• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday is Smash Day. What are your plans?

Plasmid

Gonna get it at midnight Thursday, play for a bit go to class and then drive to Inlaws for early thanksgiving. Thankfully they play smash.

Hopefully my link amiibo comes in.

roknin

Friday morning thru the evening: Work.

Friday after work and the rest of the weekend: I'm going to Settle it an Smash until Monday morning.

The following holiday weekend: Settling even more in Smash.

bumpkin

Working as well (9 to 5'er), but then b-lining to the store right after I get out to pick up the game and all twelve wave 1 Amiibo figures!

Took Friday off to play this!

I'm going to the midnight release at Gamestop (the first one I'll have gone to since the 3DS console launch!)

I'll be buying:

Smash for Wii U
Gamecube Controller Adapter
1 Smash Gamecube Controller
A Samus Amiibo.

Will be driving home and playing it all night long. Will probably just play with the GF over Friday and Saturday, since I'm house-sitting for my folks. However once I get back to my apartment on Sunday I'll probably get 4 friends together and destroy them.

AdanVC

I just bought my first home

I just bought a 65 inch tv for my new home

I have zero furniture in my new home

I will have my 65 inch tv, a Nintendo Wii U and about 10 friends in my furnitureless new home on Friday for a Smash extravaganza

Your very own place and hosting a Smash party is like a dream come true. Congratz!

I'll get a few matches in before I make breakfast Friday morning, then off to work for the day. I'll play some more in the evening with my wife. But, my wife is leaving town Saturday morning early to visit some friends so I'll probably veg out quite a bit on Saturday with some Smash goodness.

Pizza

I'm taking the girlfriend out to a nice lunch while we're in town picking up my bundle, then I'm going home and her and I will probably binge until we crash. Then Saturday is smash party day!

I took the day off work, just because I can. So my plans run something like this:

Wake up at midnight so I can start the download (I will need an alarm because I am old and can't stay up until midnight to save my life). Depending on how long that takes, maybe play a little before going back to bed or not.

Wake up in the morning and unlock stuff until 10:00AM or so, when all the local shops will be open. Head out to scrounge around for a controller adapter and a couple amiibo (one for me -- still haven't decided which -- and a Peach for my wife).

Come home and play until wife gets home from work, then go out to see Mockingjay.

Saturday and Sunday will likely be more Smash interleaved with fixing up the old old house I just moved into.

I'm going to try to stay awake long enough to pick it up at midnight, but I'll probably be asleep by 10. Friday at work is gonna be a nailbiter. The cubicle walls will likely be shrinking all around me as the utter desire to Smash grows and grows within the core of my being. The drive to gamestop and then home against rush hour traffic will serve as the last line of defense between My Body and Being Ready. I'm probably going to do a lot of single player/trying to teach the girlfriend how to Smash before even trying online.

Takuan

Chances are I get it at work, so I won't be playing until after. Between GTA, Pokeyman, and this, I'm not sure if I'll even play it.

I might give it a few runs with IRCgaf.

kewlmyc

I'm taking work off for personal reasons, but once I've handled that, I'll pick up both Smash and Pokemon Dual Pack and play Smash for the rest of the day.

ELAMOR

Mah plans:

-Play 5 minutes.
-Bitch about game on GAF!

ibm9ecyshnrypk0qqo.gif

my plans are: play with my friends all night long, with pizza and beer :D

KevinG

Anyone looking for a preorder of the Gamecube controller combo pack?

I've got an Amazon one that I am needing to cancel soon.

woopWOOP

Gotta wait a week :[

Next friday though, gonna pick up the NGC Smash controller that also releases that day (I think?) from Gamemania, go to class, go home to find Smash WiiU + adapter delivered to my house (hopefully), go play a bit and spend the evening eating sushi with brother, sister, cousins and nieces because we planned that way before the releasedate switcheroo.

My cousin's more Smash crazy than me though, so with a little planning we might be able to get an 5/8-player Smash fest going later that night at my cousin's place :D

3DS version coming first and the Wii U version having no new characters was a really bad move.
They wanted parity.

My main issue is they are advertising Amiibos so much and it seems they can only be used in Smash mode which limits how much you can use them.
I was kind of excited to have a CPU co-op partner. There are other issues though like
the stage builder is limited, new classic looks worse, and other things that made me less excited.

I will still play it and enjoy it, but the game really felt like it got hit by the split development.

Pizza

They wanted parity.

My main issue is they are advertising Amiibos so much and it seems they can only be used in Smash mode which limits how much you can use them.
I was kind of excited to have a CPU co-op partner. There are other issues though like
the stage builder is limited, new classic looks worse, and other things that made me less excited.

I will still play it and enjoy it, but the game really felt like it got hit by the split development.

As far as I know, you *can* have a cpu buddy!! I think they're just focusing on the smash mode uses

Celegus

Already pre-loaded it, but sadly all my friends I used to Smash with don't live anywhere close anymore. So I'll be stuck with single player / online.

I took a vacation day on Friday, but have to do on call activities on Saturday. i did the same thing for the 3DS version, no way I'm missing out on Nintendo Day.

Banzai

Well since im a european peasant ill have to wait another week but i'm going to have 7 friends over on release day. gotta test 8-player smash.

cacildo

Should i buy this game if i have nobody to play local multiplayer with?

I was gonna make a thread about it... but im not very good with making new threads

The thing is: i have no gamer friends, my wife play something here and there, but never cared for smash

And i hear (needs confirmation) that this time all the game modes are too multiplayer focused

I HATE the fact that the "ending" for each character is always a lousy movie showing the said character in battle. Is as bad as the Mario Kart 8 "endings"

One thing i like is the trophies. But i dont know if they alone are enough for a decent single player reward.

Felensis

Banned
...already purchased the game yesterday in the eShop and by now the preload should've been finished. For launch day I have taken half the day off from work so I'm ready to takin' some names and kickin' some ass :p

MBR

Banned
Next friday*

I'll have class until 12:00, so after that I'll go home and play with my brother who probably has picked it up. Then at anywhere from 14-16:00 I'll get a text telling me I have a package to pick up, so I'll jump in the car, break the speedlimit, and be home half an hour later with 4 new GC controllers. Then it's Smashtime the whole weekend.

Forkball

I was gonna make a thread about it... but im not very good with making new threads

The thing is: i have no gamer friends, my wife play something here and there, but never cared for smash

And i hear (needs confirmation) that this time all the game modes are too multiplayer focused

I HATE the fact that the "ending" for each character is always a lousy movie showing the said character in battle. Is as bad as the Mario Kart 8 "endings"

One thing i like is the trophies. But i dont know if they alone are enough for a decent single player reward.
Yes. Smash always has a very content-rich single player mode, and Smash 4 looks to be the best in that regard. There is still online multiplayer. Who needs real friends when you have VIRTUAL friends?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Pick up Smash Bros at Best Buy, get home and play with the kids. When they've had enough and the controllers are put down, I'll shut the U off and play GTA V.

One thing i like is the trophies. But dont know if they alone are enough for a decent single player reward.

It's more just that every mode that was single-player only before can now be played in 2PM Co-op. They're all playable in single player as well though.

I think you'd be able to have a good time with it playing online with us gaffers!

Javier

FLB2kc0.jpg

Basically this. Will be picking it up after work and see how far into the night I last playing.

Me and my friends will be getting together next weekend for local multiplayer.

Top Bottom