it will reflect weight reduction and roll cages installed.
YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I am going to call my budy, we did a weight reduction (what little we could) and installed a roll bar in his MR2 a while ago, and it looked shitty, we will try to match the Forza 3 cockpit now :D Dude Turn 10 is pure win.

Top Bottom