• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game is releasing May 26th

Watching streams of this are killing my productivity at work. I've slept on the game since the initial reveal & beta....and this is just too awesome to watch. Not sure of stream name, but just watched a guy hilariously team kill, then reverse his way out of the camp. Tense as heck, and I was loving every second of it. Pretty excited to wrap my mitts around this game.
I was kinda hoping they would just prevent parties from queueing together, but I figured it was a long shot.
That's the way to do it!

Sephzilla

Ugh, they don't force you to use in-game chat in this game? That's going to make the game a lot less fun on the console side of the world

MrBlonde

I would love to see a Nintendo and Jason X skin, wishful thinking I am sure. I also hope there will be another map or two, like someone said Manhattan would be perfect especially since these 3 are basically the same.

From watching streams I do hope they support the game and fix a few things like the glitchy stuff, more of a penalty for betrayal. A couple other things stood out but cant remember at the moment lol.

Huge horror movie fan and I am looking forward to checking this out.

Wasn't a backer and I'm only going to experience this game through people's streams, but I still think it's kinda shitty streamers got it before backers. I read their explanation and remain unconvinced.

I had a lot of fun playing the beta. I'm watching BikeMan's stream right now. Still looks great...but there still seems to be a ton of issues. I'm going to wait a bit until they sort some more stuff out.

Seems like an Early Access game right now.

Kevin

I wanted this but I feel like the $40 asking price is way to expensive for what is offered. Do look forward to impressions/reviews though.

Ensoul

I wanted this but I feel like the $40 asking price is way to expensive for what is offered. Do look forward to impressions/reviews though.

That is my issue as well. $20.00 i'd be all over this. $40.00 just seems a bit pricey for this game the quite frankly looks fun but doesn't seem all that deep.

A couple friends and I were in if it was $20, but not for $40. It seems like something that will be fun for a weekend and never be touched again.

Unfortunately, there is sort of a Catch 22 with the game.

If you don't want to buy it out of fear that it won't have a community, nobody will be buying it and building that community up. You need to buy it, help foster the community, etc. I know there's an inherent risk in that but at least for me, I love the franchise enough that I am willing to buy it despite knowing the risk. Plus, if the community doesn't build up, there is always the eventual SP update coming.

Palmer_v1

Ok then I don't see a problem. Jason can literally teleport anywhere on the map so knowing where he is currently won't matter.

I played in the beta. The issue is the campers aren't supposed to know for sure what the other campers are doing, unless they're near enough to talk, which Jason can overhear, or they're using Radios that they found.

So if someone gets murdered while carrying the car battery, for example, the counselors might not know that. They're basically at a big information advantage if they can talk without jason being able to hear them.

I played in the beta. The issue is the campers aren't supposed to know for sure what the other campers are doing, unless they're near enough to talk, which Jason can overhear, or they're using Radios that they found.

So if someone gets murdered while carrying the car battery, for example, the counselors might not know that. They're basically at a big information advantage if they can talk without jason being able to hear them.
But that doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Jason has wallhacks and teleportation. There's only 3 ways for a counselor to escape. He doesn't need to eavesdrop on them to know their plans.

The counselors talking to one another changes nothing as well. They still have to find the parts for the boat, car, and telephone and then get those parts to the objectives. Jason just needs to teleport to the objective to fuck up the plan.

But let's say everything goes according to plan with the counselors and they start the boat or car. Jason just needs to get in front of the car to stop it and can chase down the boat and overturn it.

In short, Jason is OP af. Communication isn't that big of an advantage. In fact, I'd say it's the only way to have a chance to win.

Pilgrimzero

Anybody get their Savini Jason skin code yet?

I cant recall if I bought one and now I cant check because the store is gone.

Edit: NM, found the old emails and backerkit info. I didnt get the skin in time, guess I just assumed it would always be available

spannicus

Got the game when it was 30 bucks. 2 copies. Think Singleplayer is the main reason they added the additional 10. Big big fan of the franchise so im showing my support. Shit i spent 100 bucks on whats that game...no mans sky lol. It is what it is.

tav7623

Why can't I preorder this on psn?

They couldn't make it available for pre-order on consoles without delaying the game another month (apparently both Sony & Microsoft have a policy requiring a month prior to launch to get things set up for pre-orders on their digital stores) so they (the game's devs) just said f**k it we won't do pre-orders for consoles so that it can come out on time.

But that doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Jason has wallhacks and teleportation. There's only 3 ways for a counselor to escape. He doesn't need to eavesdrop on them to know their plans.

The counselors talking to one another changes nothing as well. They still have to find the parts for the boat, car, and telephone and then get those parts to the objectives. Jason just needs to teleport to the objective to fuck up the plan.
The counselors being able to freely talk to one another changes everything. Instead of hoping that someone close enough or with a walkie talkie found what you need, you can just broadcast all your findings to everyone in the group. Then when the other person that needs what you have pipes up, then you can easily try to meet up. Instead of calling, and getting no response. Not knowing if anyone else needs it, you carry on, instead of trying to meet with another player. Communication is this is paramount, and too much of it can easily wreck the balance of the game the devs were going for.

Palmer_v1

The counselors being able to freely talk to one another changes everything. Instead of hoping that someone close enough or with a walkie talkie found what you need, you can just broadcast all your findings to everyone in the group. Then when the other person that needs what you have pipes up, then you can easily try to meet up. Instead of calling, and getting no response. Not knowing if anyone else needs it, you carry on, instead of trying to meet with another player. Communication is this is paramount, and too much of it can easily wreck the balance of the game the devs were going for.

I agree. It removes some of the tension as well, since Jason might not know you're nearby unless he overhears you. If he's super OP and winning all the time, that's a different balance issue. No need to ruin the immersion for it.

Top Bottom