• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5: no night, no weather, no storefront, no auction house

Really strange to cut the auction house and store front. It did get a bit messy at times but was always a feature they championed.

All cars in Autovista though? Thats pretty cool.

Mascot

Auction house was always a bit lame, if you ask me. It also ruined the bidding on unicorn cars.

But no storefront is insane. How will people distribute their paints?? The cloud is supposed to imagine what you want?

Ugh.

I'm guessing there will be a new distribution service like Storefront, but not as we know it. More streamlined?

Ty4on

Its weird when a PS3 game looks better than the next gen offerings form both MS and Sony.

What did they think was going to happen?

Did next gen sneak up on these guys?

It's Polyphony digital. Render their graphics engine on a PC and it rivals CG :p

We did see some open world photorealism from The Division though.

Majanew

Banned
Why is it so damn hard for T10 to include night racing? Hire someone that is capable to add something none of you obviously can.

eso76

Man storefront is there...you can search like before, but paintjobs are free (creator gets money according to usage) and eventually the game will learn your tastes. Favourite painter, keywords, if you're into race replicas or anime stuff...game will suggest the best rated ones that suit your tastes, eventually.

It was mentioned we're getting news about open wheels tonight on FM.net

GameSeeker

No night time or weather is disappointing. It seems they are still using pre-baked lighting even with the power of Xbone.

It will be interesting to compare to Driveclub and even GT6 (though that's on PS3).

At least they had excuse with 360 not having enough power, what's the excuse now? Not enough time? If that the case, then they never gonna have enough time for it.

I'm really disappointed in you T10!

joe2187

Banned
header-xboned.png

coldfoot

Banned
LOL, 3 generations and still no night racing or rain :)
P.S. Driveatars also existed in FM1 and did not require the cloud back then.

Vire

Seriously, what's the point of making a sequel if you aren't going to add anything people have been asking for the past 10 years.

Card Boy

Banned
As i said previously fuck up Halo 5 and its all over for MS. The blows keeping on coming when it comes to this console and its games.

Do we know how many cars on track yet?

EDIT: Also it's hilarious that Dan Greenawalt of all people "isn't the best man to ask" about wheel support.

I know we all want to hate this because it's on Xbox One, but the game does all kinds of incredible in motion.

Let's not get hung up on a few negatives. It'll be a solid launch title I'm sure. However, concessions always have to be made to get games to hit launch, and using a big installment in one of your most important franchises might not be worth taking the hit with. It could damage the franchise if they don't get this right.
Delay the game then! Sony and Nintendo delays their games for extra polish. MS seems to be just focused on the bottom line.
To be fair, Forza Horizon was one of the most polished games of this generation.

Seanspeed

Banned
Seriously, what's the point of making a sequel if you aren't going to add anything people have been asking for the past 10 years.
There's some stuff. Open-wheelers and more paint options(both awesome).

But thats not enough. I do give them credit for being straight up about it instead of leading us on like before, but I just get such a Forza 2 vibe from all this. They were probably too eager to have this ready for launch that Turn 10 didn't get to do nearly as much as they wanted.

I'm sure Forza 6 will be sweet, but this will just be a stop-gap til then. Forza 5 will be fun, no doubt, but there will be a lingering sense of disappointment for the next couple years I'm sure.

Autovista for all the cars probably took a lot of time and resources. You know how much time I spent with Autovista in Forza 4? 16 minutes. Out of 200 hours of overall playtime. Sixteen minutes.

God damn it.

I dont know why I'm so upset. I wasn't really planning on getting an Xbox One, but I was maybe thinking that if Forza was mind-blowing enough, I'd cave in at some point down the line. This isn't gonna do that.

Shaneus

They are, but they weren't given five years. I think MS and T10 need to learn that big racing games need more than two years. Incremental upgrades don't work for everything.
But they said this game was 10 years in the making!

The dream is over. No PGR5 and gimped FORZA :(
I'm still somewhat confident about PGR5 ;)

There's some stuff. Open-wheelers and more paint options(both awesome).

But thats not enough. I do give them credit for being straight up about it instead of leading us on like before, but I just get such a Forza 2 vibe from all this. They were probably too eager to have this ready for launch that Turn 10 didn't get to do nearly as much as they wanted.

I'm sure Forza 6 will be sweet, but this will just be a stop-gap til then. Forza 5 will be fun, no doubt but there will be a lingering sense of disappointment for the next couple years I'm sure.

Autovista for all the cars probably took a lot of time and resources. You know how much time I spent with Autovista in Forza 4? 16 minutes. Out of 200 hours of overall playtime. sixteen minutes.

God damn it.

I dont know why I'm so upset. I wasn't really planning on getting an Xbox One, but I was maybe thinking that if Forza was mind-blowing enough, I'd cave in at some point down the line. This isn't gonna do that.
It's because a lot of us thought (not me, though) that they were going to make full use of the tech. Instead, while some features (graphics, Autovista) are getting fleshed out, it comes at the expense of including things people give a shit about that they'd expect from a completely new and improved platform. Are people going to care about tweaked physics if Fanatec wheels aren't compatible?

Forza 1 had a night time speedway ring and the docks at night as well as tokyo night, just bring those back for fecks sake.

Forza 3 was suppose to have rain, never did.

Forza 4 was getting there with time of day and it's new lighting system and sky boxes, they had dawn but not night for some tracks.

Forza 5 rolls back to forza 2 era features, embarrassing.

Aren't clouds made of rain water? How come no weather?

Talk about the cloud is mostly bull shit, you won't get graphics from it but you will get automatic downloaded data for drivatar and car skins.

Nothing graphically will appear from the cloud, all smoke and mirrors.

Seanspeed

Banned
But they said this game was 10 years in the making!
Yea, that one 'behind-the-scenes' video talked about how they could do everything they wanted this time around since their team was so experienced and talented now.

All a load of PR bullshit.

This was a rushed product. It'll be great, it'll still be a must-have, but it wont be the masterpiece that it should be.

The whole thing looks rushed.

I expected it to be Forza 4.5.
Yep. Turn 10 has it in em to do great things, but unless they're holding things extremely close to the chest it'll be Forza 6 before we see the truly amazing stuff.

Forza 5 will be a solid game regardless I'm sure. Even when rushed they at least polish what they DO ship with.

gaming_noob

To be fair, Forza Horizon was one of the most polished games of this generation.

Yes it was extremely polished. But that's besides the point. They should delay a game if they can't fit the content they wanted. I'm sure Forza players can wait another year if it meant more cars, modes, tracks, etc.

Top Bottom