• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Mascot

Anyone hear/read in previews whether replays are 60fps this time? Post-race where the AI takes over definitely is (my eyes don't lie), but not sure about replays.

skyfinch

Mascot said:
Anyone hear/read in previews whether replays are 60fps this time? Post-race where the AI takes over definitely is (my eyes don't lie), but not sure about replays.

Haven't heard anything, but that would be a nice change. Haven't seen 60fps replays this generation since PGR1.

shinnn

Ferrari to Lotus is up too
http://www.xboxfront.de/news-2206-26390-Forza_Motorsport_4_Microsoft_Xbox_360.html

They've added custom liverys to nascar and dtm cars.

bilder_79373.jpg

bilder_78931.jpg

Cptkrush

saladine1 said:
Volkswagen

2004 Beetle Turbo
1995 Corrado VR6
2011 Fox
1992 Golf GTI 16V (MkII)
1998 Golf GTI VR6 (MkIII)
2006 Golf GTI (MkV)
1984 Rabbit GTI (MkI)

No R32? No Bora/Jetta? Lack of the new 2012 Beetle Turbo is understandable, but seriously? I was under the impression that this was going to have all the cars from 3. I bet they milk the shit out of car DLC for this game... More on this when I find more manufacturers to complain about.

Also, where the hell is the MK1 Rabbit?

Cptkrush said:
No R32? No Bora/Jetta? Lack of the new 2012 Beetle Turbo is understandable, but seriously? I was under the impression that this was going to have all the cars from 3. I bet they milk the shit out of car DLC for this game... More on this when I find more manufacturers to complain about.

Also, where the hell is the MK1 Rabbit?

Wtf they also took out my car. They had it in 3 too, mind you it was a concept of the MK6 GTI but it was in there.... :\ But no R32 or even the GolfR is rather upsetting

saladine1

That can't be the full list. I don't know why they thought it was but there's heaps of cars missing so I wouldn't worry about it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I count four green cars that have no place in a game like this (Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, Tesla Roadster, Toyota Prius). Either there's a dues-paying Greenpeace member working at Turn 10, or moneyhats are involved.

Cptkrush

saladine1 said:
That can't be the full list. I don't know why they thought it was but there's heaps of cars missing so I wouldn't worry about it.
I hope you're right, then again it does say "Pre release Car list" so maybe those are the cars available in the preview build.

shinnn said:
it's not the full list

the VW Bora is in the last trailer.

Thank god.

shinnn said:
it's not the full list

the VW Bora is in the last trailer.

So annoying that they used a version with a VW aftermarket spoiler. It would've been better to replace this car's model with the 2004.5 GLI version.

F50 rear wheels are still wrong, but the headlights are fixed. Seems odd, like whoever QC'd the model noticed the headlight issue but not the rear wheels.

skybaby

VIP Car Pack
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2010 Noble M600
2011 RUF Rt 12 R
The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:

1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
1997 Lexus SC300
2011 RUF RGT-8
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport
- The Limited Edition will also come with the recently unveiled 2012 BMW M5.

Retailer Specific Pre-Order Cars
Subaru WRX STi (Amazon.com)
BMW 1 Series M Coupe (Best Buy)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde (GameStop)
Honda CR-Z EX (Target, Microsoft Store)
MINI John Cooper Works Clubman (Wal-mart)
So, I'll never get to drive these cars in game? No other way? WTF is VIP? I'm lost, sorry :lol

Mascot

Cptkrush said:
No R32? No Bora/Jetta?
No Scirocco?
No Karmann Ghia?

Edit: Ah, not full list? Good.

But the omission of the Karmann Ghia is ridiculous. It is America's most imported car of all time (I think). Plus, it's awesome and gorgeous.

benzy

Mascot said:

The direct-feed replay vids they officially released had motion blur in it, in which case it should still be 30fps.

saladine1

Slayer-33 said:
Can I have a customization video.

God dammit.

:( feels batman.
Lol, the last piece of the puzzle.
I would love to see the new 'period' customizations.
Fuck, I hate weekends...everything slows down and we become starved again.

benzy

saladine1 said:
Lol, the last piece of the puzzle.
I would love to see the new 'period' customizations.
Fuck, I hate weekends...everything slows down and we become starved again.

Does that mean new current and old bumpers and stuff?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
benzy said:
Does that mean new current and old bumpers and stuff?

All that stuff :(

Messing with cars, changing the wheels lowering the ride etc etc just seeing how they changed every menu for it and all expected improvements.

Maybe there's stuff we don't know about yet.

benzy

Slayer-33 said:
All that stuff :(

Messing with cars, changing the wheels lowering the ride etc etc just seeing how they changed every menu for it and all expected improvements.

Maybe there's stuff we don't know about yet.

Man I hope so. That sounds awesome.

eso76

according to Forzacentral, tons of Badned hints referred to things that were moved to DLC.
Sounds like A LOT of stuff that was supposed to be in the game, was instead moved to DLC in fact.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
eso76 said:
according to Forzacentral, tons of Badned hints referred to things that were moved to DLC.
Sounds like A LOT of stuff that was supposed to be in the game, was instead moved to DLC in fact.
Such as?

saladine1

drugstore_cowboy said:
Weekends are reserved for drugs. booze and sluts.

Makes the wait for Forza a little easier.
Some of us are married with children so drugs,booze and sluts no longer apply. Makes the wait a lot tougher. Unless....it's time to be single again just for a couple of weeks...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
skyfinch said:
Awesome. So was this the complete game at the event? Was every track and car available to use?
I'm afraid I was on a vacation this week, so I have no idea. If it's anything like the event 2 years ago for F3, it was the complete game.

samdavis

Neo Member
skyfinch said:

Just a proper rewording of the, often rhetorical, "You know what time it is..."

It was in reference to the Datsun 240Z/Fairlady Z 432 in that trailer. It is in the game again, and thus I am sold.

eso76

cjelly said:

49 19 40 8 34 10 = HockenheimRing CORRECT
Baby Blue = Noble M600 CORRECT
52.6 1.19 = Noble CORRECT
Rebirth of the 'truth' = Veritas Was moved into DLC so no answer atm
"...mind blowingly fast...mind alteringly quick." = Noble M600 CORRECT
What have a cat and ZZ Top in common? = Mercury Cougar Eliminator CORRECT
DY = 1992 Nissan 240SX SE WRONG - To be revealed
Susan comes by! = ??? '57 Thunderbird
An extraordinary tomato! = ??? '76 Gran Torino
Three concepts but no final! = Toyota FT-86 II Concept To be revealed
Jason454ss = GMC Syclone(?) CORRECT
A radical orange! = BMW M3 GTS(?) WRONG - Was moved into DLC so no answer atm
MUM3975 = BMW Z3 M Coupe CORRECT
Performance Highly Dosed = ??? DLC - To be revealed
T.G.A.R.C. = ??? '73 XB Falcon = The Great Australian Road Car
The way of life is fast! = Suzuki Kizashi WRONG model
HMA285 = Hyundai Veloster To be revealed
heart of courage = Ferrari FF CORRECT
At the end it's light! = ??? REMOVED
One of a zillion! = ??? To be revealed
4494-3220 = ??? Was moved into DLC so no answer atm
Can I have a hot cup of coffee with some tw'o? = Suzuki Cappuccino(?) WRONG - To be revealed
My first butterfly crossed the road to heaven. = Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale(?) DLC to be revealed
RROD on a shift knob? No way! = Audi RS3 / RS5 / R8 GT WRONG - DLC to be revealed
From thirty to thirty-six, am I silly? = ??? Was moved into DLC so no answer atm
You mean the soccer club? No! = Honda HSV-010(?) or Skoda(?) WRONG - To be revealed
We are the rolling black fifteen! = ??? DLC - To be revealed
The flyer got one higher without its face! = ??? To be revealed
An era ended on it! = Peugeot 205 T16(?) To be revealed
5-5 3-6 = ??? DLC - To be revealed
Big in detail. = ??? Was moved into DLC so no answer atm
DXW760 = ??? Chevy Volt = model code
Let's do some extra one eigthies! = ??? To be revealed

Xanadu

Banned
Seanspeed said:
What race or even game does that not happen in? Could you just not hear somebody say something good about Forza without having some sort of dig?

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but its really hard to not get that impression from your posts. For every good thing you say about Forza, there's 9 other posts where you're criticizing it. Or you'll say something like, "Well yea thats good, but that part where blah blah still sucks!" I dont like eternal optimism and positivism, but do you really think you're fooling anybody? I'm sure you genuinely enjoy Forza to a degree, but you seem to enjoy 'putting it in its place' a little too much for my tastes.
i do the same with every racing sim, i'm picky and i like things to be perfect

to answer your first question, it doesnt happen in forza 2 public lobbies, i had some of the best and most clean races i've ever had in forza 2, i hated forza 3 online tbh

Angst

Xanadu said:
yea it was great until everyone crashed into each other on the first corner
Not exactly the game's fault is it? Race with people you know - problem (mostly) solved.
Race with randoms and you'll most likely get a crash fest, people driving the wrong way, etc etc.

Goes for every racing game under the sun.

paskowitz

I think the car list is pretty balanced. Ford, Ferrari, and Chevy dominate but otherwise its pretty evenly distributed among each nation and brand. Hopefully the DLC fills some much needed gaps. Aventador? Pagani Barf (Hah-wi-ra)? Audi R18. Etc.

eso76 said:
Bathurst? Please?

Xanadu

Banned
U n i o n 0015 said:
F50 rear wheels are still wrong, but the headlights are fixed. Seems odd, like whoever QC'd the model noticed the headlight issue but not the rear wheels.
yea the rear wheels are awful, but not as bad as mk1 NSX's rear end

Top Bottom