• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

AMUSIX

bloodforge said:
Che has already said a few pages back that they don't do that.
14iiyir.gif

saladine1

chespace said:
Sorry mate, no gameplay vids yet. You'll get tons of them when we give preview builds to the press I'm sure.

I'm curious, what other behind the scenes stuff have we been doing that you're so sick of? So far, we've only done this one E3 video and release a bunch of new screens between E3, Le Mans, and now these Japanese cars.

As for a Le Mans travel diary, yup... coming up hopefully next week. :D

1 is one too many:)

Seriously though,appreciate the fact you even bother to post here, so hats off.

Those shots around the tire area and other fine details give off a computer generated look to them. An unnatural view of the tire around the rim is too finite. It's a little peev and a clear distinction when in comparison to that other game.

I've noticed this in quite a few of those new shots. A clear and present "rendered" look. its not bad but also in some cases in dosnt srping a natural and realistic look to the cars.

saladine1

Revelations said:
Those shots around the tire area and other fine details give off a computer generated look to them. An unnatural view of the tire around the rim is too finite. It's a little peev and a clear distinction when in comparison to that other game.

I've noticed this in quite a few of those new shots. A clear and present "rendered" look. its not bad but also in some cases in dosnt srping a natural and realistic look to the cars.
I've noticed that as well.
It looks well out of place for some reason, kinda reminds me of FM1/2...

bj00rn_

Banned
Revelations said:

I have no fucking clue what you're talking about - And I don't want to know :lol

..Nothing wrong with your post though. I guess what I'm just saying that it reminds me how far these games have come since I had my first experience with "3D" car games at home:

night_driver.gif

Night Driver on the Atari 2600 (Video Here)

And arguably my favorite racing game of all time:
f1gp.jpg

Formula 1 Grand Prix aka World Circuit on the Amiga
(Even though it could barely keep 5fps :lol (Video Here)

kinn

Gowans007 said:
just saw this in the UK Bargins thread, it would have happy spent it if it worked with Forza 3 and 360 :(

Oh man...If only it worked on 360 as well.

Anyone know if their next wheel will work with the 360?

hgplayer1

bj00rn_ said:
I have no fucking clue what you're talking about - And I don't want to know :lol

..Nothing wrong with your post though. I guess what I'm just saying that it reminds me how far these games have come since I had my first experience with "3D" car games at home:

night_driver.gif

Night Driver on the Atari 2600 (Video Here)

damn why do they ALWAYS get someone who is terrible at racing games to play when they shoot a vid? ALWAYS! (all de time?)

And arguably my favorite racing game of all time:
f1gp.jpg

Formula 1 Grand Prix aka World Circuit on the Amiga
(Even though it could barely keep 5fps :lol (Video Here)

at first glance I thought that was Nigel Mansell's World Championship on SNES http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RxrHFjb5Sw&feature=related . I loved that game!

totally agree with your post by the way :D

bran

Watching the gamersyde 720p trailer of the gameplay of driving from 1st/3rd person in the Lambo made me very concerned.

Why is there not the slightest bumbing from the track? It looks like the cars are cruising on ice, perfectly smooth.

If you are going to do cockpit view I want some occasional/however slight camera shake.

saladine1

Weather and day/night confirmed!

i74ftt.jpg

2l87r80.jpg

4zu77l.jpg

zjgp4g.jpg

No, not really, but a little visual example of how Forza can look...
Credit goes to Dark4ever from the Forzamotorsport.net forums.

Yeah, not cool.

After seeing those on the FM.net forums, it's disappointing that we probably won't be getting weather, which would be nice, but something I could manage without. Varying times of day and night racing really could keep things fresh, though. If I'm not mistaken, all of the tracks we've seen up until now have been smack-dab in the middle of the afternoon. There's plenty that we haven't seen, though, so there's room for some surprises yet.

Still, that's some commendable Photoshop work on Dark4ever's part. It's almost too good. :/

VVV Mars VG

Damn it sure fooled me till I got to the bottom of that post :D , what great mocks! Really goes to show what weather and lighting could do to the game, sigh we'll have to wait another few years I guess.

I've been playing a lot of FM2 recently and just have to chime in and say, damn the replay camera angles are horrendous. The replays just flat out suck in FM2. I hope replays have gone through a complete upgrade like the graphics did for FM3.

saladine1 said:
Weather and day/night confirmed...

...No, not really, but a little visual example of how Forza can look...

I'm going to break your legs.

Darklord

Banned
saladine1 said:

...I hate you.

saladine1 said:

[cruel]

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

acm2000

DodgerSan said:
Would be very nice, but I extremely doubt it.

me too, but turn10 (read, che) have been well known to trick and fool (remember the water phyiscs OMGZ TURN10 MAKING BOAT GAME bollocks che was putting out there)

Sleeker

acm2000 said:
Dark4Ever could be a ruse, he could be turn10 employee releasing these pics as photoshops, but theyre actually real ;)

well that would be nice.
different times of day are great but i havent seen it in many racing games lately.
at least none that ive played

Top Bottom