• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Four young boys arrested for gang-rape of 8-year-old Liberian refugee girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
pasta4u said:
Seriously they do not belong here , they are not part of this country, kick them out. Its messed up that a little girl is raped and her family then throws her out on the street.

Send them to Canada or something.

We have too many refugees in Canada! Thanks but no thanks, send them to Mexico instead.

Exilexc

Banned
This I think just ruined my day. On one note her parents should burn in hell. And on another note I hope she lives with a better family. And the next note I wish i had about ten minutes in a room with the suspects with a bat. They would learn their lesson. No jail time required.

Talka

I'm just as sad about the four boys as the young girl. The whole situation is fucked up, from start to finish. What have the four kids (and they're just that, kids. Nine year olds and thirteen year olds for Christ's sake) gone through to make them do something like this? They're guilty of some heinous shit, no doubt, but this is as much a failure of society (whether American or Liberian or whatever) as it is anything else.

To any of the crazies in this thread talking about taking a bat to these young boys, Jesus fuck think about what you're saying. These kids (kids, damnit, fucking nine year olds) are fucked up in more ways than any of us could count and they're barely tweens. Their lives have been so incredibly fucked up they're raping girls in closets before their tenth birthday. Don't think this isn't in large part because of the totally unsympathetic and uncaring eye with which they've been raised their whole lives. Yeah, take a bat to them, that'll make everything better.

Atrus said:
Citizenships or Visas should be stripped and these criminals should be dumped into the best available non-governed region. Best bet would be Somalia, where they'd end up on the recieving end of what they dealt out. The families equity should also be liquidated and forcibly distributed to the little girl as compensation and stored in a government trust.

You get amputated if you steal in Somalia. Imagine what they do to you for rape

Femi Babarinde, an African Studies professor from the Thunderbird School of Global Management, said it is normal to feel shame because of a rape in the family in the Liberian culture.

"When you look at the shame culture in African societies it basically means something negative happened and it affects not only that individual [the victim] but the family and extended family," said Babarinde. "They may be reacting to the attention that this will get and the knowledge of this within the community that could be a source of embarrassment."

Babarinde said if CPS decides to give the girl back to the family, her parents will need intensive counselling.

"Part of the counselling will be to have them understand that this is a different setting and a different environment in the United States. Laws are in place and, if things like this happen, it's criminal behavior and one the family will have to understand. It will not go unpunished. And part of the healing process is for the family to rally around the girl herself," said Babarinde.

Source

We should note that the father has been quoted as to wanting his daughter back.

"I need her back, I want her back, and they (Child Protective Services) said I can have her back in three months," he said.

nyong

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
You get amputated if you steal in Somalia. Imagine what they do to you for rape

Flogging?

Theft > Rape

EDIT: Unless you're the one raped of course:

In October, a 13-year-old who said she had been raped was sentenced to death in the southern city of Kismayo after Islamic militants accused her of adultery. She was stoned to death in front of 1,000 spectators.

Dresden

LQX said:
Disgusting and how the 9 and 10 year old even had sex on the brain is beyond me. At that age only my Transformers toys and Nintendo occupied my mind. Don't even think I masturbated at that age. Proof beyond pale society can progress and regress at the same time. Many kids these days (born in the 90's) seems to be cut from a different breed. I think there growing up faster mentality with the internet, glorification rap, etc than other generations born before them but at the same time many seem dumber.

:lol

Because African refugees grew up influenced by the internet and gangsta rap. Sure bro.

bigosc2k

Banned
Wow I come back from my vacation to see this type of news, the parents seriously need to be kicked out of the country, they don't deserve to be in the land of the free!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
The optimist in me hopes that after the last statement by the father, that the family at least realize they were fucking idiots. Whether or not the child should go back to the family is a different matter (I don't think she should) but I at least want these people to understand that in North America, its the person DOING the raping that is in the wrong. That's the first step towards enlightenment not being a fucking idiot.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
terribly tragic news, though to be a bit fair to the parents, them disowning her was probably the best thing they could have done. despite their ridiculous stance on rape, i highly doubt that this family is equipped in the first place to deal with this sort of trauma, emotionally or financially. she'll get much better care under foster parents or as a ward of the state...

saelz8

Dechaios said:
Fucking animals... Is this really just base human instinct? Are we still god damned monkeys?
We never were, but we are primates.

The majority of humans still operate under collectivist lattice culture, and the cultures and socieities that don't can revert back at anytime through war, famine, conflict. (Regression)

Zutroy

I feel bad for the two younger kids as well. There's no way the nine year old knew what he was doing, or that it was wrong. I'd be surprised if he even actually did anything to her. He probably doesn't even know what rape is. Now their lives are ruined as well.

Dresden

The 14 year old probably led them to do it.

But the parents really deserve to be punished. It's attitude like that which makes rape so prevalent in African societies. It lets the rapists get away time and time again, while placing the blame on the victims.

Xenon

Fucking sick. Now we have to start warning our kids to watch out for kids offering candy wtf.

This made think of THAT gif. I don't think Ill ever look at it the same now.

Meus Renaissance said:
We should note that the father has been quoted as to wanting his daughter back.

"I need her back, I want her back, and they (Child Protective Services) said I can have her back in three months," he said.
I do hope that's bullshit and they're not actually considering giving her back to her barbaric family otherwise I'm really going to lose faith in our laws.

Atrus

Gold Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom