• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox orders new 24 pilot (all new characters, titled "24: Legacy")

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm going to assume everyone is evil and he's going to use politics to somehow defeat them all and become King of America. I'm hoping his inevitable wins will be as cathartic as some of Bauer's more extreme responses anyway.

That's what keeping me on DS - Kiefer is charismatic as hell and the little character moments he throws in are great. You don't need extreme responses to make a show, but it kept my interest when the often soapy elements of 24 threatened to take over

tumblr_lvrjunhauO1r7uftro1_500.png

Bring back Michelle too, I don't care how.

strafer

I'm not going to judge the show based on the trailer alone, I'll watch the pilot and if I like what I see I will continue to watch.

bndadm

Oof. I've always thought the format could work without Kiefer if needed. But this story setup is just so rote. There are dozens of thrilling stories that can be told without Middle Eastern terrorists again used as the device. It has a very season 6 vibe to it.

Also yeah, this lead doesn't really have the same spark for me. Think I might have to wait for feedback a few episodes in before I watch.

Harmen

You know what? I am cautiously optimistic about this one.

Every new lead in a Bauerless 24 that isn't Bauer would be awkward to see in a 24 trailer. At least they seem to be going in a different direction, with a young black (inexperienced?) lead, rather than a B-version of Bauer (see the awkwardness of the Lethal Weapon and Rush Hour series). Though I would've liked that "fembauer" from Live Another Day as well, forgot her name. And I simply love the 24 premise and will welcome the return of this format, despite chances being high of it being too much of a rehash plotwise. Also, it contains Tony, the other badass from 24.

Yeah it doesn't look too good but I'll watch it for Almedia. I am still kinda upset that they just didn't do this new series with Yvonne Strahovski's character.

GeeTeeCee

"I'm the only one I can trust."

It's a lot harder to give lines like these a pass when it's not Keifer Sutherland delivering them.

I'm sure I'll end up watching it anyway.

Dalek

Awful music choice for the trailer but I think it looks good. I'm a sucker for this format and I'll watch. I think a fresh start is a good way to go with the series.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Can the OT title please be a black jack / 21 pun that's too clever for me to think of?

Tony? Dammit, now I'll have to give it a try at least. Really hope Keifer returns sometime in the future so we can get closure with his story. His new show where he's the president is awful IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom