• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

LoveCake

Is there any news or ideas on the differences in the Ultimate versions regarding digital v physical?

With Forza Horizon 3 I went digital for the extra cars but then I had to buy the actual little model car (that comes with the physical version) from eBay, both digital/physical are both £79.99.

Rodelero

I've not really played Forza Motorsport since 3 (franchise fatigue). I was wondering if anyone more familiar with recent iterations could tell me whether Turn 10 have made any progress in discouraging dirty racing online? It was my general experience, back with 2 and 3, that people would just barge past you any which way and it frankly killed my enthusiasm for racing online altogether.

LostDonkey

I've not really played Forza Motorsport since 3 (franchise fatigue). I was wondering if anyone more familiar with recent iterations could tell me whether Turn 10 have made any progress in discouraging dirty racing online? It was my general experience, back with 2 and 3, that people would just barge past you any which way and it frankly killed my enthusiasm for racing online altogether.

That's not exclusive to the Forza series unfortunately.

I own A LOT of different racing games across PC, PS4 and Xb1 and unless you arrange it with people you know it's very very rare you get decent clean races anymore.

Gek54

There's something really off about that footage.

To me it's the endless shaking.

Why is it so shaky? It's kinda giving me nausea

Yes, this is going to kill the game for me. I have no idea why they have so much camera shake now, it's not natural. The only thing I can think is they are trying to make it look more dramatic but it's annoying to have the other cars and track bouncing all over the screen.

FM6 had good camera stability:

Hope to god they either fix it or give us a camera shake slider.

I do love the new dash cam though I think it should be even more zoomed in.

Camera shake though, highly annoying.

willbsn13

Yes, this is going to kill the game for me. I have no idea why they have so much camera shake now, it's not natural. The only thing I can think is they are trying to make it look more dramatic but it's annoying to have the other cars and track bouncing all over the screen.

FM6 had good camera stability:

Hope to god they either fix it or give us a camera shake slider.

I do love the new dash cam though I think it should be even more zoomed in.

Camera shake though, highly annoying.

You can turn it off

Sargon

I am new to Forza and am planning to jump into Forza 7, but I am somewhat unfamiliar with the pricing model. Is it typically better value to buy the "7 Car Pass" up front with the Ultimate Edition, or can it be had for cheaper later?

GHG

I am new to Forza and am planning to jump into Forza 7, but I am somewhat unfamiliar with the pricing model. Is it typically better value to buy the "7 Car Pass" up front with the Ultimate Edition, or can it be had for cheaper later?

The car pass is rarely discounted. From my experience I would reccomended just getting the base version and then waiting to see what cars pop up in the car packs because they tend to be padded with a bunch of shite cars to make up the numbers. And I say this as someone who has bought the ultimate edition for the last 3 Forza games.

The whole DLC policy in the Forza series is designed to extract as much money as possible from you. Where ultimate doesn't really mean ultimate (it doesn't include all future DLC) and individual cars are priced unfavourably.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Forza has a mode where others appear as ghosts during races. They also have Leagues, which is a heavily moderated leaderboard series and additionally you can send replays to mods in the Forza forums and those players will be banned fast. For most races it is enough to stay in the back of the field for the first corners, the idiots will take themselfs out.

Mascot

There always seems to be a fair amount of buyer's remorse with Forza season passes. I've been there myself. It's not like the main game is shy of vehicles in the first place.

Bobnob

Yeah lol i just pre ordered the ultimate edition without thinking, but after seeing pcars 2 up there for £79 everything included all future dlcs it makes me slightly pissed knowing that T10 is going to charge me for any future track pack.

I buy the ultimate editions every year. Every year I end up wondering "Why the hell did I buy the ultimate edition?".

KdotIX

I'm in two minds about purchasing the Ultimate edition. With so many racing games coming out this year my wallet will be stretched. Forza 7 is a definate buy, but PCars2 has my interest. I'm on the fence about F1 2017, GT Sport definitely has my interest, however I will only get that if it comes as a bundle with the PS4. I'm also looking at possibly getting a wheel/racing setup. All this time I have been playing on a pad :(

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I buy the ultimate editions every year. Every year I end up wondering "Why the hell did I buy the ultimate edition?".

Same for me. It is worth noting though that the UE offers great value when you look at the individual prices or even compared to the Deluxe Edition. And you got a discount of 25 % for the addon pass in Forza Horizon 3. And if it still is not worth it to you for full price get some Hong Kong gift cards and buy the UE for $80. And play 11 hours earlier because of time zone unlocking.

Given the hours I play the Ultimate Edition of the latest Forza is always the best value game purchase of the year.

Well there's only 3 days difference between that and the others isn't there.

I'll probably swerve it this time around. I'll need the extra days to download the 4K assets :^)

Rodelero

Forza has a mode where others appear as ghosts during races. They also have Leagues, which is a heavily moderated leaderboard series and additionally you can send replays to mods in the Forza forums and those players will be banned fast. For most races it is enough to stay in the back of the field for the first corners, the idiots will take themselfs out.

Thanks for the answer, though it's not a very encouraging one. I can't help but feel, one day, a developer is going to figure out how to moderate races automatically and eradicate the BS which wrecks online racing unless you have the time to find a dedicated group.

Gek54

I bought the ultimate FM6 and then later iirc I figured out that if I had bought all the car packs individually and passed on at least one then I would have saved money over the ultimate edition. Sure enough there were several car packs that had cars that I have never touched. And all the VIP stuff isn't worth it if your friends can't participate.

stn

My question is: are there weather options for every track now? Also, will there be new tracks added? That will get me to purchase day one.

Fox Mulder

That's still very much the case. Online is a shit show and you have to drive accordingly.

Forza 7 will apparently have a penalty system, but it sounds lame. Adding penalty time on a lap or slowing a car down won't deter shit and will be used against people that do want to race clean.

Gek54

They also need to not have that terrible blindspot in the dead center of your screen to let you know some player quit like it's some kind of amber alert.

Just saw thst there is No Grand Tour partnership. Disappointing. Those were the only voices I cared hearing from.

Grassy

I've bought the Ult Edition for H2/FM6/H3 and am trying to avoid it for FM7 but I have a feeling I'll cave cause I'm weak

I've bought every Ultimate Edition Forza Motorsport/Horizon game so far, and before that every car pack for every Forza game, but not this time with 700 cars from the start. I'll just buy one or two monthly car packs if they have enough cars that interest me. They better bring back the Mitsubishi Starion too...

My question is: are there weather options for every track now? Also, will there be new tracks added? That will get me to purchase day one.

I don't think they've confirmed weather for all tracks yet. I wouldn't expect rain/storms on the Dubai or Yas Marina tracks, seeing as it only rains there like ~5 days per year or something. Still, it wouldn't hurt to have dynamic weather on those tracks just for a bit of variety.

Fox Mulder

Just saw thst there is No Grand Tour partnership. Disappointing. Those were the only voices I cared hearing from.

Is Top Gear confirmed?

I don't care about top gear anymore without the trio. The bowling minigame is dated and the track sucks for racing. It's a figure 8 on a runway with cones.

Gek54

Is Top Gear confirmed?

I don't care about top gear anymore without the trio. The bowling minigame is dated and the track sucks for racing. It's a figure 8 on a runway with cones.

Top Gear is a confirmed partner for FM7. Hopefully we get that new Top Gear track that has gravel sections.

Tom Ford from 5th gear will now be on Top Gear Murica, I do like him.

I miss Tiff from Fifth Gear, he was great in that Ferrari game.

Hux1ey

Banned

Pretty sure I read that it's only on tracks that make sense, or some other bullshite excuse.

Top Gear is a confirmed partner for FM7. Hopefully we get that new Top Gear track that has gravel sections.

Tom Ford from 5th gear will now be on Top Gear Murica, I do like him.

I miss Tiff from Fifth Gear, he was great in that Ferrari game.

I miss Tiff from Top Gear lol.

Gek54

That only lasted one season and it is now back to the normal one in a GT86.

Wow, that was the one redeeming aspect of the train wreck that is the new show.

Imagine Joey from Friends in Forza talking about anything. SMH.

Wonder why they are not partnering with The Grand Tour after all their Horizon 3 promotions.

Nah. The follow up season was much improved (no Chris Evans, a lot more Chris Harris). Frankly much prefer 'Joey' to the occasional racism from Clarkson.

Yup hated the first series of New Top Gear, Evans was terrible.

But the second series was really great, and Matt really grew into the role.

Hux1ey

Banned
Yup hated the first series of New Top Gear, Evans was terrible.

But the second series was really great, and Matt really grew into the role.

Matt is still the worst part of the new show IMO, he's getting better i guess.

I just hate how hard they try and copy the previous presenters style, I know this is the writers faults but man when Harris does Clarkson inflections I really cringe, he's brilliant on his own he doesn't need to try and imitate.

Caayn

I've bought the ultimate edition a few times and each time I was left wondering: Why did I buy the ultimate edition?

KdotIX

After watching the last season and Chris Harris On Cars on YouTube, I like that guy, he has a genuine passion for cars and going fast. It would be cool if he was a commentator on Forza 7

Hux1ey

Banned
I've bought the ultimate edition a few times and each time I was left wondering: Why did I buy the ultimate edition?

Yup I bought the ultimate for Horizon 3, the fact we didn't get the expansions AND all the car packs was ridiculous. They know how to milk their fans.

m23

Wonder why they are not partnering with The Grand Tour after all their Horizon 3 promotions.

It's possible they have a multi year partnership with Top Gear.

Azzawon

Is there any news or ideas on the differences in the Ultimate versions regarding digital v physical?

With Forza Horizon 3 I went digital for the extra cars but then I had to buy the actual little model car (that comes with the physical version) from eBay, both digital/physical are both £79.99.

Not sure if you've got a reply yet, but it's the same deal again this year for Forza 7. The physical edition is a steelbook and if you buy from GAME it comes with a model car of the 911 GT2 RS, whereas the digital edition is, y'know, digital (with play anywhere).

I'm buying the physical edition of the UE from the Microsoft Store and I'll get the model car on eBay, because fuck GAME.

Fox Mulder

Yup I bought the ultimate for Horizon 3, the fact we didn't get the expansions AND all the car packs was ridiculous. They know how to milk their fans.

No it wasn't. they specifically stated up front what you get with the ultimate edition.

It's not their fault people don't read.

Gek54

They did talk a lot about Porsche being in FM6 just prior to FM6 release and then decided omit RUF and hold on to any Porsche until after the the Car Pass ran out which came off as a scumbag move.

I do like how they are now showing some good will by allowing you to earn Porsches in Horizon 3 without having to pay for an expansion.

They did talk a lot about Porsche being in FM6 just prior to FM6 release and then decided omit RUF and hold on to any Porsche until after the the Car Pass ran out which came off as a scumbag move.

I do like how they are now showing some good will by allowing you to earn Porsches in Horizon 3 without having to pay for an expansion.

Expansion passes are not included in the car pass. That's always been the case and it is clearly stated that the car pass only included DLC car packs. Additionally, bringing Porsche to the game was an expensive and difficult proposition due to Porsche exclusive license deal with EA. Most other racing games never bothered to get them in at all, but "scumbag" Turn 10 managed to. I was thankful for having this option in the game. Much better than no option at all.

The presence of Porsche now is not "good will". The exclusive license deal has expired and now Porsche is like any other manufacturer.

Top Bottom