• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

watership said:
If FM4 delivers a better experience than FM3, it can't help but do better. The exposure will be much higher too with the Top Gear licence and the wow-factor with Auto Vista.

I'm definitely psyched about the Top Gear integration. Now that Season 17 just started here in the States it might result in some impulse buys.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Customization tidbits?!

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4763225.aspx

Just reading the Thrusday Reveal Roundup about the Nissan 2000GT-R when it states this at the end:

"in Forza 4 you can customize the 2000GT-R pretty much any way you’d like—whether it’s dropping in a RB26DETT, converting to AWD, or deleting the front and rear bumpers for a clean race-ready look."

Could this be a clue to customization? Discuss.

WAT.

(I'm organismic right now)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
eek5 said:
we can finally delete bumpers? I've been asking for this for years!

omgomgomg I hope we can paint (decal) over glass.

FUCK ME UP THE ASS BRO.

I hope we can add the R3/2/1 wings/widebody kits to certain cars that are capable of accepting such a livery upgrade.

I am hungry for customization news! LETS GO T10!!!

eek5

next thing you know we'll be able to paint calipers again, have matte/carbon paint options, have different colors for wheels/lips and have a visor area on windshields to paint on! this is too crazy!!1

Slayer-33 said:

FUCK ME UP THE ASS BRO.

I hope we can add the R3/2/1 wings/widebody kits to certain cars that are capable of accepting such a livery upgrade.

5000546295_46e21e6839.jpg

Mascot

Slayer-33 said:
I don't want what happened to Bizzare to happen to T10, it was fucking shameless what happened to Bizzare/Psygnosis... I still can't believe that shit man. One of the best developer teams of racing games in videogame history broken the fuck up because of poor sales and other factors.

By "other factors" I assume you mean selling out to Activision for a quick buck, then losing all creative control as a result, and having to make the games (Bloodstone - the nail in the coffin) you are told to make by your paymaster, even if those games do not represent your key skill set?

It's sad but it's true. The deal with Activision was ALWAYS going to end in tears for Bizarre.
They should have sold to Microsoft.

Xanadu

Banned
Slayer-33 said:

FUCK ME UP THE ASS BRO.

you are a strange boy lol but great news

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
you are a strange boy lol but great news

Dude.

PASSION bro, passion!

You don't know how much I love (well now you do) customizing cars. It's my favorite thing to do in FM.

Anything that expands it makes me happy.

amar212

Activision's acquring of Bizzare was made in order to develop a first multiplatform F1 game after 2000.

It was vaguely confirmed to me back in 2008 on Bizzare forums by one of the BZ guys when i connected the dots and presented the theory in the very moment they disclosed the partnership - remember how Sony's decision to abandon further FOA licensing and Bizzare going Activision was made in close time.

Unfortunatelly for BZ, it seems how Codemasters outbid Activision in negotiations with FOA and secured themselves a license. And from that point on, Bizzare was pretty much screwed. However, their dimise is 100% in Bobby's Bloody Hands. Having developer of such talent locked in doing such mediocre titles was just a white-collar problem of pleasing the shareholders.

I presume that without F1 license in hands any AAA budget could not be given to BZ in order to allow them building a new long-term, serious racing IP. In short, the fall of Bizzare is result of 3 consecutive short-minded mistakes made purely by Activision: failure to secure an F1 license, lack of back-up plan and then unvilling to secure long-term funding for new real IP.

Iknos

MS has blood on their hands too.

They have Gears of War and Halo both our living in harmony. Both haev huge ad campaigns and sell well.

MS could have done the same for PGR and FM. Another place where MS dropped the ball is that these games represent some of the best looking 360 games. They make good pack in games after a year they're released. Family friendly stuff...no blood and gore in them.

These games are no slouches in Live integration. They'd sell Live to new Xbox owners.

Hearing that MS influenced the handling of cars in PGR4 pisses me off. You don't fuck with perfection.

I really wish Sony bought out Bizarre or published a racer from them. The PS3 could have used a solid arcade racer with street cars. Would have been nice to see what BC could have done with a proper wheel.

Ok it's all out I won't speak of this again time to talk Forza 4.

Shaneus

Iknos said:
Hearing that MS influenced the handling of cars in PGR4 pisses me off. You don't fuck with perfection.
They did? How?

Mind you, I love the handling in PGR4 and I'd have to replay 3 to compare, but it sucks that MS *could* have any influence in that.

amar212

Trunchisholm said:
The handling in PGR4 was superb. Much better than in 3. Pure arcade blissfulness.

As a dedicated wheel-player I refuse to agree.

Also, I will go that far and say how PGR4 handling was simplified and made more *scripted* in some peculair way compared to PGR3.

amar212 said:
As a dedicated wheel-player I refuse to agree.

Also, I will go that far and say how PGR4 handling was simplified and made more *scripted* in some peculair way compared to PGR3.

I've never played it on a wheel, so I can't say anything about it. The game was great with a controller, that's all I was saying.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Spasm said:
Good to see the 240 coupe, now show us the fastback! :D

Why complain if you dont even know what the S13 Hatchback looks like?
Thats the hatchback in the pictures....and if you want the coupe weve had it since FM1.
And this is stella news, although i wonder why they chose the US version of the car?

Did anyone actually want the KA in the game?

I just hope we get the Type X wing and silvia front end conversion(haha wishful thinking)

I just want to recreate my old car:
uploadme2.jpg

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Hung out with Dan Greenawalt quite a bit tonight. So good to catch up with him and check out FM4. Game looks jawdropping. Can't wait for October (or maybe sooner for me) ;)

Iknos said:
MS has blood on their hands too.

They have Gears of War and Halo both our living in harmony. Both haev huge ad campaigns and sell well.

MS could have done the same for PGR and FM. Another place where MS dropped the ball is that these games represent some of the best looking 360 games. They make good pack in games after a year they're released. Family friendly stuff...no blood and gore in them.

These games are no slouches in Live integration. They'd sell Live to new Xbox owners.

I really wish Sony bought out Bizarre or published a racer from them. The PS3 could have used a solid arcade racer with street cars. Would have been nice to see what BC could have done with a proper wheel.

Ok it's all out I won't speak of this again time to talk Forza 4.

I just want to chim in a bit on that. People always blame Halo 3 for the poor sale of PGR4 and if I recall reading one article, Microsoft did try to get PGR4 out early so it would not crash with Halo 3 junggernaut.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91545-PGR4-Studio-Became-Disillusioned-With-Microsoft

According to that article, BC refuse and told Microsoft that they will stick to the contract which of course put the game right up next to Halo 3. I do understand BC, that they need the time to polish the game and 6 weeks is a lot for dev to shave off.

As for marketing, well if you have a game for a declining genre, versus Halo, as Microsoft where would you put your marketing dollar? I am not saying they are right and they do the same thing to T10 as far as skimp on thing like export picture and video.

I remember there was several contest and promo for PGR4 especially in Europe and PGR4 community site was awesome (and even have great picture export). They also bundle PGR4 with LIVE gold package.

Anyway, it's too bad and we all know it would end badly when it was announce that they were going to Activision.

chespace said:
Hung out with Dan Greenawalt quite a bit tonight. So good to catch up with him and check out FM4. Game looks jawdropping. Can't wait for October (or maybe sooner for me) ;)
Give us a tidbit of info for old times sake.

saladine1

evil_as_skeletor said:
I painted this livery on the M3 in F2.
Looked pretty sweet.
It was Tony Longhurst, right?
Seriously need toranas, any word on that Falcon XB?
Nah, it was Jim Richards not Longhurst who drove the M635csi.

No news on the XB yet but in due time I guess.

So, are we over the omission of Porsche yet or do we still grieve?

That picture of the 240sx shows some great body roll.

Finally, some customization news. I don't know why you would want to delete bumper bars but hey, that's just me. The deletion of spoilers though, I would like.

acm2000

come on Turn10, give us a shot of the dacia sandero, you know you want too!

and can people PLEASE STFU about body roll now? Turn10 just played their card in that latest screenshot

Zyzyxxz

Slayer-33 said:
And deservingly so to T10!

These fuckers need our support, they keep improving the franchise but they need to sell more for all that work IMO.

People that love racing games should recognize the work that these guys have done in a relative short period of time.

I don't want what happened to Bizzare to happen to T10, it was fucking shameless what happened to Bizzare/Psygnosis... I still can't believe that shit man. One of the best developer teams of racing games in videogame history broken the fuck up because of poor sales and other factors.

Yup I preordered my game today. For the last two iterations of both series I loved both games but GT5 was such a massive disappointment for me.

I've basically given up on the GT series now and Forza 4 keeps looking better to me.

saladine1

The Hakosuka is definitelt my favourite historic Nissan, and with the new lighting engine and customization options, it just looks great on the track and in any photomode homespace.

Does this mean we can add some visible front mount intercoolers and oil coolers?

hyZJH.jpg

The Hakosuka is one of my favourite cars as well. The S20 motor sounds amazing!

guest1321

This thread moves way too quick, and gets me WAY to excited about the game, yet it is still a good ways out. I've been playing PGR4 (first time) and coincidentally subscribed to this thread around the same time. Fantastic way to cope, but I'm concerned it is going to be cut quite short if I don't start pacing myself...
Either way, anyone want to play some online and cope with me?

Shaneus

guest1321 said:
This thread moves way too quick, and gets me WAY to excited about the game, yet it is still a good ways out. I've been playing PGR4 (first time) and coincidentally subscribed to this thread around the same time. Fantastic way to cope, but I'm concerned it is going to be cut quite short if I don't start pacing myself...
Either way, anyone want to play some online and cope with me?
Don't worry about it being cut short. I've finished many seasons, have around 1.8million kudos (that's AFTER buying everything in the PGR shop, including the 1,000,000 avatar) and I still pick it up and play it regularly. It's too much fun not to. I'm still blasting it with cars, but there's no reason why you can't move onto the bikes and do some races in those if you're sick of the cars.

eso76

The Hakosuka is definitelt my favourite historic Nissan, and with the new lighting engine and customization options, it just looks great on the track and in any photomode homespace.

Good find Saladine, i missed this. He specifically talks about new customization options in regards to the way the car looks, this should mean more possibilities for aesthetic customization. Then again we have been expecting "widebody kits" to make it this time :)

From what i can see, I'm liking the color scheme for the new Fujimi kaido. With the new lighting engine drifting in and out the shadows cast from that foliage should look gorgeous.
Do we have to assume that today's track reveal is Fujimi Kaido (would match 'very old friend' hint). I thought they would wait for TGS for that..
Btw, isn't TGS little more than 2 weeks away ? omgomgomg !

I wonder what the hell Clarkson is going to say about this one?

E: awww, should've read the article first.

"AI Cortana will narrate and tell stories about the vehicle's prowess, apparently."

Make it available to play with functioning mounted gun.

New damage model to be unveiled in the next week to complement this announcement too.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
brotkasten said:
I wonder what the hell Clarkson is going to say about this one?

E: awww, should've read the article first.

"AI Cortana will narrate and tell stories about the vehicle's prowess, apparently."
They have Cortana talking about the warthog, not Clarkson.

Pretty cool.

Warthog tires look too matte black, needs a touch of grey on the texture.

Shaneus said:
They did? How?

Mind you, I love the handling in PGR4 and I'd have to replay 3 to compare, but it sucks that MS *could* have any influence in that.
forza 1 demo was more sim then the final release, they changed some tyre grip levels and the brakes, it's true.

saladine1 said:
Nah, it was Jim Richards not Longhurst who drove the M635csi.

No news on the XB yet but in due time I guess.

So, are we over the omission of Porsche yet or do we still grieve?

That picture of the 240sx shows some great body roll.

Finally, some customization news. I don't know why you would want to delete bumper bars but hey, that's just me. The deletion of spoilers though, I would like.
Ah!
That's right, now if only we could paint a JR livery on a gt3....Around the mountain.

G Rom

Guess it doesn't fit within the Forza universe, too bad, I would have enjoyed taking photos in realistic environments. :D

Bigger images :
fm4_2010_amg_warthog_3_wm.png

fm4_2010_amg_warthog_1_wm.png

fm4_2010_amg_warthog_2_wm.png

Top Bottom