• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

rjcc said:
....which isn't true
Does a 60 or 120gig hdd mess up the sounds at the end of each round in gears mp? does forza load the same speed installed to one of the bigger drives as reading directly from the dvd? hickups at checkpoints in halo 3? there was even a thread about it around the time installs were new.

Just remembered halo 3 should not be installed, but isn't that only for multi?

Diablohead said:
Does a 60 or 120gig hdd mess up the sounds at the end of each round in gears mp? does forza load the same speed installed to one of the bigger drives as reading directly from the dvd? hickups at checkpoints in halo 3? there was even a thread about it around the time installs were new.

if i remember correctly single player is partly cached on the HDD and the install fucks it up

xabre

Banned
I regretted trading in Forza 2, I'll be buying this new one. Very impressed with graphics and features, this is how you do a sequel.

I have been wondering how extensive the damage system is compared with Forza 2 though?

rjcc

Diablohead said:

dude...no

there are some games that had problems with installs like halo, my launch 20gb loads fine

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
xabre said:
I have been wondering how extensive the damage system is compared with Forza 2 though?

From what I can see the damage system is basically similar to Forza 2 with 2 key differences: 1) the cars can roll over and 2) higher polys means more realistic damage modelling. Plus, Forza 3 has real time tire deformation so maybe that means tires degrade differently throughout the race.

Saiyu

op_ivy said:
dont know how legit the source is, but apparently he works at turn10...

source GTXF.net

hmm so the post's been taken down and people at FM.net forums are saying that he was a T10 employee....Interesting

RSTEIN said:
From what I can see the damage system is basically similar to Forza 2 with 2 key differences: 1) the cars can roll over and 2) higher polys means more realistic damage modelling. Plus, Forza 3 has real time tire deformation so maybe that means tires degrade differently throughout the race.
Thats exactly what it means. Bumps and deformation effects driving capabilities as a whole.

h3ro

Saiyu said:
hmm so the post's been taken down and people at FM.net forums are saying that he was a T10 employee....Interesting

Might have had something to do with him calling Nissan reps twats or something to that effect. I hope they can get the GT-R in the game as I'd really like to see how it feels using the Forza 3 engine.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
thansk for setting me staright on the fps shog. apologies to those i doubted. makes you wonder why we hadnt heard the 30/60fps issue elsewhere first. are game journo's just not as adept at spotting framerates, or are e3 previews cut some slack in regards to things like this with the knowledge that these games are works in progress.

the fact that the e3 demo isnt quite 100% optimized means its unlikely we'll get a demo based on it, or anythime soon (damn you saladine1, you LIE!)

Having double disks sounds good to me. Having the arcade sku hold the franchise hostage would be awful. With all that extra resolution in the textures, they probably had no choice.

Hopefully the career mode isn't built for just one disk though. That's really where additional tracks were needed the most. I'm sure they can find a solution to that by swapping out tracks in the presence of an install, or whatever.

BCD2 said:
Having double disks sounds good to me. Having the arcade sku hold the franchise hostage would be awful. With all that extra resolution in the textures, they probably had no choice.

Hopefully the career mode isn't built for just one disk though. That's really where additional tracks were needed the most. I'm sure they can find a solution to that by swapping out tracks in the presence of an install, or whatever.

They have said the career mode is dynamic, if you don't have the second disc installed you probably won't even notice the other tracks are missing. With it installed they will then be added to your calender.

bloodforge said:
They have said the career mode is dynamic, if you don't have the second disc installed you probably won't even notice the other tracks are missing. With it installed they will then be added to your calender.
Oh, that's right, that's right.

Perfect.

Saiyu

h3ro said:
Might have had something to do with him calling Nissan reps twats or something to that effect. I hope they can get the GT-R in the game as I'd really like to see how it feels using the Forza 3 engine.

That's true, although I think his "info" on Le Mans (La Sarthe) being in could be true considering the Audi team-up event in two weeks time.

EDIT: You know what I miss from Forza 1? Online career, I hope it makes it this time around.

Rad Agast

I hope they have the second disc working as an expansion so that once we install it and the game detects it then it automatically adds all the extras to the career mode.

DuckRacer

Saiyu said:
That's true, although I think his "info" on Le Mans (La Sarthe) being in could be true considering the Audi team-up event in two weeks time.

EDIT: You know what I miss from Forza 1? Online career, I hope it makes it this time around.
His info on La Sarthe being in the game may be true, but I'd be shocked if the subsequent info of that being the only new licensed track in the game is correct.

Mobius 1

So, support for Logitech wheels, right? Every racing enthusiast has them.

If not... stop with the definitive racing game bullshit.

op_ivy

saladine1 said:
Thanks,appreciate it.

I'm more than convinced now that "Tofu" does or did indeed work for T10.

Now to read that rumor list again..

that demo release, purely speculation on your part, no?

Norante said:
So, support for Logitech wheels, right? Every racing enthusiast has them.

If not... stop with the definitive racing game bullshit.
Why do people keep posting this like there's something Turn 10 can do about it? If it pisses you off, mail Microsoft and Logitech and get those dickheads to work it out.

Mobius 1

Psychotext said:
Why do people keep posting this like there's something Turn 10 can do about it? If it pisses you off, mail Microsoft and Logitech and get those dickheads to work it out.

Because Turn10, being a first-party developer for Microsoft, could at least try and leverage their position to bend Microsoft's retarded rules?

acm2000 said:
so, this pneumatic racing seat, where can i buy one? lol
Custom built? dunno, but if I win the lottery or make a killing with an iphone app it's the first thing I want to buy along with 3 large tv's and more 360's

Norante said:
Because Turn10, being a first-party developer for Microsoft, could at least try and leverage their position to bend Microsoft's retarded rules?

There's no rules that you can't use Logitech wheels. They use a different protocol for the 360 force feedback, its up to Logitech to get the wheels working, not Microsoft.

Norante said:
Yeah... that's really not how things work in big business unless you're a name they really can't afford to piss off.

You think they wont have tried pretty much everything they can at this stage? Or perhaps they actually like seeing people say they wont buy their game because of the wheel situation.

Norante said:

Apparently the issue is that the software running the G25 is just way too different than the way the xbox accepts inputs. It's not that they are deliberately locking out the Logitech wheels, it's just that all their current wheels interface in a way that is just not possible to work on the 360 without some sort of dongle or some piece of hardware in between to "re-interpret" the signals.

PjotrStroganov said:
All assists on I'm guessing.
I wonder if the game still slows TCS and ABS etc next to the speedo, it's not showing any right now but the car does seem to stick to the road rather well taking into mind that it's a 4wd car and stock.

He must have ABS on because I don't see the wheels lock up at any point under heavy braking, and with this dudes driving line I doubt it's off :p

saladine1 said:
I have my sources...

:O

Wasn't there a MS ad a while back with an overview of Sarthe and the "12.06.09: SAVE THE DATE" line? Was that confirmed to be fake or is there really something going down? Le Mans itself kicks off the next day.

op_ivy

Spaceman Spiff said:

Wasn't there a MS ad a while back with an overview of Sarthe and the "12.06.09: SAVE THE DATE" line? Was that confirmed to be fake or is there really something going down? Le Mans itself kicks off the next day.

no way. i refuse to get hyped only to be disappointed

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
anyone who played forza 3 with the fanatec wheel: does the fanatec wheel + forza 3 still have fake force feedback?

i wouldn't mind putting money down on the wheel if they made it right this time (instead of off the vibration channel)

op_ivy said:
no way. i refuse to get hyped only to be disappointed

wi4nbs.jpg

That's the ad I mentioned. Anyone know if it's fake?

I'm with you though. I'll assume nothing, since I'm weak and couldn't take the crushing disappointment. October isn't too far away, either.

Cheeto

Someone just needs to make a fully functional wheel that works on all platforms. (That doesn't cost half a grand!)

saladine1

Spaceman Spiff said:

Let's just say....save the date...

But seriously,something IS going to go down.

saladine1

Spaceman Spiff said:
wi4nbs.jpg

I'm with you though. I'll assume nothing, since I'm weak and couldn't take the crushing disappointment. October isn't too far away, either.
No, it's not a fake.

It is most certainly real..

Flo_Evans

Spaceman Spiff said:
wi4nbs.jpg

That looks too amateur to be real...

you would think turn10 wouldn't have to magic wand the xbox360 logo. :lol

op_ivy

sionyboy said:
What tracks were in the E3 Demo?

(assuming any demo on XBL would be the same that was present at E3)

3 from Montserrat, Spain

op_ivy

Spaceman Spiff said:
wi4nbs.jpg

how long is sarthe? what other games has it been in?

nm, 8.5 miles, le mans for dc for one

op_ivy said:
3 from Montserrat, Spain

Oh, if it'd had been one from Le Mans then I'd have given it a bit more credence.

And at a closer look.... thislooksshopped.jpg And pretty poorly too at that.

edit: If anything, it'll more likely be an official announcement that Le Mans has been licensed for Forza 3, don't think it necessarily has to do with a demo.

Top Bottom