• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

Gek54

Expansion passes are not included in the car pass. That's always been the case and it is clearly stated that the car pass only included DLC car packs. Additionally, bringing Porsche to the game was an expensive and difficult proposition due to Porsche exclusive license deal with EA. Most other racing games never bothered to get them in at all, but "scumbag" Turn 10 managed to. I was thankful for having this option in the game. Much better than no option at all.

The presence of Porsche now is not "good will". The exclusive license deal has expired and now Porsche is like any other manufacturer.

When you tell people prior to release that your game will have Porsche and then for Porsche to not appear until six months later as paid DLC which was not included in the 'gets you everything' Ultimate Edition...AND...REMOVING RUF FROM THE SERIES, its a little slimy.

And RUF wasn't just an attainable alternative, it was the made better and cooler versions of Porsche, pretty much the embodiment of Forza itself. I can't imagine how anyone in their right mind would rather drive the Porsche version over its RUF counterpart. I will still boot up FM5 just to take the Yellow Bird out on the Ring to relive that iconic run.

Turn 10 going out of their way to get the Porsche name wasn't really necessary with RUF around to give us that rear engine fix and for sure someone must have realised that by the time they decided to omit RUF.

They also pulled similar crap with the Ford Focus RS as well. Used the RS to promote FM6 pre-release only to release the RS post carpass expirarion.

So now I guess at every turn we should really be asking what all that they have they told us about Forza 7 that won't really be in the game come launch day.

Gestault

When you tell people prior to release that your game will have Porsche and then for Porsche to not appear until six months later as paid DLC which was not included in the 'gets you everything' Ultimate Edition...AND...REMOVING RUF FROM THE SERIES, its a little slimy.

And RUF wasn't just an attainable alternative, it was the made better and cooler versions of Porsche, pretty much the embodiment of Forza itself. I can't imagine how anyone in their right mind would rather drive the Porsche version over its RUF counterpart. I will still boot up FM5 just to take the Yellow Bird out on the Ring to relive that iconic run.

Turn 10 going out of their way to get the Porsche name wasn't really necessary with RUF around to give us that rear engine fix and for sure someone must have realised that by the time they decided to omit RUF.

They also pulled similar crap with the Ford Focus RS as well. Used the RS to promote FM6 pre-release only to release the RS post carpass expirarion.

So now I guess at every turn we should really be asking what all that they have they told us about Forza 7 that won't really be in the game come launch day.

I follow these games pre-launch pretty regularly: What cars were shown/announced as part of the main game, then weren't in it, and then got pushed out past the Car Pass?

Mascot

I do like how they are now showing some good will by allowing you to earn Porsches in Horizon 3 without having to pay for an expansion.

You are fucking kidding me - I just bought the Porsche pack in FH3 because I thought it was the only way to get Porsches in that game, as per previous FMs.

So what have I bought, and why did MS push this on me?

KdotIX

You are fucking kidding me - I just bought the Porsche pack in FH3 because I thought it was the only way to get Porsches in that game, as per previous FMs.

The Porsche cars you "earn" via Forzathons still require you to have the Porsche DLC pack. I think the DLC pack nets you 4 or so cars then the rest are locked behind Forzathon challenges. However, you still need the DLC pack to actually use the cars you have attained through those challenges.

Edit: The Porsche DLC pack is just an additional Car Pack. There are only 2 expansions for FH3 - Blizzard Mountain and Hotwheels.

I would agree with others here that Forza has some of the slimiest DLC practices in gaming right now. £80 editions that don't include all car packs, cars locked behind a 'VIP' pack that also breaks the game in how much XP it gives you, and paid expansions on top of it.

It should've changed years ago - but somehow it's avoided press scrutiny. Even the 'Platinum Edition' of Forza 6 on sale right now doesn't include all car packs, and it has an RRP over £109.

Caayn

The Porsche cars you "earn" via Forzathons still require you to have the Porsche DLC pack. I think the DLC pack nets you 4 or so cars then the rest are locked behind Forzathon challenges. However, you still need the DLC pack to actually use the cars you have attained through those challenges.

Edit: The Porsche DLC pack is just an additional Car Pack. There are only 2 expansions for FH3 - Blizzard Mountain and Hotwheels.
This is not true. I don't own the Porsche DLC for FH3 and I can freely use the Porsches that I've unlocked through Forzathon.
You've basically bought a "fast pass", like the ones you see in an amusement park, but for the Porsche cars.

Gestault

You're mistaken on this. I don't have the Porsche pack, but all the Forzathon Porsches totally open to use in my game, no weird prompts or anything. The Porsche exclusivity terms are up with EA, so these are just normal prize cars available through Forzathon (previously, they had to make them a separate purchase, presumably as per those terms from EA). The Porsche car pack (the description for which explains this preceisely) is a batch of the new Porsches and one-time redemptions for each so you get them for free in the campaign mode. It's not a separate campaign like in Forza 6.

Mascot, I don't want this to sound more harsh that you deserve, but I feel like you're deserving of a callout on this. You bought something called the "Forza Horizon 3 Porsche Car Pack" (presumably for the equivalent of $2.79 USD). The item description, it totality, is this:

This add-on features 7 new cars for you to collect, race, and customize including the 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4, 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS, 1995 Porsche 911 GT2, 1960 Porsche 718 RS 60, and 1955 Porsche 550A Spyder. Once the pack is purchased, you are granted a one-time only, free addition of each car to your Forza Horizon 3 garage, with no additional in-game credit cost.

What do you think you bought?

Mascot

Mascot, I don't want this to sound more harsh that you deserve, but I feel like you're deserving of a callout on this. You bought something called the "Forza Horizon 3 Porsche Car Pack" (presumably for the equivalent of $2.79 USD). The item description, it totality, is this:

What do you think you bought?

I thought I'd bought a Porsche expansion, based on years of conditioning in previous Forzas. It's my own fault for only skimming the description, so lesson learned there. I'm not too bothered as the pack was only a few quid and FH3 is such brilliantly gorgeous fun, especially at 4k/60.

KdotIX

This is not true. I don't own the Porsche DLC for FH3 and I can freely use the Porsches that I've unlocked through Forzathon.
You've basically bought a "fast pass", like the ones you see in an amusement park, but for the Porsche cars.

You're mistaken on this. I don't have the Porsche pack, but all the Forzathon Porsches totally open to use in my game, no weird prompts or anything. The Porsche exclusivity terms are up with EA, so these are just normal prize cars available through Forzathon (previously, they had to make them a separate purchase, presumably as per those terms from EA). The Porsche car pack (the description for which explains this preceisely) is a batch of the new Porsches and one-time redemptions for each so you get them for free in the campaign mode. It's not a separate campaign like in Forza 6.

Oh shit, consider me mistaken then! I bought that Porsche pack just like Mascot did; thinking that would net me the initial cars in the pack and enable me to use the Forzathon Porsches. So essentially that pack is just for 7 Porsche cars. Fuck me...

Anyway, I'm hoping that now T10 have the license for Porsche cars, that they do away with that. Could they realistically offer any other lucrative manufacturer cars via DLC like they done with Porsche? I think most of them are now in except VW

Gestault

Oh shit, consider me mistaken then! I bought that Porsche pack just like Mascot did; thinking that would net me the initial cars in the pack and enable me to use the Forzathon Porsches. So essentially that pack is just for 7 Porsche cars. Fuck me...

Now AFAIK, Forzathon prizes are the only way to get access to those cars without buying the car pack, so if you wanted them and aren't keeping up on the weeklies, that's still the way to go.

Anyway, I'm hoping that now T10 have the license for Porsche cars, that they do away with that. Could they realistically offer any other lucrative manufacturer cars via DLC like they done with Porsche? I think most of them are now in except VW

Pretty much, so long as the obvious demand is there. The weird hang-up with the Porsche/EA thing was the terms of that agreement technically meant proper exclusivity for videogames (blocking anything not put out by EA). It was only through some clever contracting that Playground/Turn 10 got the expansions for Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6 during that ten-year (?) window. Now that the contract is up, you already see other franchises able to include Porsche again, too.

Gek54

I follow these games pre-launch pretty regularly: What cars were shown/announced as part of the main game, then weren't in it, and then got pushed out past the Car Pass?

Like I said in my post that you quoted, at one point prior to release we were told Porsche would be in FM6, no astrix to be found. The other was the new hyped Ford Focus RS that was used to promote FM6 prior to its release.

August 14th 2015
0cR15jC.jpg

Porsche will also be a part of the upcoming Forza Motorsport 6.
IGN June 8th 2015

Gestault

What's Forzathon?

It's usually the last few days of the week, it's a set of like five community challenges that get you in-game rewards. Something like finishing a championship in a certain class of car or pulling off a series of tricks. I wanna say there's generally a car each week. You don't have to sign up or anything weird, it'll just be on the main pause tab. They'll trigger automatically when you do them.

When you tell people prior to release that your game will have Porsche and then for Porsche to not appear until six months later as paid DLC which was not included in the 'gets you everything' Ultimate Edition...AND...REMOVING RUF FROM THE SERIES, its a little slimy. .

It was pretty darn clear that Porsche was coming later as DLC. Communicated from the start if I recall correctly. If the lack of Porsche and RUF were deal breakers then you shouldn't have bought the game. This was all well known prior to the release of the game. I found the hundreds of other cars pretty great until the Porsch expansion was released. Held me over quite well.

Grassy

Like I said in my post that you quoted, at one point prior to release we were told Porsche would be in FM6, no astrix to be found. The other was the new hyped Ford Focus RS that was used to promote FM6 prior to its release.

August 14th 2015
0cR15jC.jpg

IGN June 8th 2015

That was from the press release for the FH2 Porsche expansion, which read:

The Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Expansion is the result of an agreement between Porsche, EA, and Xbox to bring the Porsche experience to all Xbox One players. In addition to the Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Expansion, this agreement also includes adding Porsche models to Forza Motorsport 6. We will have more details to share in the future on this integration.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/08/...-2-expansion-video/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000015

They never said Porsche would be in Forza 6 from launch, and as far as I know the deal with EA stipulated they had to release the Porsche cars as a separate expansion so EA could get a cut of it.

Fox Mulder

The EA Porsche license didn't end until late 2016, over a year after Forza 6 came out. Turn 10 had to sub license the expansion content from EA. It was never stated they be at launch.

Now Porsche is popping up everywhere. Even completely free in Horizon 3.

The Forzathon Porsches aren't the FH3 Porsche Pack Porsches though, IIRC.

The Porsches they've given for free are far better than the actual car pack.

Mascot

It's usually the last few days of the week, it's a set of like five community challenges that get you in-game rewards. Something like finishing a championship in a certain class of car or pulling off a series of tricks. I wanna say there's generally a car each week. You don't have to sign up or anything weird, it'll just be on the main pause tab. They'll trigger automatically when you do them.

Ah, thanks. Saw a countdown pop-up last night.

Gek54

That was from the press release for the FH2 Porsche expansion, which read:

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/08/...-2-expansion-video/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000015

They never said Porsche would be in Forza 6 from launch, and as far as I know the deal with EA stipulated they had to release the Porsche cars as a separate expansion so EA could get a cut of it.

The problem is that they didnt make that distinction.

Sucks that you can't take anything they say at face value.

Grassy

The problem is that they didnt make that distinction.

Sucks that you can't take anything they say at face value.

They said Porsche was coming to Forza 6 and would provide details on exactly how in the future. If you want to twist that into something it isn't, then that's your problem.

When should we expect any more F7 news ? i wanna get hyped!

I guess maybe around August they'll start doing weekly car/track/feature reveals in the lead-up to launch.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Do we know how many of the 700 cars and 30 tracks comes with the $60 game? I see they have 3 different versions of the game. I'm assuming something is for Ultimate Edition owners, DLC, and so on.

Do we know how many of the 700 cars and 30 tracks comes with the $60 game? I see they have 3 different versions of the game. I'm assuming something is for Ultimate Edition owners, DLC, and so on.

There is a day one car pack not included in the base version. You will have all the tracks and 700ish cars in all versions. Middle version has day one car pack. The ultimate includes hat and the car pass for planned future car packs.

Gamezone

Gold Member
There is a day one car pack not included in the base version. You will have all the tracks and 700ish cars in all versions. Middle version has day one car pack. The ultimate includes hat and the car pass for planned future car packs.

Thanks. Do you know if 700 cars will be available from day one, or will we get cars over time?

willbsn13

Thanks. Do you know if 700 cars will be available from day one, or will we get cars over time?

It'll be 700+ on day one for everybody to use (Standard/Deluxe/Ultimate owners).

By the time all of the car packs/expansions/forzathons are done there'll be around 850-900 cars probably

Grassy

Based on previous games it should be something like:

700 cars in the "base game" with two extra packs day one
+ Day one car pack - 7 cars(included in base game)
+ VIP car pack - 7 cars(for VIP and Ultimate editions)

Then the car pass is an extra 7 cars per month for 6 months.

I'm super hyped for the first mainline Forza on PC. I switched to the PC about 5 years ago, and have been itching for a proper arcade/Sim mix that Forza has.

willbsn13

Would anyone object to me creating a Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion thread?

I know that lots of career preview footage of the full game will go up on the 19th, and the Demo will release on the same day aswell. There was also a bunch of info dropped today in the WiR and we still haven't got an OT name. A thread to discuss all this could be beneficial, right?

Fox Mulder

That underdog achievement. How the fuck could they put that in the game again? Start in 24th and win an online race. The fuck were they thinking? Who liked getting that achievement in FM6? Nonsense. Day 1 still. :)

I never did get the achievement, neither did some good dedicated Forza YouTubers.

It's bullshit and luck.

Mascot

Would anyone object to me creating a Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion thread?

I know that lots of career preview footage of the full game will go up on the 19th, and the Demo will release on the same day aswell. There was also a bunch of info dropped today in the WiR and we still haven't got an OT name. A thread to discuss all this could be beneficial, right?
Go for it.

Top Bottom