• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

brotkasten said:
Nürburgring Nordschleife in Forza Motorsport 4? What a surprise!

You guys are nut. First you guys complain about lack of leak and information. Then you got leaks info and then complain that nothing new when official annoucement come.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
peak at Fuji?

FG_article_8_25.jpg

Forza Garage 8-25

shinnn

WHOA

1994 Nissan 240SX SE
1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2002 Suzuki Liana GLX
2011 Suzuki SX4 Sportback
2009 Honda Fit Sport

edit: No Fujimi Kaido at night =p
edit 2: Liana lol. Great addition to Top Gear challenges

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
shinnn said:
WHOA

1994 Nissan 240SX SE
1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2002 Suzuki Liana GLX
2011 Suzuki SX4 Sportback
2009 Honda Fit Sport

edit: No Fujimi Kaido at night =p
Nice to have the original reasonably priced car.

Slayer-33 said:
My child that price + free 1 day UPS shipping.

And the CR-Z!

I did not know that, swith my pre-order now. Is it release day delivery or am I getting the game a day after. Blah, doesn't matter, I am saving $10.00.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
antiquegamer said:
I did not know that, swith my pre-order now. Is it release day delivery or am I getting the game a day after. Blah, doesn't matter, I am saving $10.00.

I've heard that MS "sometimes" ships early so who knows, it's all good man.

G Rom

At last, JDM fans will finally shut up now that the 240SX is officially in. :lol

Nice that we get the Suzuki, only need the Lacetti to complete the Reasonably Priced Car collection.

Mascot

op_ivy said:
peak at Fuji?

http://download.xbox.com/content/mgs/forza/en-US/forzamain/blog/mainimage/FG_article_8_25.jpg[/IMG ]
[/QUOTE]

Beautiful! Suspension!

Edit: 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R sex wee!

Mascot

What the fuck is this rumour I just started that The Stig himself will be subject to full autovista treatment? Is there any truth in it?

Iknos

amar212 said:
From whar is disclosed, it seems at this point - on paper at least - that FM4 will give one of the best game-structures ever concived in driving genre. Somehow I really wished they'll further ehance everything eith some License system, along the lines of Great Driver Challenge from F355 Challenge game in order to avoid comparasions with GT system.

The License system works very well...if they don't want comparisons to the competition call it a "Driving School" like in RBR.

Night and weather are all parts of racing.

Sometimes I think they are forgetting the whole "Motorsport" aspect of the game.

CrudeDiatribe said:
They have a whole big parking lot with the benchmark ring, why can't they put cone tracks on that?

There should be a course editor for this. They can add painted lines and arrows if cones are too confusing for some people.

The Stig

enzo_gt said:
I DEMAND HD PICTURES OF THE SUZUKI LIANA.

do they have the reasonably priced cars from top gear?

I always thought it was a massive oversight in gran turismo 5 to not have at least one of the cars they used.

Suzuki Liana
Chevrolet (daewoo? i think) Lacetti
Kia Cee'd

all 3 should be available

add to that the fact you couldn't start your laps in the same way they test on top gear and the fact its really damn hard to unlock the track anyway and it was wasted potential.

The Stig said:
do they have the reasonably priced cars from top gear?

I always thought it was a massive oversight in gran turismo 5 to not have at least one of the cars they used.

Suzuki Liana
Chevrolet (daewoo? i think) Lacetti
Kia Cee'd

all 3 should be available

add to that the fact you couldn't start your laps in the same way they test on top gear and the fact its really damn hard to unlock the track anyway and it was wasted potential.

I believe they have them all, and standing starts are generally the case in Forza games.

Iknos

Leveling system makes sense now and it sounds like I'll finally have money to buy cars and upgrade them too.

Was dirt poor in FM3.

ilkercruiser

Neo Member
I highly hope that we will be able to get a Porsche DLC next year. I'll boycott EA Games due to its jealousness of Turn10's popularity and success.

Spasm

DasRaven said:
That is the fastback. The coupe/convertible had a different tail light unit.
Lol, guess I shoulda actually read the garage update. Also, rear wiper.

Hot damn, S13 Fastback is one of my faves.

paskowitz

Since Forza has become more attracting to the sub-sim (kinda like sub-human :p ) crowd more people who played NFS are now playing Forza. Which could also be a part of this situation.

saladine1 said:
In all of this Porsche debacle, I missed out on the announcement of the BMW M635csi.

n9krV.jpg

Another car I can add to the Australian Touring Car Championship series...
I painted this livery on the M3 in F2.
Looked pretty sweet.
It was Tony Longhurst, right?
Seriously need toranas, any word on that Falcon XB?

paskowitz said:
Since Forza has become more attracting to the sub-sim (kinda like sub-human :p ) crowd more people who played NFS are now playing Forza. Which could also be a part of this situation.
Forza is still far from doing NFS numbers, afaik. I don't think beats the main titles.

brotkasten said:
Forza is still far from doing NFS numbers, afaik. I don't think beats the main titles.

I think NFS:HP2 was about 5m last I actually saw numbers. What did Forza 3 do? About 4m or something?

It's not as far off as some think. And GT5 (a racing sim) outsold NFS also. As I mentioned in the other thread, racing sim fans aren't as small as you'd think.

Shaneus

I actually have a feeling that with the relative disappointment of GT5 (and no 6/epilogue or whatever on the horizon) that more people will be inclined to think about getting a 360 and FM4, too. Might not be many, but with zero news of an equivalent racer, there could be a few.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shaneus said:
I have a feeling that with the relative disappointment of GT5 (and no 6/epilogue or whatever on the horizon) that more people will be inclined to think about getting a 360 and FM4.

And deservingly so to T10!

These fuckers need our support, they keep improving the franchise but they need to sell more for all that work IMO.

People that love racing games should recognize the work that these guys have done in a relative short period of time.

I don't want what happened to Bizzare to happen to T10, it was fucking shameless what happened to Bizzare/Psygnosis... I still can't believe that shit man. One of the best developer teams of racing games in videogame history broken the fuck up because of poor sales and other factors.

watership

Shaneus said:
I actually have a feeling that with the relative disappointment of GT5 (and no 6/epilogue or whatever on the horizon) that more people will be inclined to think about getting a 360 and FM4, too. Might not be many, but with zero news of an equivalent racer, there could be a few.

If FM4 delivers a better experience than FM3, it can't help but do better. The exposure will be much higher too with the Top Gear licence and the wow-factor with Auto Vista.

watership said:
If FM4 delivers a better experience than FM3, it can't help but do better. The exposure will be much higher too with the Top Gear licence and the wow-factor with Auto Vista.

And don't forget those car loving dads who bought Kinect for their kids!

I might even pick one up off of Craigslist or something come launch time ... but I'm just not that interested in one for anything else. I'll probably wait for more feedback.

Top Bottom