• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 gameplay preview (leaked)

KingDizzi

Banned
That was fucking awesome, with this and Gears 3 I need to get myself a 360 again. But I can't see the awesome new graphics, does not seem a big jump from Forza 3 at all. What I like the most from that trailer? 16 players. Also I gotta say it's great how Turn 10 announce their games fully only a few months before release.

I know its April 1st

Holy shit though, I gotta clean up guys. With improved lighting, this game will be really beautiful. If they can fix the image compression with Photo Mode, this game will be ridiculous. I'm gonna fire up Forza 3 again

This game is gonna be off the hook. Also, thumbs up for More Human than Human.

G17

Very clear confirmation of the Top Gear Test track at 1:22. I am stoked! I was expecting some off road racing with the previous teaser but they'll probably show that off at E3.

DuckRacer

Risk Breaker said:
Isn't it fishy that it says "For internal use only" and then "What you're about to see is actual in-game footage"? I mean... the first things you see AREN'T in-game and they wouldn't put that on a trailer if it was "For internal use only"
Er, they probably would, the point of these trailers is to show MS and its studios and partners what they've accomplished thus far. It's not like the trailer is for Turn 10 only and they just want to pat themselves on the back.

eso76

image based lighting !
Well, but they need to tweak textures and colors for some of the existing tracks; they seem to have almost nailed the cars now, but they're often sitting in a too colourful scenery.

Double the cars sounds great already.

People are complaining about the tracks and scenery? That was one of the best thing about F3's graphics. The tracks and environments looked amazing.

Better than any other racer I've seen.

vixlar

16 racers!!!!

I hope this is for single player too and not just for multiplayer.

5 new tracks. Only 5. Well, I wish those are good tracks.

Kinect blablabla... neeeext!!!

Well, actually if that head tracking is real and if I can use my wheel, and only use the kinect for head tracking it could be interesting.

TheOddOne

DuckRacer said:
Er, they probably would, the point of these trailers is to show MS and its studios and partners what they've accomplished thus far. It's not like the trailer is for Turn 10 only and they just want to pat themselves on the back.
Or it could be a work in progress trailer. Usually a couple of trailers are made, some float around the company and never get released.

Scottify

Unless my eyes deceived me, and the definitely could've. It looks like active aero is now in? Right around 1:40 or so. If so, very nice addition.

Eccocid

Well is it to me but all big budgeted racing games look really nice and all same?
I can't see anything to go OMG WTF BBQ in that video. It looks photo realistic as other racing games, especially GT5 (don't wanna compare this video to a finished game tho)

M_A_C

soundscream said:
At :24 it looks like that road top gear drove on in Switzerland.
edit:
and 1:26 looks like the top gear test track

I noticed that too. Are we sure this isn't just GT5 footage?

shinnn

omg.. there's a lot of information.. if it's true lol

2yuk9ow.jpg

=

transfagarasan-romania-top-gear.jpg

?

holy...

AEREC

shinobi602 said:
People are complaining about the tracks and scenery? That was one of the best thing about F3's graphics. The tracks and environments looked amazing.

Better than any other racer I've seen.

You cant be serious, Forza 3 had some of the most bland track scenery Ive ever seen.

Anyways this trailer looked a little fake...I mean it had the Forze 3 logo with a 4 at the end of it if Im not mistaken.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
How the fuck

T10

MINDFUCKED me.

OH Jesus Christus riding a horse, how can this be FAKE? It's new ORIGINAL content never seen right now from FM?

OH MY GOD!

16 fucking cars?

WAT. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Wazzim

Banned
It's the 1st of April but I want to believe. The footage looks really good, especially for a 60 FPS game.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
They need to update that logo, I'm sure this shit is old footage too they got MASSIVE time to tidy things up.

FUCK this shit looked good for 360p.

A bit weird that the trailer didn't showcase any damage footage....????

Man, I'm trying real hard not to hop the hype train just to crash and burn....

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Big Ass Ramp said:
F4 is a day 1 for me, but that trailer really didn't do much for me.

You body just wasn't ready my good friend. Process this!

They just teased, we need MORE MOOOOOREEEE!

soujiro_seta said:
A bit weird that the trailer didn't showcase any damage footage....????

Man, I'm trying real hard not to hop the hype train just to crash and burn....

FM had damage since FM1 I'm sure you DON'T need to worry about this LOL..

LQX

Cant wait for Forza 4 but that "gameplay preview" also did not do much for me as the quality is not all that great. Promising new features though especially the club feature sound great as I'm sure GAF will have one.

blanky

There's a whole lot of little stuff in there. For instance; pop from the exhaust on downshifts, active aero animated and some others i think. Sure is nice, but the gameplay bits looked very familiar graphically though this isnt the best quality video to judge. And double the cars on a race is a lot nicer than graphic boost. Cant wait for an official info release, but Im not looking forward to the slow trickle of info.

methane47 said:
Isn't that supposed to be the Top Gear Runway track?

Maybe. What I mean is that you cannot drive through that part in the track.

EDIT: Wait, you do, I got confused with a different part of the track. My apologies. It could actually be from GT5 but that R8 looks a tad different.

Top Bottom