• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

eso76

shinnn said:
lol.. hopefully the next behind the scenes video will be a travel to Sao Paulo ;)

quick comparison

FM4 replay

Fm3 photomode

i was just analyzing the video (frame by frame !) and either:
1) T10 is cheating and using LOD0 models for promotional videos (but this one looks very genuine to me, complete with the occasional clipping)
2) T10 redid LOD1 models to show interiors and more detail (doubtful)
3) T10 really did find a way to use LOD0 models at least during replays (i don't dare with ingame) and at least for the player's car, which is something i have been thinking for a while. With the latest car bowling replays, for example, it was very hard to tell menu models from replay ones.

Shortt Sirket said:
I am actually really glad to see this, but I would still love to able to choose garage cars for the AI.

wouldn't make sense in career, but something tells me we'll be allowed to do that for quick custom races.

jcutner

supersaw said:
I for one would prefer one new realworld track announcement over 50 bullshot autovista pics.

agreed
i'm so worried that this game is going to pale in comparison to shift 2's track selection by a LONG shot

that game spoiled us/me hard.

sneaky77

jcutner said:
agreed
i'm so worried that this game is going to pale in comparison to shift 2's track selection by a LONG shot

that game spoiled us/me hard.

agreed, We all know the game is gonna have the cars, and is cool to see car announcements, but I would like to start seeing track announcements,

Mascot

BADNED said:
Here you go:

http://i55.tinypic.com/28hpzpk.jpg[/IMG ]
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2ahbaxe.jpg[/IMG ][/QUOTE]

Mr NED (or can I call you BAD?) - I thank you, sir. A true gentleman.

shinnn

FM3 vs FM4 again. Interior models comparison. Both from replay.

fiesta04g876.jpg

fiesta03ujuw.jpg

fiesta02k89f.jpg

fiesta01ijhi.jpg

Mascot

shinnn said:

Really pleased to get the fourth difficulty level confirmed to hopefully bridge the chasm between medium and hard.

Also liking the adaptive AI thing in career mode. Hope it works! Imagine if all races with the AI were really close and hard fought, everybody fighting as a pack, with plenty of position changes and aggressive overtakes. Each and every race could be an absolute blast if the AI are perfectly tuned to your own ability. Can't wait to try it out.

This could also hopefully mean that the completely pointless non-competitive stragglers at the back are now a thing of the past.

All of you who sent in your pre-order info should check for your Spirit R tonight. I just booted up the game and got mine. Pretty sweet paint job too.

Ty4on

Mascot said:
Really pleased to get the fourth difficulty level confirmed to hopefully bridge the chasm between medium and hard.

Also liking the adaptive AI thing in career mode. Hope it works! Imagine if all races with the AI were really close and hard fought, everybody fighting as a pack, with plenty of position changes and aggressive overtakes. Each and every race could be an absolute blast if the AI are perfectly tuned to your own ability. Can't wait to try it out.

This could also hopefully mean that the completely pointless non-competitive stragglers at the back are now a thing of the past.
I have started races with a less powerful car just to drive from 8th to 1st and all the time I was thinking "why aren't the races as good as this?". I can choose a slower car in races, but you just don't do that when you want to win races and money.

Ty4on

In the last FM4 Focus/Fiesta photo did they ditch the self shadowing or should that mirror not cast a shadow? Not a big deal, but it looks a little odd.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Shortt Sirket said:
All of you who sent in your pre-order info should check for your Spirit R tonight. I just booted up the game and got mine. Pretty sweet paint job too.
I didn't send mine yet. :-X

Wonder if they will backdate the gifts. :p

lord pie

Ty4on said:
In the last FM4 Focus/Fiesta photo did they ditch the self shadowing or should that mirror not cast a shadow? Not a big deal, but it looks a little odd.

Different sun direction I believe. You can see in the head-on shot.

Xanadu

Banned
shinnn said:
FM3 vs FM4 again. Interior models comparison. Both from replay.

fiesta04g876.jpg

fiesta03ujuw.jpg

fiesta02k89f.jpg

fiesta01ijhi.jpg
so menu models are used for reply now which is great

the only question is is it just your car that uses the high LOD or all of them?

Xanadu

Banned
HawksWinStanley said:
I'm 'mirin the difference in the steering wheels polygon-wise. In FM3 it looks like he's steering with a stop sign.
the whole model is much lower poly, forza 4 will still use the low poly models in race, but at least they use the high poly ones in replay now

shinnn

hmm.. I was looking at the rgt-8 photo, and realized that everyone were using the wrong version of rgt-8 to compare with the spotted "porsche" in the trailer

everyone were using this:

20fpxdh.jpg

but it's a prototype. Look at the front bumper.

compare to FM4

2n04t9f.jpg

the final rgt-8
ruf-rgt-8-geneva-2011-01.jpg

So probably the rear bumper changed in the final version too (can't find a proper photo)

supersaw

Mascot said:

I hope they toned down the AI's homicidal tendencies.

erahk64

AlanzTalon said:
i think you are seeing an artistic choice. they choose a really saturated, high color look for the game. like torch mode on a new LCD, really saturated colors that aren't "real" but for some is more pleasing to look at.

GT5 turned the color down to a flatter look, making it more like a real photo, but not a colorful.

so it may not be a matter of what looks the most "real" in a screenshot but a vibrant color palette as an artistic choice for the game.

The difference in color saturation seems to be pretty small in this Forza 4/GT5 comparison video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2AQ0MTEdiU

mblitek

So I just pre-ordered Forza4 Collector's Edition. Now what do I do to become a Forza VIP or whatever it's called. I put my Xbox Live ID on the receipt now to whom or where do I submit it to?

Thanks!

supersaw

It would be cool to start compiling the list of all the announced cars and associated pictures somewhere on Gaf, maybe on page 1 or new thread.

skyfinch

Photomode better not be like FM3 or details like that carbon fiber (or whatever that material is) will go to waste.

aperman

Neo Member
So I walked onto the stage at my school to pick up some gear (i'm a film student), and i walked into the middle of the debut for Pagani's new US supercar, the Huayra.

There was also a Zonda in a trailer in the parking lot. What do you think the chances of this car being in FM4?

Just for information's sake: I go to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.

front.jpg

back.jpg

zonda.jpg

Top Bottom