• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free copy of Deformers for PC / PS4 (PowerUp Rewards Gamestop Account needed)

ChrisDM

I nabbed two PC codes by accident, so if anyone gets an extra PS4 one and wants PC, please PM! :] (sorry mods if this is not allowed?)

NMFried

I hope this doesn't hurt the studio. I was a stan for The Order and I'm sure this game will be fun enough too. Looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks for the heads up. Funnily enough, my rewards card is only active because I recently bought Nier at a Gamestop (first time walking into one in months), and the girl at the register nagged me into reactivating it.

And now it's actually paid off.

I hope this doesn't hurt the studio. I was a stan for The Order and I'm sure this game will be fun enough too. Looking forward to checking it out.

I'm guessing this is their method of seeding the player base, and ensuring servers are active in the launch window. Since Gamestop is also publishing this game, I imagine they're willing to take the hit for the sake of long-term sales. Song of the Deep apparently did well for them, so clearly they're confident in their ability to push IP.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've not followed this game, but redeemed it for PS4. Any idea why it's free?

Presumably to give it a leg-up. The game is being published by GameStop's GameTrust label and has in-app purchases, so if the initial wave of interest results in a consistent playerbase, then it'll be a good move in the long-term.

styl3s

Wonder if you can just make a gamestop account and get it because my subscription with gamestop ended like middle of last year and i was able to get 2 codes with the e-mail linked to my gamestop account.

Gave my buddy the 2nd code. Thanks OP!

CompC

I've not followed this game, but redeemed it for PS4. Any idea why it's free?

The CAG post says that only GameStop employees get the game for free, but the code works for anyone with a PowerUp Rewards account.

1337Sauce

Does anybody know if this is US only? Doesn't seem to be something affiliated with Gamestop / EBGames here in Canada.

If so, does anybody have an extra PC or PS4 code? I would love to play this game and missed the free weekend. :(

JPS Kai

FYI: This was a promotion exclusive to GameStop employees.

The reason they went with a generic website redemption is to test the backend for PowerUp Rewards Elite coupon/reward codes (currently in select test markets).

Top Bottom