• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Jamesways

brotkasten said:
Fair enough. You should look into GTR2 and Race 07 + expansions.
Oh if only I had a decent PC to run them. I'm a huge Race Pro fan too.

But I understand what you mean, I know it's very addicting for a lot of people to methodically build and tune a street car and have that track day/semi pro racing fun.

But that's one of the aspects of Forza that's so good, it's flexible and has enough variety for street car fans, motorsport fans, and drifting fans.

I hope the emphasis doesn't stray too far from the actual racing however.

Jamesways said:
I do like the racing but I guess I'm drawn more to the cars themselves. Having tracks like Benchmark Layout A to really put a car through its paces in every way (powerslides and drifts, huzzah), along with taking nice laps through Fujimi Kaido helps to decompress after a long work day. I love it.

That's what excites me about the Top Gear and autovista additions. More ways to love the cars and the driving model.

Of course it all leads up the racing, but I appreciate all of the extras.

Xanadu

Banned
Jamesways said:
Oh if only I had a decent PC to run them. I'm a huge Race Pro fan too.

But I understand what you mean, I know it's very addicting for a lot of people to methodically build and tune a street car and have that track day/semi pro racing fun.

But that's one of the aspects of Forza that's so good, it's flexible and has enough variety for street car fans, motorsport fans, and drifting fans.

you really dont need a decent PC to run GTR2, its an old game now but the physics are still better than console sims

Mascot

Jamesways said:
I'm completely the opposite. I play racing games to mimic the motorsports I follow. I'll never be an FIA GT or ALMS driver, that's why I enjoy these games.

I share this philosophy entirely. The GT classes are what gets me really excited about motorsport. Knowing these monsters share atoms of DNA with their production model counterparts under all those gorgeous race liveries does something to me that I struggle to articulate.

Am I a bad person because I prefer Hood Cam to Cockpit? If they have a way to move your POV back in Forza 4 while in Cockpit I might switch. But using a GT2 wheel I don't want to click buttons to look at the Mirror and it seems so limited in view.

flyinpiranha said:
Am I a bad person because I prefer Hood Cam to Cockpit? If they have a way to move your POV back in Forza 4 while in Cockpit I might switch. But using a GT2 wheel I don't want to click buttons to look at the Mirror and it seems so limited in view.
You know you can do that in 3 right?

Not really, although the cockpits are nice to have I prefer the sense of speed, the view and often the audio of the hood/bonnet or bumper cam.

Maybe on a triple screen setup cockpits would work but for now they feel cramped and awkward. Headtracking could help too.

drugstore_cowboy said:
Not really, although the cockpits are nice to have I prefer the sense of speed, the view and often the audio of the hood/bonnet or bumper cam.

Maybe on a triple screen setup cockpits would work but for now they feel cramped and awkward. Headtracking could help too.
There is a FOV trick you can do for the cockpits, though when I race online and want to be competitive I prefer the bonnet camera myself.

Mascot

drugstore_cowboy said:

That's (weirdly) what I like about them..! I find the feeling of slight claustrophobia and the restricted view helps with the immersion.

The default POV in FM4 is pulled back a little from FM3 anyway. It's more like GT5's cockpit view now.

amar212

That Bold Guy
"We wanted to be believable.."

You are not believable my friend - not with road of such width in middle of the Alps.

You would be more *believable* if you made that road more narrow, as would expect form road buried deep in heart of Europe on top of the oldest hills of Old Continent.

Nice reference to Grindenwald BTW

Mascot

Doodis said:
Nice video, terrible streaming. Ugh.

Yeah, got it paused and buffering right now so haven't seen it yet. I'll try it again in half an hour.
I wonder if "CLIG&GICL" and "incubate" get their normal mentions. Ooh ooh - and how is the beard action?

Shaneus

Fuck them for using Silverlight, means I get no GPU acceleration on my subnotebook... video is a slideshow. Any YT links?

adelante

Wait, are those new photos on your site Blim? I can't for the life of me recall ever seeing this one before (along with the rest of the bunch you've uploaded):

2a4tw0.jpg

Mascot

adelante said:
Wait, are those new photos on your site Blim? I can't for the life of me recall ever seeing this one before (along with the rest of the bunch you've uploaded):

http://i54.tinypic.com/2a4tw0.jpg[/IMG ][/QUOTE]

This one is new to me..! Awesome, gorgeous, magnificent.

Also: holy fuck at that video - Turn 10 have [I]reverse engineered the SUN..![/I]

Blimblim

The Inside Track
adelante said:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2a4tw0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Photo from a preorder pack I think.

shinnn

"Pre-order Marketwide Cars"

is this mustang exclusive for pre-order?

edit: just checked fm.net. Yes, it's a pre-order car.

Mascot

Blimblim said:
Photo from a preorder pack I think.

:lol

How long have they been on your site before any of us noticed..?
Here we are nursing withdrawal migraines and NEW STUFF was hiding in plain sight all along.

Forzagaf FAIL.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Mascot said:
:lol

How long have they been on your site before any of us noticed..?
Here we are nursing withdrawal migraines and NEW STUFF was hiding in plain sight all along.

Forzagaf FAIL.
They've been there since when I posted the video, added by another editor of the site. So, not long.

Top Bottom