• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

soundscream said:
Im so sorry

6008899286_96c7a003b9_z.jpg
The RUF is happy that Porsche is gone. "Those idiots have to drive me now! :)"

Mascot

Shaneus said:
That video... wow. Love the logo intro, too... they should keep that for the full game.

This logo looks a lot cleaner than the one on the box art. They should deffo ditch that one and run with this one, IMO. Much sharper, says 'motorsport' to me wheras the box art one whispers 'child's toy'.

eso76

RukusProvider said:
Holy shit at the end of the video where they show the track replay. Very impressive.

yeah, but that bloom is a bit too much.
Not saying it wouldn't be there in the right lghting conditions (it would, just look at cars around you at the right time) but you can't see the car at times : \
Best part is a few seconds in, the segment where the Ferrari comes out of the tunnel. Wow.

Mascot

Has anyone managed a good grab of that piece of paper on the pin board with the story of the Alps track typed on it?

saladine1

G1igy.jpg

Me.You.Sex.Now.

I really loved that making of video. Again, I swear,it's as if Turn 10 read all my wishlist posts because this latest vid was a request of mine for ages now. T10,are you stalking me?

By the way, the game looks,very,very impressive. And the sounds, oh the sound of that Ferrari...o.r.g.a.s.m.i.c...

soundscream said:
You know you can do that in 3 right?

I did not, can you elaborate? Lvl 41 and now replaying since my save got deleted with the install of the UE and now lvl 19 and I'm JUST finding this out? LOL @ myself =(

EDIT: I assume there hasn't been any confirmation on exporting that quality also? It would really suck if they limited it to what FM3 has. I actually ignored the feature altogether because of the shoddy quality pics (resolution/size-wise) that I would be working for.

shinnn said:
lol I was trying to figure out what layout is that

HOLY SHIT!

edit:

bah.. it can't be true. Must be just inspiration for fantasy tracks?
Nothing on that wall has to be confirmed for the game. Don't forget the Forza 3 art pics from the Jalopnik studio tour.

saladine1

GameCentral was lucky enough to be allowed out in the C’eed for a hot lap around the circuit and can report that the in-game track features the same bumps, lumps and surface changes as the real thing, so racers should be able to compare their times to those of the stars.
Could it be that finally, the tracks of Forza will lose the smooth as glass feel to them?

adelante

Image compression aside (grabbed these off the video) but my GAAAAAAWD the new lighting improvements alone is gonna make F4's photomode a more rewarding experience

29ynotf.jpg

OrangeOak

shinnn said:
lol.. hopefully the next behind the scenes video will be a travel to Sao Paulo ;)

quick comparison

I think there are menu models in replays now and if I remember correctly it was planed for Forza 3

DD

shinnn said:
from Interlagos wikipedia: "Its name (adapted from Interlaken, Switzerland)"

oh well.. the dream is over =\
wat/

Why?

Interlagos has one of the best track layouts of the world. It's definitely one of the best circuits of the Formula 1, aways providing amazing races.

And Forza 1 had a brazilian track, so why not? :)

Also, they should put Potrero de los Funes (San Luis, Argentina) on the game. :3 [/dream]

mblitek

Is anyone else bothered by the perfect asphalt? I mean it's absolutely perfect. I'd rather have a more gritty feeling to get that imaginary sense of a real mountain road. So have different asphalt layed down, patches, cracks, bumps etc all from the expansion/contraction of the water/snow/ice beneath the road.

One other nitpick of mine, the contrast and saturation seems ridiculous! In FM3 I had to have a different setting for my T.V. Maybe that's from reverse engineering the sun? I keed, I keed!

Also, enough of Greenawalt's voice.

The good stuff. Amazing car models, I can't wait for FM4 let alone FM5/GT6 next gen. Photomode quality driving?

Well, I'm off to preorder now :)

I'm trying to stay de-hyped.

ghibli99

mblitek said:
Is anyone else bothered by the perfect asphalt? I mean it's absolutely perfect. I'd rather have a more gritty feeling to get that imaginary sense of a real mountain road. So have different asphalt layed down, patches, cracks, bumps etc all from the expansion/contraction of the water/snow/ice beneath the road.
Just pretend it's a freshly paved circuit. :) Doesn't bother me... the smoothness of the road is one of the reasons why I love Maple Valley Raceway in FM3. Makes me feel connected. I'm not nearly as hardcore as some of the regulars here, though, so I might be in the minority.

amar212 said:
You are not believable my friend - not with road of such width in middle of the Alps.

You would be more *believable* if you made that road more narrow, as would expect form road buried deep in heart of Europe on top of the oldest hills of Old Continent.

Nice reference to Grindenwald BTW
It is believable, because the tracks have a background story, even if they're made up. The story of the alps track says that a race track was build there. Why would someone build a race track from scratch with narrow roads?

BADNED said:
Exactly, just a wall of concepts!
Oh you! Don't turn into another Che! :lol

Zeppelin

I don't know. The lighting in this game is much better than in Forza 3 but very often the cars still come off as cartoonish to me. And there hasn't been many shots were I've gone "wow, that shit looks real." That said, the cars seem to blend way better with the surroundings this time around though.

I skipped out on 3 but I'll probably pick this one up in the end. I wonder how much the Nürburgring has improved since 2...

Zeppelin said:
I don't know. The lighting in this game is much better than in Forza 3 but very often the cars still come off as cartoonish to me. And there hasn't been many shots were I've gone "wow, that shit looks real." That said, the cars seem to blend way better with the surroundings this time around though.

I skipped out on 3 but I'll probably pick this one up in the end. I wonder how much the Nürburgring has improved since 2...

i think you are seeing an artistic choice. they choose a really saturated, high color look for the game. like torch mode on a new LCD, really saturated colors that aren't "real" but for some is more pleasing to look at.

GT5 turned the color down to a flatter look, making it more like a real photo, but not a colorful.

so it may not be a matter of what looks the most "real" in a screenshot but a vibrant color palette as an artistic choice for the game.

Zeppelin

AlanzTalon said:
i think you are seeing an artistic choice. they choose a really saturated, high color look for the game. like torch mode on a new LCD, really saturated colors that aren't "real" but for some is more pleasing to look at.

GT5 turned the color down to a flatter look, making it more like a real photo, but not a colorful.

so it may not be a matter of what looks the most "real" in a screenshot but a vibrant color palette as an artistic choice for the game.

Sure, it's probably an artistic choice. But I think they might have made that choice because they couldn't go more realistic. Which I think is... I don't know... sad? But I guess all in all that was a good decision to make. I always appreciate when devs work around their limitations and in the process give their game a unique look.

And Forza really does use this art style well. It's a very consistent look through out the whole game. :)

bj00rn_

Banned
Zeppelin said:
Sure, it's probably an artistic choice. But I think they might have made that choice because they couldn't go more realistic. Which I think is... I don't know... sad? But I guess all in all that was a good decision to make. I always appreciate when devs work around their limitations and in the process give their game a unique look.

And Forza really does use this art style well. It's a very consistent look through out the whole game. :)

You heard it here first folks; The 360 is so weak it haz colors.

AlanzTalon said:

How is GT5 not colorful? Only if you mess up the photomode filters.

http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/1956/gran-turismo-5-screenshots-race-cars-tokyo-5.jpg
http://nitrogliserin.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/gttgs.jpg
http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/1956/gran-turismo-5-screenshots-race-cars-tokyo-6.jpg

Spaceman Spiff said:
I noticed that as well-- probably to address the complaints of a difficulty imbalance between FM3's medium and hard AI.

That was odd. Medium was was too easy and hard was rape-worthy. Total imbalance.

Xanadu

Banned
U n i o n 0015 said:
That was odd. Medium was was too easy and hard was rape-worthy. Total imbalance.
i found hard too easy in forza 3, not trying to say im pro or anything but i felt they still braked at points you dont need to brake, especially on the nurburgring

Xanadu said:
i found hard too easy in forza 3, not trying to say im pro or anything but i felt they still braked at points you dont need to brake, especially on the nurburgring
Yeah, hard wasn't really that hard in FM3.

ghibli99

I think it was the IGN review that said hard was too difficult, so I stayed away from it for a while. I've toyed with it a bit, and hard isn't too bad, although it has made me pay attention to my mods/settings more than just autopiloting it through normal. Certainly not as bad as some of the races in Rage Racer, which almost made me throw my PS1 out the window.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hard isn't very hard for the better players. With an equal car, I can usually beat the AI by multiple seconds a lap on an average track. Cant imagine what its like for the REAL good players.

I doubt they've actually made the game more difficult with the new 'pro' difficulty level. Probably just made 'Professional' like the old 'hard' and the new 'hard' would be sort of inbetween the old 'medium' and 'hard'.

I started sandbagging a lot in Forza 3 to keep things interesting. Picking a car down on power and setting it to hard made for some fun races, but if you're moderately skilled there's not much challenge to be found.

shinnn said:
Dan Greenawalt video interview

New option in the difficulty menu: Opponent Upgrade

hell yeah

I am actually really glad to see this, but I would still love to able to choose garage cars for the AI. It would be fun to set up races with friends and AI opponents with "spec" cars/tunes that you create. Or just make some terribly tuned car and watch the AI try to struggle with it around a track, or even use the AI as the Stig to test your upgrades around the Top Gear Test Track.

I am guessing there might be some limitation I am unaware of, but it would be cool to be able to give the AI your own tuned and modified cars to race against.

Top Bottom