• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fresh from George Broussard's twitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
Genesis Knight said:
So what's the deal? When is news (if any) inbound from PAX?
No news yet. News is meant to be coming from Take-Two's showing, or possibly on Sunday from Gearbox's Q&A.

This is going to be the greatest day in video games history. I don't think I'm going to be able to handle what we all expect to happen.

Are people actually going to play and enjoy DNF or just give it a try out of a sense of obligation? I don't mean to troll, but I just don't feel like Duke Nukem is remotely relevant anymore.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
badcrumble said:
Are people actually going to play and enjoy DNF or just give it a try out of a sense of obligation? I don't mean to troll, but I just don't feel like Duke Nukem is remotely relevant anymore.
It's relevant because it's Duke Nukem. He is eternally relevant.

badcrumble said:
He'll always be relevant. I've never been a huge fan of Duke Nukem, but if DNF is actually going to be released, it will be pretty big.

RedStep

badcrumble said:

We're going to play it purely out of obligation. Let's be honest here, relevancy is far more important that whether it's a... good game. Or any stupid shit like that.

Tain

badcrumble said:

DN3D is (like, today) a very good game. If they were capable of doing that again (even just a similar game with modern visuals), I'd definitely play and enjoy it.

Lord knows what happened in those 12 years, though.

V_Ben

Banned
vdk.jpg

http://twitter.com/mikeyface

It keeps going...

:lol

jett

D-Member
I wonder what the hell happened. Wasn't 3DRealms and Take2 suing and countersuing the hell out of each other?

Philthy said:
im totally preordering this

i dont care if it never ships, at least 20 years from now ill be able to post a picture of the receipt in a thread "yeah, I remember when it was supposed to come out again nearly 20 years later and it still didnt come out".
Ahem

Monroeski said:
I can't watch the stream from here. I'll just assume when GAF melts that the announcement was DNF. :lol

DNF deserves a major GAF megaton meltdown. Hopefully the place goes haywire esp. if it's done or has a close release date - seems like the only fitting thing for a gaming legend like DNF.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Genesis Knight said:
DNF deserves a major GAF megaton meltdown. Hopefully the place goes haywire esp. if it's done or has a close release date - seems like the only fitting thing for a gaming legend like DNF.
I am completely and irrationally getting my hopes up for an "it's on Steam right now!" announcement. :lol

ZeroRay

Monroeski said:
I am completely and irrationally getting my hopes up for an "it's on Steam right now!" announcement. :lol

I'd settle if they just had a demo out that everyone can download right now. :lol

Truant

If it turns out the game is like how GiantBomb described it, where each level is an incarnation of DNF through various stages of development, I will explode.

StuBurns

Banned
Truant said:
If it turns out the game is like how GiantBomb described it, where each level is an incarnation of DNF through various stages of development, I will explode.
I doubt it, the entire game flow leaked last year, and as far as I can tell, Gearbox stuck everything to together for the most part.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Truant said:
That would be one of the most amazing things ever.

LCfiner

I can't believe this is happening. I thought it was all over.

Maybe Duke is just a new character in that Telltale Poker game?

Haha, it's actually going to happen. Insane. Now they better have a set date for this game, or people will think it's going to fall into limbo again.

AndyMoogle said:
Haha, it's actually going to happen. Insane. Now they better have a set date for this game, or people will think it's going to fall into limbo again.

Gearbox > 3D Realms on delivering products.

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

StuBurns

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
3D Realms don't do dates...

Gearbox sure does though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom