• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game is releasing May 26th

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
This beta was easily the most fun multiplayer I've had in a decade. Bump the haters this is going to be quite the ride
tenor.gif

This beta was easily the most fun multiplayer I've had in a decade. Bump the haters this is going to be quite the ride

I completely agree. The game, just like the films, looks rough around the edges but a whole lot of fun. I'll be spending all weekend on this. Is there enough interest here to get a PC group going?

Laieon

Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] It's got a death curse!
Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] Think you're gonna last all summer?
Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] You're all doomed!
Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] Delays upset people. Makes them nuts.
Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] Baltic Avenue

Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] It's got a death curse!
Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] Think you're gonna last all summer?
Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] You're all doomed!
Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] Delays upset people. Makes them nuts.
Friday the 13th: The Game [OT] Baltic Avenue

You gave me the idea of "I know what you played this summer" as a quote. It is in line with the type of horror movie, and it kind of fits ha

Just read this. Actually changed my perspective quite a bit:

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/4235-early-access-to-pressstreamers

The usual "we need money" line that every publisher/developer has been doing since ever. Backers should get the same early access as press/streamers because we fucking made it happen, without our money there wouldn't even BE press/streamers to play the game. He says new audience means potentially new sales, well if that's true, backers should have access so they can stream it as well and play with their friends. I've seen that guy's excuse used for so many years now and all it does is piss off its customer base in the long run. Next time, I won't be backing another project from these guys knowing I'm just there to make their money-hungry dreams happen.

judging by the streams its not going to get reviewed very well simply because they are trying to charge an almost new game price.....but it will be one of those games you play when your drunk and want to have fun with your mates

Hopefully it survives long enough to add more content...the most common complaint is that its not really that deep gameplay wise and is very clunky

not sure if it $40 worth of fun though

So like...this or dead by daylight? If anyone knows.

After watching streams all day yesterday, I say this. Friday has a lot of bugs and presentation issues, but I feel like there are a lot more opportunities for teamwork and emergent gameplay in this game. Dead by Daylight, while having higher production values and less bugs, quickly devolved into people sprinting away to infinite chase positions. So ultimately it depends on what you're looking for. Personally, the license gives this one the edge for me.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
After watching streams all day yesterday, I say this. Friday has a lot of bugs and presentation issues, but I feel like there are a lot more opportunities for teamwork and emergent gameplay in this game. Dead by Daylight, while having higher production values and less bugs, quickly devolved into people sprinting away to infinite chase positions. So ultimately it depends on what you're looking for. Personally, the license gives this one the edge for me.

streamers are using a preview build no idea after the patch tomorrow if it will be as buggy as what is shown in the streams or not

Palmer_v1

Friday (the 13th): The Game |OT| You Got Knocked the FUCK Out!
Friday (the 13th): The Game |OT| It's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do

Really excited for this game, the animations need some work but overall I'm really liking what I see on the twitch streams. Hopefully over the next year or so they can polish this game up and add more content.

Palmer_v1

Does this game allow groups to queue together? Do they do anything to prevent party chat or teamspeak kinda stuff from ruining the immersion?

The usual "we need money" line that every publisher/developer has been doing since ever. Backers should get the same early access as press/streamers because we fucking made it happen, without our money there wouldn't even BE press/streamers to play the game. He says new audience means potentially new sales, well if that's true, backers should have access so they can stream it as well and play with their friends. I've seen that guy's excuse used for so many years now and all it does is piss off its customer base in the long run. Next time, I won't be backing another project from these guys knowing I'm just there to make their money-hungry dreams happen.
So you're ignoring the fact that there's a finite number of press keys they are allowed to have and there's no way to give backers early access?

Pilgrimzero

At first I was upset that some shithead twitchers got early access over backers but then I realized its press keys. Though instead of sending them to video game review sites and magazines etc it's the new era. More kids probably watch these people than read a review.

Top Bottom