• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

Iknos

Keikoku said:
And if you're speaking about GT5P, FM3 already looks better imo.

GT5P may look more arcadey physics wise but in terms of graphics it looks better than FM3. They've taken less risks when it comes to lighting conditions...all tracks are lit the same pretty much. But they nailed that look down. GT5 will have more variety in the lighting and I'm sure they are spending time tweaking it so it looks right. Tsukuba looks overcast in GT5 for example.

People are focused here on one fantasy track that uses a risque time of day. I'm not going to call them trolls or anything because they are right about that one video.

But if they start ignoring all the other videos and photos then yeah obviously they're being two-faced.

SeaOfMadness said:
well, here's some eye bleach, then. this video looks a lot better

Link

Yeah I think we don't have anything to worry about...it looks fantastic there. Can't jump to conclusions based on one poorly compressed vid.

Majmun

RefigeKru said:
There's a strange rivalry between GT5+Forza I'll never fully understand.

I don't think the issue are the games, but the platforms they're being released on.

-edit- what Psychotext said, basically ;p

AZ Greg

RefigeKru said:
There's a strange rivalry between GT5+Forza I'll never fully understand.

It has actually simmered down a bit. At least compared to when the original Forza was launching. Those were good times. I remember Gek and some other people leading the charge to bash the original Forza. IIRC, he ended up loving the game though, despite the months of hate leading up to the release. :lol

Psychotext said:
Fixed, because it's really got very little to do with the games, and far more to do with the platforms.

Yep.. notice how NFS: Shift is pretty much never mentioned in here. Why? because it's multiplatform, of course. but as a game it's definitely a competitor to both

NeoGIF

So, GameTrailers took their sweet time to upload their videos, and now they give us these bad, compressed videos? WTF? :lol

nib95

Banned
I think Iknos nailed it. It reminded me of R2 because of the yellow like warmth and bloom of that particular track. But the other video shows quite a stark difference.

Flunkie

Banned
4t3qfr.jpg
:lol

FrankT

RSTEIN said:
I leave for a workout and... what the fuck happened to this thread.

Gametrailers happened. It doesn't take a genius to see the difference in quality between the Gamespot videos and GT vids considering they were from the same event. Of course, were getting some 720p footage from Che tomorrow so good things do come from all this.

Shawsie64

Banned
"Turn10Studios720p Bugatti video and article should be up any moment now. Tomorrow is new gameplay video."

:D

EDIT: Also that Resistance 2 comparison is the most bizarre thing iv seen in a while

h3ro

So I watched the Bugatti video and I'm convinced of one thing:

We should all grow Dan Greenwalt beards until Forza releases.

Hawk269

h3ro said:
So I watched the Bugatti video and I'm convinced of one thing:

We should all grow Dan Greenwalt beards until Forza releases.

LOL...Already have a beard...so I am WAY ahead of you...lmao

Shaneus

Thank goodness that link is off MS.com and not FM.net... I can download it at work! Yay!

Edit: Wow. This game is going to look phenomenal when it comes out... that was unreal.

nib95

Banned
We've already seen the video above before. Just not in HD. Are we going to get a direct feed complete gameplay vid in HD? Like a whole lap or something. That's what I really want to see. Not just another promo vid, but an actual proper gameplay race.

Hawk269

nib95 said:
We've already seen the video above before. Just not in HD. Are we going to get a direct feed complete gameplay vid in HD? Like a whole lap or something. That's what I really want to see. Not just another promo vid, but an actual proper gameplay race.

Agree 100% with you on that one...Che is stating something is in the oven for tomorrow, I think it is an announcement which usually come with new screen shots. I hope it is about more tracks...enough on the cars...we know there are 400...of course Ferarri announcement needs to come soon though.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
nib95 said:

Yeah tomorrow is gameplay with HUD. But what all the trolls fail to realize is that these so called "promo vids" are all captured in-game with the HUD turned off at 60fps (notice there's no motion blur) which means it's basically what you'll see when you play the game. The Bugatti footage was captured during a race and not during replays.

Anyway, haters will hate, no matter what the circumstance, so keep on keepin on. ;)

mr_nothin

Banned
Shawsie64 said:
"Turn10Studios720p Bugatti video and article should be up any moment now. Tomorrow is new gameplay video."

:D

EDIT: Also that Resistance 2 comparison is the most bizarre thing iv seen in a while
Wow great to use a site that can really utilize this full 3 MB/s download speed. Only get those on torrents.

Also, the Resistance comparisons arent very far fetched. It actually does look like Resistance 2 in those screens.

NeoGIF

chespace said:
Yeah tomorrow is gameplay with HUD. But what all the trolls fail to realize is that these so called "promo vids" are all captured in-game with the HUD turned off at 60fps (notice there's no motion blur) which means it's basically what you'll see when you play the game. The Bugatti footage was captured during a race and not during replays.

Anyway, haters will hate, no matter what the circumstance, so keep on keepin on. ;)

The haters will be proven wrong. Don't you worry. We got faith in you, Che!

nib95

Banned
Che, any chance you could make the gameplay vid from a city/urban track? Just easier for us to access lighting etc as we're used to seeing that kind of architecture or setting almost everyday.

Hawk269

chespace said:

Let the haters hate...I mean....there are always going to be people crap on something. I mean, it is the internet so it is going to happen. I am just looking forward to new footage and still contemplating the 3 Screen setup. I already have a racing rig ready from Forza 2, just contemplating pulling the trigger on the 3 screen set up.

BTW...Anyword on if the US of A will get that New Elite with a 250 GIG HDD and Forza 3?

h3ro

chespace said:

Are you gonna grow the beard or not?!

evolution

The 720p vid was very nice. The drifting scene looked great, the other track not so much lol. Everything is coming together nicely though, although i still think they should've raised the #of cars per race. Would've been nice to have a larger group in a race online.

BeeDog

I think the GT videos look great, even though they're compressed to hell. One thing that caught my eyes though in the first GT video (not the one with the Corvette), is that when the wheel is turning, it looks like the hands lose the grip of the steering wheel. :D But other than that, this game would be the biggest reason for me to get a 360.

eso76

Insertia said:
I'm a little disappointed by the videos because the bullshots fooled me into thinking it would have more of a photorealistic quality. Turn10 is making leaps to have Forza compete with Gran Turismo visually and in terms of presentation. I think they'll get it with the next one.

All photomode does is add AA and filters, it doesn't change lighting and photorealism; the pics you've seen you thought looked photorealistic were taken on tracks with a more realistic light colour (i'd say the lighting in catalunya video is absolutely spot on anyway).
Pictures taken on Sedona never looked photorealistic, for some reason T10 keeps using very different graphic styles for different tracks, sometimes going for the dramatic sunset lighting which always looks off.

edit 1: this was a small issue i had with fm2 too; some tracks had very realistic lighting and great looking replays (i was just watching a R4 cars race replay on suzuka yesterday and it really did look great/near photorealistic), others were just too colourful and vibrant.

edit 2: The 720p veyron video looks amazing, although i think the veyron is not the best looking/most complex car model in the game (i was way more impressed with the Porsche 911 gt3 closeups from gamespot videos, or even the fiesta zetec).
Still great quality anyway, very good IQ from what i can tell and so far i'm loving the replay bits in the game. Will later watch the video on my X360 and my tv to have a better idea of how the game will look like on my tv.
The wait is officially killing me.

amar212

2rhs4f6.jpg

IMO, the seating position should been much, much lower when in LMP car than presented here.

As shown, POW is just too high. And it is even more noticable in the video.

While I really like the cockpit details though :D

Top Bottom