• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox orders new 24 pilot (all new characters, titled "24: Legacy")

Status
Not open for further replies.

zma1013

Oh man:

NmbPvK7.png

A hahaha this is great.

sarcastor

We wanted [the star] to be as different from Jack Bauer as possible, whether that’s an African-American or a Latino actor,”

If they want diversity, they should pick a Maori woman. Or a Inuit transgender person.

strafer said:
Woah! He was on 24? :O

He played an American drone operator who gets set-up and framed for attacking Marines in the last season (Live Another Day).

Not that huge a role, but he was there.

Spoiler alert. I'm the mole in season 1 of this show.

Or am I a pawn?

You're the mole...who's also the pawn of another mole.

That was the driving plot point of only like 5 of the 24 seasons!

brau

There is only one Jack Bauer.

giphy.gif

I love 24 and Keifer! i don't know how i feel about this. Probably a good thing.

bndadm

I'm more than fine with this. This show's format and pace are one of a kind and I don't get that kind of rush from anything else.

It just depends on the casting, too many young people will have me tune out, but a healthy mix will be good.

It's not like Kiefer was rearing to come back and they pushed him away.

I always thought they should put a season with a new cast between season 6 and seven, with CTU being shut down. Mostly I wanted more screen time of Powers Boothe with better material.

Tapejara

Going to be weird watching 24 without Kiefer. Didn't know he was on a new show though; will totally check out Designated Survivor.

I hope they bring Yvonne Strahovski back for 24: Legacy.

Nameless

+1 for more Kate Morgan. She would be first choice to reboot the franchise mostly because she's already proven to be fuck awesome. The Legacy title would fit given her link to Bauer, and she's still new enough for it to feel like a fresh start for the series.

Shit, if I had my way it would be Kate, Chase, and Chloe going after Tony or Behrooz, but I understand them wanting to attract more new viewers.

Hopefully they at least take things back to L.A or some place with a simarly warm aesthetic like Texas--plenty of Cartels and Militia groups to do battle with in that neck of the woods.

brau

+1 for more Kate Morgan. She would be first choice to reboot the franchise mostly because she's already proven to be fuck awesome. The Legacy title would fit given her link to Bauer, and she's still new enough for it to feel like a fresh start for the series.

Shit, if I had my way it would be Kate, Chase, and Chloe going after Tony or Behrooz, but I understand them wanting to attract more new viewers.

Hopefully they at least take things back to L.A or some place with a simarly warm aesthetic like Texas--plenty of Cartels and Militia groups to do battle with in that neck of the woods.

After the last season i thought that was the point. To either make a spoof series with her as the lead. Having her do 24 would be weird, but i think i would be ok. I wonder if Keifer will produce this.

++1 She was both hot and awesome, and I thought it was kinda like Bauer imparting some of his skills to her.

Not very interested in another dude because seems like it'll just be Bauer#2?

I guess this is the same thing as 'video games starring female leads don't sell'.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For what is worth, Bauer was a badass, but he was hardly integral to the show's existence.

Saty

Why is a Hispanic actor playing a Caucasian character

I might give this reboot a chance if it'll air in non-busy TV period for me.

++1 She was both hot and awesome, and I thought it was kinda like Bauer imparting some of his skills to her.

Not very interested in another dude because seems like it'll just be Bauer#2?

This could work. Trying to replace Jack Bauer with another guy would go over as badly as that time they tried to replace Jason Bourne.

I just don't even know if I'd watch it though. I've watched 24 since the first season and Sutherland defines that series for me. If it's time to end Jack Bauer, fine, but just let the series go out with dignity instead of trying to reuse the IP.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This just reminds me that they should have just blown up the helicopter at the end of the last miniseries and killed Bauer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom