• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

Klocker

In essence, the more cars you collect, the greater your post-race rewards will be

That's cool but you better give me some custom garage sorting tools this time like you had in fm4 because the garage becomes way too cluttered and unwieldy for my OCD brain

Space_nut

Need gameplay footage of more tracks.

bQRDmJi.gif

EKR9pbw.gif

SVUlaCW.gif

[From IGN's raw gameplay]

If this game has the drone camera mode then it's a wrap lol

willbsn13

That's cool but you better give me some custom garage sorting tools this time like you had in fm4 because the garage becomes way too cluttered and unwieldy for my OCD brain

This. And a garage limit of over 550 cars. There are over 700 cars in the base game, hoping they've upped the garage limit

Hawk269

Has Time of Day been clarified as of yet? Is dynamic weather available on all tracks or is like FM6 where it is static and only on certain tracks?

TheRed

I'm glad they didn't straight up deny VR support. Makes me hopeful for it to get put in even if it's like a year later. It'll be worth it whenever they do it.

I´m extremely happy with everything I´m reading so far! Suzuka, Mapple Valley and Mugello are back, Auction House is back, Porsche from the start, 700 cars, more tracks.

I have high hopes that Forza 7 will up to Forza 4 level (which is my favorite Forza ever)

Really impressed with the lighting, some people are confusing the flat and sometimes subdued lighting as being 'poor" when in fact it's much more realistic.

Azzawon

Digital or physical? :(

I need some help deciding here. One on hand, I love the convenience of digital and the possibility of Play Anywhere. On the other, I love having a collection of games on my shelf and that sweet, sweet, Ultimate Edition steelbook along with a model of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS is really pulling me in.

I do have boxed collectors editions/steelbooks up to FM5. But I went digital after that - FH2, FM6, FH2.

And yesterday pre-ordered FM7 ultimate digital. Forza games are the only games I preorder. And I partly did this one so early to separate new game costs from my Xbox One X purchase. Will likely - against what I would normally do - pre order a few other games before the console launch.

danowat

Banned
Digital or physical? :(

I need some help deciding here. One on hand, I love the convenience of digital and the possibility of Play Anywhere. On the other, I love having a collection of games on my shelf and that sweet, sweet, Ultimate Edition steelbook along with a model of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS is really pulling me in.

You can get physical for £36 at the moment, so.............

There is no way I'd buy the Carlos Fandango version of any Forza title again, I just don't think it's very good value, especially when you factor in the fact that the add on content doesn't take long to get discounted.

Azzawon

You can get physical for £36 at the moment, so.............

There is no way I'd buy the Carlos Fandango version of any Forza title again, I just don't think it's very good value, especially when you factor in the fact that the add on content doesn't take long to get discounted.

Either way it would be the Ultimate Edition because I'm a complete sucker for the extra special edition of anything, especially when Forza is my go-to franchise. I bought FH3 physically and while I love having it on my shelf (along with a 1:43 model of the Lambo Centenario) it was a pain in the ass having to swap discs all the time to play it. First world problems eh. I guess I could just wait until Forza 7 has a massive digital sale much like FH3 is currently, then I'll double-dip.

GHG

Gold Member
These punishments always sound nice until the trolls find a way to use then to their advantage.

Online is a shitshow, but I'll really love being pushed off track and penalized for corner cutting.

Don't worry Fox, ForzaGAF have got you.

We don't take part in any of that heinous activity. It's strictly clean racing only.

Noobcraft

Don't work Fox, ForzaGAF have got you.

We don't take part in any of that heinous activity. It's strictly clean racing only.
I can confirm this. ForzaGAF racing events are among the finest Motorsport events in the history of racing.
At the very least we can promise you'll have fun!

knzCGiA.gif

willbsn13

With the training wheel mod :D

The penalties would mount so quickly the game would probably just end the race altogether.

We would all have like +25mins on our lap times due to penalties

+ Training Wheel Robin, hopefully the return of the Gurkha, VW Camper Van, Morgan 3-Wheeler... we're spoilt for wacky vehicle choice here guys haha

CaVaYeRo

Proper FFB derived from self-aligning torque, FOV options (at the very least on PC), seat position(camera) options

It's all I need to know and I'd be SO there for FM7, even though I felt a little burned by FH3.

When John from Inside Sim Racing says that it feels like Forza 6, that's not a compliment.
There were considerable hopes in the racing community that Turn 10 would get the handling with a wheel and FFB up to standards, but seems to not be the case.
Also the assist options still only have TCS on/off and ABS on/off and no degrees, like even Gran Turismo now has.

My hopes are pretty shattered, FOV options won't make it in either, I can already tell (Mugello finishing straight looks atrocious with the FOV from that video, like it's 10 miles long)
Still gonna try the demo myself that Turn 10 usually puts out before release, but without better FFB and FOV options, I'm not getting this... After I spend about 420€ on Forza this-gen, I refuse to take this same backwards-ass thinkng and fan-request ignoring anymore. [I can't believe that pCARS2 is my last real hope this year]

This, x100.

Anything on FFB and steering? They just needed to rework that to make it decent for wheel users, to make you feel connected to your tyres once again. If not, it will still be a waste of equipment and a game just for controller-users.

I used to have the Fanatec wheel stand (single post) that was quite sturdy, and very easy to manoeuvre. I can vouch for it (though I don't know how price compares...).

Cheers. Had a look around and apparently the Next Level wheel stand is pretty stable but it's a bit more expensive than the other options. I am so bad at making these kinds of decisions :(

LostDonkey

I cant believe its taken this long to get a Motorsport game on PC.

Praise the Lord I can't wait.

Not counting apex ofc.

rjcc

yo -- I have an interview with the team today (at 5pm et). If anyone has any questions they'd like to get answered, drop them in here and I'll try to ask.

I've played the demo here at e3 already and all the previous games, but just let me know what you want to know.

Mascot

yo -- I have an interview with the team today (at 5pm et). If anyone has any questions they'd like to get answered, drop them in here and I'll try to ask.

I've played the demo here at e3 already and all the previous games, but just let me know what you want to know.
Is there a proper race weekend format with practice, qualifying and racing? And if not - why not?

btags

Not a very deep question or anything, but the loading times I have seen from gamersyde vids seem to be much faster (~10 seconds versus ~1 min for previous forza games). Could you ask them if this will carry through to the final game (on both xbox one and xbox one x) and if so what changes did they make to allow for such quick loading compared to previous games?

rjcc

Not a very deep question or anything, but the loading times I have seen from gamersyde vids seem to be much faster (~10 seconds versus ~1 min for previous forza games). Could you ask them if this will carry through to the final game (on both xbox one and xbox one x) and if so what changes did they make to allow for such quick loading compared to previous games?

I'll ask, but the loading times on the version I played at the showcase were very long. That was an obviously very early version running on a dev kit though.

btags

I'll ask, but the loading times on the version I played at the showcase were very long. That was an obviously very early version running on a dev kit though.

Ahh, maybe I was mistaken then. If you have played the demos and the loading times are still long do not bother asking.

Hawk269

A few please:

1.) Are pit stop finally in the game like they were in Forza 1?

2.) Can they elaborate on the time of day and weather? Is it dynamic? Can we have it raining on every Tracker?

3.) Qualyfying...is in or not and if not why?

Hawk269

Can you also ask about that 30% of available resources they had mentioned before. Will they be using it to improve the game like tirs trails in the rain or perhaps more animated things in the enviroments?

Also tell them that we all love the wipers and other things moving around is great bit it needs to be timed down a notch. Wipers don't move like that doing a 100 mph.

Jrs3000

Ask them if the water drops on the hood and sides of the car will streak and move like they do on the windshield when driving. Also, will there be pit crew shown when you stop.

GameSeeker

I had been thinking about buying either Forza 7 or Project Cars 2 for the PC this fall. While Forza 7 looks to be a very good game, the lack of VR support means it's not an option and I'll end up buying Project Cars 2.

Racing games and flight sims are two of the genres that are fantastic in VR. I'm surprised Microsoft is ignoring this space on the PC (and Xbox X for that matter).

Oh well, maybe Forza 8.

Theorry

I had been thinking about buying either Forza 7 or Project Cars 2 for the PC this fall. While Forza 7 looks to be a very good game, the lack of VR support means it's not an option and I'll end up buying Project Cars 2.

Racing games and flight sims are two of the genres that are fantastic in VR. I'm surprised Microsoft is ignoring this space on the PC (and Xbox X for that matter).

Oh well, maybe Forza 8.

I should wait first how PC2 VR will be. Because it has been pretty crap in 1 imo.

Top Bottom