• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Majanew

Banned
I really wish T10 would tone down the dirt build-up on the cars. Not only do they get dirty way too fast, they shouldn't be dirty like that when driving in dry conditions.

Hawk269

I'm not sure about the monetisation part (although it'll always be a suspicion, unfortunately - gamers have long memories) but it speaks volumes that practice sessions have been added without the completely logical, blindingly obvious and surely easy-to-implement qualifying sessions being tacked on at the same time. This tiny detail would have added so, so much for just a tiny bit of thought and a minor bit of work, and it's omission in a racing game is just... odd. It's obvious that Forza Motorsport has no intentions of being a motorsport simulation, and Dan probably curses the name every single day for creating one of gaming's longest-running paradoxes.

Yeah, I don't understand this at all. Qualifying should of been something easy for them being that they added practice. I just don't get it. As I said in a previous post, I get every Forza game day 1 and I really enjoy them, but there is always something "off" with them that grinds at me, even though I play the hell out of them. It usually is the pit stops getting worse with each version, lack of time compression, qualifying etc.

Outrun

In what way was it a shot at Dan? He's the creative director at Turn 10 so (one would assume) has the biggest say regarding content and features in Forza Motorsport. There's little evidence to suggest that he cares about improving motorsport authenticity in FM even when an ideal opportunity presents itself (including practice sessions but excluding qualifying, for example).

Motorsports is such a nebulous term though isn't it? Before we know it we would have friendly debates on the need of competition yellows...

The seemingly simple act of including qualifying would entail longer races, better tyre degradation models, better AI etc...

T10 has probably conducted market research to see the average race time for the masses. Perhaps a full on sim is not for the masses, and therefore not within their scope.

I think that a full on race sim is needed. Whether or not there is a market in the console space is debatable.

Gek54

I really wish T10 would tone down the dirt build-up on the cars. Not only do they get dirty way too fast, they shouldn't be dirty like that when driving in dry conditions.

That isn't mud build up.

I thought they did a decent job.

519.jpg

1109-580x386.jpg

spookytapes

Neo Member
I must say that I'm a little weary of these new boosts and the idea that they might try to monetize with them. I'm a long time Forza player who has logged hundreds of hours on each game since the original. They really lost me with the grindy economy and f2p hooks (the press Y to pay money to level faster prompts on the screen twice at the end of each race were disgraceful) and the comparative lack of content of 5 (first Forza that I didn't buy a deluxe version of or at least the car pass) and now I'm a little bit worried about 6. I did feel like FH2 was a pretty great value, so maybe they've learned. I guess I have to wait and see at this point.

I tried Project Cars and it didn't do much for me. So I guess I'm willing to give 6 a shot but I will wait for more specifics before throwing down my $100.

Fox Mulder

I'm pretty sure this is just me being cynical but the long time fans are going to get the game anyway. They'll make a bit of noise online but in the end they'll still buy the game and play it. Why take the time to add all those "hardcore" features when it'll mostly only serve a small section of the community that is already going to get the game anyway?

this.

it's extremely disappointing to see Forza go for a wider audience while ignoring deeper features or even community things that would be great for the hardcore crowd. I've been playing the franchise since the xbox and bought the xb1 specifically for Forza, so I'll be buying 6 anyways. Why should they care to add features I want.

Anyone know what Dan does then? I always thought FM was his overall responsibility. We know he's not just a PR mouthpiece. He directs the game, right?

I think the 2 of them run the franchise, with Dan being the forward facing one, but if you were to rank them it would be a 1a 1b situation.

gragy10

Raw about the continuing absence of Maple Valley this gen yet still the hype is blossoming. Cautiously optimistic about anti grind concessions in single player. Swear I say this every Forza Gaf thread but the multiplayer with the usual ne'er-do-well's here is priceless :)

Shaneus

In what way was it a shot at Dan? He's the creative director at Turn 10 so (one would assume) has the biggest say regarding content and features in Forza Motorsport. There's little evidence to suggest that he cares about improving motorsport authenticity in FM even when an ideal opportunity presents itself (including practice sessions but excluding qualifying, for example).
So maybe they could just call it F rather than FM? Their marketing campaign could be "Get F'ed".

Noobcraft

Motorcycle-Chariot-Racing-01-600x412.jpg

Motorcycle Chariot Racing, the real motorsport.

Seriously though. Forza is one driveable Warthog away from being the greatest racer of all time.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
I think the 2 of them run the franchise, with Dan being the forward facing one, but if you were to rank them it would be a 1a 1b situation.

Alan Hartman is the studio director while Dan Greenawalt is the creative director. My guess is that Dan is who, as Mascot said, "has the biggest say regarding content and features" and decides the overall direction the franchise goes. Hartman's role as a studio director would be managing the resources and saying what can and can't be done according to time, money and general resources.

To put it in movie terms: Dan is the director while Alan is the producer.

Is it time to start scheduling a Day -1 (Sep 10) meetup?

This is probably zorbs' responsibility, and I fully expect GHG and Mascot to be there so they can show us how the hardcore roll. ;)

Grassy

Who's doing the OT? I guess we need some suggestions for a title.

Forza 6 |OT| We got rain, we got night, still no motorsport in sight...

I feel bad

Alan Hartman is the studio director while Dan Greenawalt is the creative director. My guess is that Dan is who, as Mascot said, "has the biggest say regarding content and features" and decides the overall direction the franchise goes. Hartman's role as a studio director would be managing the resources and saying what can and can't be done according to time, money and general resources.

To put it in movie terms: Dan is the director while Alan is the producer.

Yeah I feel Dan molds it, but Allan could change something if he wanted to because he is higher on the pecking order.

I don't think his twitter handle is due to him being a huge MGS 3 fan.

Who's doing the OT? I guess we need some suggestions for a title.

Forza 6 |OT| We got rain, we got night, still no motorsport in sight...

I feel bad

Forza 6 |OT| Gonna need some Forza Slicks

Geddit? Slicks? Six? No tire branding? Rain? Slicks? Geddit?

saladine1

Forza 6 |OT| No Aussie Cars Allowed. Please Understand

Forza 6 |OT| It Doesn't Rain At Night

Forza 6 |OT| Dan Doesn't Listen. Mascot Dissn'

RawNuts

I find it funny that no one wants to include "Motorsport" in their topic titles, and I don't blame them for it.

Forza 6 |OT| The Dark Knight Returns
Since there hasn't been night racing in Motorsport since the first game
Forza 6 |OT| 3D crowds + 3D puddles = Forza 6

Top Bottom