• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free-to-Play Shooter Warframe Coming to PS4

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
PS4 announcement trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qGtBr4Dyuos

z8X8xxk.jpg
JMtf9Y5.jpg

uw2UDjK.jpg

Blog post: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/05/press-x-to-ninja-warframe-on-ps4/

i-Lo

One point of complaint (oh I know I'm going to sound superficial) is that the trailer (at least on YT) looked like a highly polished current gen game. Then again, it's f2p.

Perhaps the gameplay may make up for it. I really like the style and the fact that used to the true Dark Sector still gets me to this day.

Edit: The static screens look much better... :S

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Can we discuss the amazing blog post title on the official blog

Press X to Ninja: Warframe on PS4

also interested on fps/resolution
No love for Ninjas Play Free?

lU6pxS5.png

Res is 1080p, nothing on the frame rate yet.

sn00zer

Okay so the start screen is a Heavy Rain joke...amazing
Well, I’m off to play the latest build and get my Ninja on (the start screen on our demo literally says “Press X to Ninja”). I hope you check out our new trailer and stay tuned for more details throughout the summer on Warframe!

Gbraga

Can i get some gaf impressions? I never played this but enjoyed dark sector. How is this?

Pretty good, some nice mechanics that offer significant depth. Very fun to play co-op with friends. Looks great, runs great.

Very grindy though, not as fun as a single player game since it'll take a while before you feel that you're accomplishing something, but still fun, sliding in the air never gets old.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Was a bit on the light side for a PC shooter last time I tried it. I do hear they've been adding stuff regularly. Very, very grindy but that is nothing unusual for current F2P games that are relying on models other than the purely cosmetic approach Valve has taken.

I'd play it if I didn't have a lot of better alternatives.

Can i get some gaf impressions? I never played this but enjoyed dark sector. How is this?

The comparisons to PSO are really valid.
The game is very fluid and fast paced. If you've ever played Gunz the Duel imagine all the movements in that game minus the jank. As in, you got wall runs, knee slides, jumping front flips, falling sword stabs, and tons of movements at your disposal.

You also have a nice (but currently) small array of weapons you can unlock. Most of the weapons use Platinum (in game currency you need real money to buy) to unlock, but a few are buyable with the money you earn normally.

If you aren't willing to spend real money, then you can buy the blueprint for the weapon with game money, but then you have to go out and find the ingredients, and then wait for the weapon to finish, which could take real time days to build.

Instead of classes you have Warframes, each with their own stats and skills. You have stealth based warframes, melee focused, crowd control, support, and so on.

Weapons can have "mods" attached to them which range from elemental damage to faster reloading to more crit chance or high crit damage and so on.

My only one real complaint with the game is the repetitiveness of the missions and the environments you do them in. Most of them are just KILL EVERYTHING IN THIS HERE SHIP or GRAB THIS ITEM, THEN KILL EVERYTHING. Most of the missions take place on enemy starships, but I have played some planetary missions.
The game is only in open beta currently so hopefully once the game fully releases we'll see some more variety in the content.

All in all its a fun game, and its F2P so its a great game to pick up and play in short bursts here and there.

Gbraga

The comparisons to PSO are really valid.
The game is very fluid and fast paced. If you've ever played Gunz the Duel imagine all the movements in that game minus the jank. As in, you got wall runs, knee slides, jumping front flips, falling sword stabs, and tons of movements at your disposal.

You also have a nice (but currently) small array of weapons you can unlock. Most of the weapons use Platinum (in game currency you need real money to buy) to unlock, but a few are buyable with the money you earn normally.

If you aren't willing to spend real money, then you can buy the blueprint for the weapon with game money, but then you have to go out and find the ingredients, and then wait for the weapon to finish, which could take real time days to build.

Instead of classes you have Warframes, each with their own stats and skills. You have stealth based warframes, melee focused, crowd control, support, and so on.

Weapons can have "mods" attached to them which range from elemental damage to faster reloading to more crit chance or high crit damage and so on.

My only one real complaint with the game is the repetitiveness of the missions and the environments you do them in. Most of them are just KILL EVERYTHING IN THIS HERE SHIP or GRAB THIS ITEM, THEN KILL EVERYTHING. Most of the missions take place on enemy starships, but I have played some planetary missions.
The game is only in open beta currently so hopefully once the game fully releases we'll see some more variety in the content.

All in all its a fun game, and its F2P so its a great game to pick up and play in short bursts here and there.
Nothing like K-Style though (so far). It's basic GunZ on crack with powers.

EP8

Neo Member
For anybody who has or are playing this, are there any other modes within the game to play besides co-op?

You can solo if you really want to. It's been a while since I've solo'd anything, but later on it gets pretty damn challenging. Especially with the bullet sponge bosses with insta-refill shields. BUT! Solo is the only way to really experience "stealth".

StiLt

Warthunder is confirmed too.

Also, Planetside 2 has a very good chance of being announced for the PS4, either at E3 or SOE Live.

IGN already confirmed both Planetside 2 and DCUO for PS4. It's on the site and discussed on the Beyond Podcast.

Orayn

IGN already confirmed both Planetside 2 and DCUO for PS4. It's on the site and discussed on the Beyond Podcast.

That post was made mere hours before the announcement. :)

For anybody who has or are playing this, are there any other modes within the game to play besides co-op?

As ArtistDude88 said, you can play solo. There's also very limited PvP in the form of dueling, but more modes may be coming in the future.

Top Bottom