• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

aperman said:
So I walked onto the stage at my school to pick up some gear (i'm a film student), and i walked into the middle of the debut for Pagani's new US supercar, the Huayra.

There was also a Zonda in a trailer in the parking lot. What do you think the chances of this car being in FM4?

Just for information's sake: I go to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.

I am seething with jealousy right now.

A Huayra on campus, with a Zonda R outside? Goddamn, I need to change schools.

eek5 said:
holy shi..... D: D: D:

i hope we can paint with that carbon fiber material + matte.. that'd be pretty sweet :x

Jube, this is important! I NEED the matte paint option for F4, seeing as how every other game already has it. PLEASE!!! And maybe a proper dry carbon option?

Okay, that might have been greedy. How about you just give us matte paint and call it even?

mblitek said:
So I just pre-ordered Forza4 Collector's Edition. Now what do I do to become a Forza VIP or whatever it's called. I put my Xbox Live ID on the receipt now to whom or where do I submit it to?

Thanks!

Just go here: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/ and follow the directions.

adelante

soundscream said:
I'm going to have to report you to a moderator for posting such filth in here.
:p
I'm sure you lot can't resist drooling at those hi-res photos so at least I know I won't get banned in vain! haha

pls don't ban me :X

Mascot

Jube3 said:
Hot off the Facebook page :D

Good Lord Sweet Jesus Mary mother of Joseph, that's... fuuu...uuu...uuck.

I just did a sex wee down my left leg.

Edit: Rowan Atkinson. Hope he's OK. Top bloke.
Any word on how the F1's doing?

Mascot said:
Good Lord Sweet Jesus Mary mother of Joseph, that's... fuuu...uuu...uuck.

I just did a sex wee down my left leg.
1287922481918.gif

commedieu

Banned
BADNED said:
Exclusive to the NFS franchise for 2011. ;)

That is so fucking stupid. Car exclusivity... really sucks huh?? Just divides a pretty niche community as it is, but its pointless.

Its not like I'm going to buy NFS for it.. what a waste. I really want to know at the end of the day what millions of people buy NFS because of that rather obscure vehicle to most NFS'ers who think ferrari = fast.

I guess it does offer more eyeballs on their product though, i guess? Although, who turns down bags of money from EA... eghh.. Its just nice to see the autovista mode, and its sad knowing it wont get that sort of treatment in a NFS game as a 300 polygon car.

vanty

I'm assuming the wink means it'll be included in the first DLC they release in 2012 once the exclusivity is no more. Only a few months wait isn't too bad.

derFeef

vanty said:
I'm assuming the wink means it'll be included in the first DLC they release in 2012 once the exclusivity is no more. Only a few months wait isn't too bad.
It's bad that we probably will have to pay for it, though.

Mascot

derFeef said:
It's bad that we probably will have to pay for it, though.

That and Spa, probably. Which also probably means Spa won't be part of the career mode, unless T10 can integrate DLC tracks in the same way they can now integrate DLC cars.

Pure conjecture on my part, obviously, but I can feel it in my blood.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I don't know about you guys but I'm ready to collect some cars man.

I hope to hell that they'll be DLC for aftermarket aero parts and rims, omfg..

Take my god damn money already T10/MS

guest1321

Does anyone have screenshots of the other two cars they revealed today?

2010 Bertone Mantide
2010 Spada Vetture Sport Codatronca TS

Shaneus

Are we seeing more of BADNED here this year than for F3? I don't recall him being this visible around the time F3 was coming out...

Not that it's a bad thing, though! I love seeing that F1 logo pop up. Means news!

I'm wondering if we'll get AutoVista cars with the DLC pack. Clarkson would have to write and narrate the story of those cars over the year and somehow that doesn't seem like something he would do. Or maybe the new AV cars will come without TG feature?

eek5

brotkasten said:
I'm wondering if well get AutoVista cars with the DLC pack. Clarkson would have to write and narrate the story of those cars over the year and somehow that doesn't seem like something he would do. Or maybe the new AV cars will come without TG feature?
They have a multi-year partnership with Top Gear so one can only hope...

Shaneus

Given the "status" of the Huayra and that they probably know it's going to be in, chances are that they have the one or two AV cars picked in advance and Clarkson has already done the voiceover.

eso76

BADNED said:
Exclusive to the NFS franchise for 2011. ;)

oh, so it's like the Nissan GTR, January 1 2012 DLC confirmed :)

In other news wow. As i thought, full lod model for at least the player's car during replays ? it surely looks like it.

Possibly ingame too ? bowling videos showed a lot more interiors than fm3 when switching to third person view. Maybe it's just for time attack or events where only the player's car is on the track ?

eso76

i didn't even know that car existed.
I guess the Aventador is a given at this point.
Sucks for Porsche, especially since the old Spider was one of the best sounding cars in fm3 :)

Seanspeed

Banned
Pretty psyched about the Sesto Elemental. Not a big Lambo fan but that car is insanely good looking. And it only weighs like 1000kg or something, right? Crazy.

LeBoef

hard was really too easy. especially the point, that you were racing just against 1 or 2 opponents. the others were more like medium.

:/

the whole grid should be hard or like rossi

eso76

LeBoef said:
hard was really too easy. especially the point, that you were racing just against 1 or 2 opponents. the others were more like medium.

:/

the whole grid should be hard or like rossi

i think the problem with Fm3 AI is the cpu more or less follows the ideal driving line, which is wrong in a lot of places in some of the tracks, telling you to slow down where you don't need to etc.
Apart from that, yeah, more consistency across the grid is needed, unless they tweaked the AI to do so that the engine doesn't have to handle too many cars on screen at once.

saladine1

About the Sesto Elemento (sixth element in Italian)..wiki

Perspired air is released through 10 distinctive hexagonal holes in the engine cover
??

Lamborghini sources said "...It will never be road legal"

Autoweek Magazine said a "...A stratospheric price tag, perhaps about $2.8 million..."

The chassis, body, driveshaft and suspension components are made of carbon fiber, reducing the overall weight to a mere 999 kg (2,202 lbs), making it the lightest car Lamborghini has ever produced.

Mascot

BADNED said:
Wait till you play with that baby from the inside. =)

NOTE: This is not an ingame shot, just in case.

Can't tell on the iPhone: not ingame as in not FM4, or not ingame as in not gameplay but still Autovista (ie the shot is still a Forza shot)?

Mascot

Xanadu said:

Ah. Shame.

I've always wondered how Badned gets his awesome Forza scoops, and I think I might have found something:

BADNED'S TURN TEN INFO

is an anagram of

DAN RENTS IN FUTON BED

Mmm... the plot thickens.

(only kidding Mr B..!)

The Sesto Elemento looks freaking sick.

Props to T10 for being great selectors of cars. They don't focus too heavily in one particular area, there's a nice mix of everything, including rare concept gems like this.

And hopefully Porsche. =D

Top Bottom