• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free-to-Play Shooter Warframe Coming to PS4

Elixist

I'm surprised Smite doesn't try to go for the PS4.

I'm wondering that too, one of the two will probably court them imo, great game that could have a fresh audience without much competition in its genre. ( plus of course the controls seem like they would port over well)

Damn, PS4 is really increasing the roaster of games available at launch, I like that alot, I wanted to try Warframe, I even have a BETA key, didn't get the chance to though, but now that it is coming to the PS4, well things may be different.

Is Digital Extremes working on The Darkness III ?!

I saw this in total biscuits Anti-Used games video.

First thing I though was, that is the kind of PC game that Id wanna play if I built a gaming PC.

Good to know Ill have a PS4 version to play instead.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I read this as shooter wireframe and thought it was that mode from goldeneye.

I would have preferred that:(

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Hopefully it will have a lot more content when it comes out. The PC version is fun but gets old extremely fast.

Spazznid

8953258050_af5555be78_o.png

Awww yiss

Tnetennba

The one level I played of the PC version ended with me being yelled at by Russians and I don't know why. That sure sounds like an experience I'd love to have on a console!

It is neat to see F2P stuff coming to console though. It's always fun to have something new to dip into and try on a whim so I'll be happy to see that roster expanding.

hiryu64

Game could use a lot of work in a lot of areas, but it's open beta, so yeah.

Actually, I wonder how that would work with a PS4 version. Can they even *do* open-beta software on consoles?

Also to anyone asking if it's worth it, I have about 160 hours logged into the game right now. Your mileage may vary, but at the very least it's worth checking out.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Really, that.....doesn't make much sense. I think it is telling that these games are being announced for only PS4, at least at the moment.
Probably has something to do with Sony letting indies self publish and loosening certification restrictions for F2P games while MS seems to be more interested in hand picking games and purchasing exclusivity if the rumors are correct (LoL & Hawken exclusive console ports).

Ryoku

While I'm not against the idea of Planetside 2 going on PS4, how would they manage to make that work?

CPU-wise, it's very intensive. If Phenoms struggle with it, how would eight (seven?) measly Jaguar cores help?

Arklite

I haven't played much of it, but I'd take that Phantasy Star Online comparison very lightly. As they noted, it's more like Mass Effect 3's online co-op but with more of a grind, IMO.

edit: It's also a surprisingly quick PC download for anyone curious.

explodet

One thing Warframe and PSO have in common that I don't think has been mentioned yet: an RNG that absolutely loathes the player.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Warframe is a fun game, I've enjoyed what I played. The prices seemed a bit steep in the cash shop last time I played though. Not sure if they've changed that at all or made it easier to unlock stuff. It's certainly worth dipping into for free though with your friends.

chixdiggit

Pretty fun game but nothing to get too excited about. The UI needs some major work. It's not Blacklight bad but still pretty shitty.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I've been playing this on PC for a while.

I like it, though it's a bit repetitive.

Updated very frequently though with new stuff.

My exact words. It's actually pretty fun on PC.

We need to have Star Conflict on PS4. That is also super fun and I think it's even better than Warframe.

Pretty fun game but nothing to get too excited about. The UI needs some major work. It's not Blacklight bad but still pretty shitty.

I'm also glad we're getting BL Retribution on PS4.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
While I'm not against the idea of Planetside 2 going on PS4, how would they manage to make that work?

CPU-wise, it's very intensive. If Phenoms struggle with it, how would eight (seven?) measly Jaguar cores help?
FWIW, this is what Smedley posted on twitter when asked if the PS4 could handle it:

AnikhoZ.png

Maybe they'll offload some of the CPU tasks to the GPU. They might also be able to squeeze out some better performance from the system cause they won't have to worry about different configurations. Or they could just end up gimping the PS4 version to get it running.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
God is good all time, and all the time God is good. Jesus man I've wanted to play this game since it originated as the original Dark Sector, but I'll be playing this at launch. Man there's just so many damn dames for the PS4, not just in the works but at launch, almost too many!

Where there's smoke there's fire, right?

All these F2P games on the PS4 has to mean free online play for everyone. it doesn't make sense otherwise.
You know, that is such a wonderfully simple insight. I really hope you're right.

And holy shit at this dev's comments on working with Sony. I haven't heard of this game but I love hearing comments like that. God, I fear I'm almost turning into a fanboy with as much positive vibes as I'm having for Kaz and Co. right now.

Chris_C

Dust 514 is rumored to get a port. That and other SOE titles.

On a recent Giant Bomb, Patrick (who went to Eve Fest) mentioned that CCP has no current plans for a PS4 port. They plan on keeping the barrier to entry low and concentrating on the larger installed base of the PS3.

xJavonta

Banned
Is this a plus? I view F2P games pretty much a blight on the gaming community. (with a few exceptions, but most of them are complete garbage)

When is the last time you've played a F2P game? We're not talking flash games or Facebook games, but full blown titles for free with microtransations. A lot of them are actually really good.

Valnen

On a recent Giant Bomb, Patrick (who went to Eve Fest) mentioned that CCP has no current plans for a PS4 port. They plan on keeping the barrier to entry low and concentrating on the larger installed base of the PS3.

Ouch. Early on they said otherwise, that they were planning on expanding it to PS4 later on. That's disappointing to say the least. Guess I'll be uninstalling Dust =/.

Boke1879

Saw a few videos of this on youtube. It looks pretty fun. something you play to kind of unwind with a few friends. Nothing requiring too much thought. I'm really glad Sony is including a headset with each system. it's going to be nice to plays games with friends and know majority of them will use the headset.

Thank goodness this is f2p. if you decide to go deeper into the game you can.

Gbraga

Never played it. Never even heard of it, frankly. worth trying out on PC?

Yeah it's pretty good, some very cool mechanics. They do need to rework the pad controls (at least from when I tried it out with a pad), it was awful.

Top Bottom