• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game is releasing May 26th

Launch Date Announcement trailer.

Gun Media and IllFonic are happy to announce that Friday the 13th: The Game will launch on May 26th, 2017! The game will launch on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam as a digital download for $40USD.

Can't wait, played the beta over Christmas with friends and with randoms and it was a blast, I couldn't stop playing for the entire duration of the beta. I'm loving the clothing customisation and the variety of counselors and Jasons to pick from. The game seems more polished than the beta, but the goofy faces are still there.

Jacqli

Gonna buy day one, I am really looking forward to it. I do like DBD, but they seem different enough to keep me playing both (and some competitors are always welcome).

Cardon

Hoping this turns out good since I have some slight worries about it on the development side. The past footage has looked decent, but it's hard to tell how these things will turn out in the end.

That was always the plan.

Wait it was? I thought it was delayed until now to add SP. I know the disc versions are coming later, but is that with or without SP on the disc now?

In fact here's what they said:

While the addition of Single Player and AI Bots means a bigger game for all, they also mean a delay from a Fall 2016 release window to a new launch window scheduled for Spring 2017.

spannicus

Hoping this turns out good since I have some slight worries about it on the development side. The past footage has looked decent, but it's hard to tell how these things will turn out in the end.

The beta did amazing was one of the most watched and played on streams. The game will do just fine

Beta was fun, but a bit clunky.

This trailer still looked a bit clunky (animation wise), a shame they won't delay it and release September/October. Or even sometime late summer.
It'd probably be a better game, and sell more during that time as well.

spannicus

Beta was fun, but a bit clunky.

This trailer still looked a bit clunky (animation wise), a shame they won't delay it and release September/October. Or even sometime late summer.
It'd probably be a better game, and sell more during that time as well.

Delaying the game for that long would piss off too many folks. People were already giving them a hard time on Twitter for not announcing a release date. Some folks asked for refunds. The Beta had a pretty strong fanbase on Pc so im hoping the full release on both consoles will as well.

dolabla

Any news for people who donated to the Kickstarter for a physical copy/pre-ordered a physical copy on Backerkit? Are they still delayed?

Delaying the game for that long would piss off too many folks. People were already giving them a hard time on Twitter for not announcing a release date. Some folks asked for refunds. The Beta had a pretty strong fanbase on Pc so im hoping the full release on both consoles will as well.

Releasing a halfbaked game will piss off people even more.
The reception for the beta was good, but that's because it was a beta. If it comes slightly better than the beta, then people probably won't be too happy.

They should at least put it in EARLY ACCESS on steam because it is only multiplayer only anyways at launch.

benzopil

The reception for the beta was good, but that's because it was a beta. If it comes slightly better than the beta, then people probably won't be too happy.

They should at least put it in EARLY ACCESS on steam because it is only multiplayer only anyways at launch.

I don't think they planned a SP when they asked for money on Kickstarter. People knew that it's a MP-only title but they decided to add a bonus later.

spannicus

The beta was months ago. How do you know the game is half baked? They already outlined release info. Multiplayer first then Singleplayer. Thats only because some folks asked for it. If you have some info on how the game plays since beta then please inform us all. But saying its half baked is crazy. Looks to me like they added a bunch of stuff and changed wgat the community asked them to to balance things out. If your idea of half baked is clunky then i dont know what to say. To each their own i guess. You want naughty dog animations from a kick starter title huh?

Big Chungus

Yo dawg, we herd you like Friday the 13th so we released the Friday the 13th game on Friday the 13th so you can play Friday the 13th on Friday the 13th!

ffHjr6u.jpg

Has it been confirmed for cross platform play?

Also Adam Sessler is involved with this game right? I enjoyed all of his content and he has shown to be a great person so I plan on supporting this game with my wallet.

I would have sat on it until then. I'm dead serious. It's as absurd as not releasing the Independence Day sequel on the 4th of July.
Yup, especially if it's only launching with multiplayer right now. October is also the months of s p o o k s!

Maybe October will see some DLC.

Madness

The different abilities for the different Jasons are all real cool.

Hopefully Water part VII Jason starts tearing counselors a new one. He was the only one who got destroyed easily because he couldn't sprint and the beta didn't require anyone going in the water where he was dominant.

Loved the beta though. Can't wait to see reviews of the full game.

Endo Punk

What does the sp entail? If it's just the mp game but with bots then meh. Really depends on the sp before I put down money.

glow

Banned
That trailer is so amateur but then again this is an indie multiplayer only game. I had a lot of fun with the beta and love the Friday movies so it should be fun.

Top Bottom