• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game is releasing May 26th

Preload has begun. BackerKit users check your digital download codes for your Steam key! I don't believe the DLC codes have been sent yet.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That dynamic hair! That chick has, since her introduction, been preordained to be the character I and my oldest daughter main. She reminds us of Violet from part 5, and we fucking LOVE Vi.

This is getting me through this week. I bought a 1080 like 4 months ago and, since then have picked up a PS4 Pro. I kickstarted this for a PC code and am kind of kicking myself now. Anyone know, are they going to directly kick this to your Steam account somehow, or will I be able to sell the code for a slight discount and use the funds for the PS4 version?

Seems silly, but it just seems like the kind of game I'd like to play on a console. I know these games, new though they are, are usually aimed at a PC community. All this said, this running at 4k on the Pro will make all the difference. The beta looked fucking AMAZING in 4k on PC. Guys, this is really a dream come true for me. All my life I've been waiting for something like this. My kids keep asking if it's out yet, and I've had to keep telling them "Early 2017!".

End of May is a hard sell as "Early 2017". I'm at a fever pitch here. The developers are the only Twitter account I have set up to give me a notification when they post.
Up until today, you could have emailed them and asked them to switch your code to a PS4 code D:

Hexer06

How has this game been shaping up? I like the concept but the beta looked like it ran pretty poorly and had obvious balance issues. Just looked real rough around the edges.

How has this game been shaping up? I like the concept but the beta looked like it ran pretty poorly and had obvious balance issues. Just looked real rough around the edges.

I'd recommend spending an hour or so watching this guys' videos he made of the game over the last few months. The devs have added, changed and removed features from the beta to make it a "beta" game (pun intended). Stuff like hair physics, new Jason abilities, new characters to play as, new Jasons, new weapons, traps, abilities, animations, etc...

ianpm31

Question: Are they going to tweak Jason's teleportation? Just seen a video of him teleporting everywhere with only a 20 sec cool down. Pretty op but I guess it makes sense because he's op in the movies lol

Question: Are they going to tweak Jason's teleportation? Just seen a video of him teleporting everywhere with only a 20 sec cool down. Pretty op but I guess it makes sense because he's op in the movies lol

Different Jasons have different cooldowns, the ones with a -1 to their Morph ability will have a larger cooldown. Jasons with +1 have a shorter cooldown.

JDHarbs

Friday the 13th Game‏Verified account @Friday13thGame 1h1 hour ago

If you are a Kickstarter or Backerkit backer and you got a Steam key; we are sending your pre-load keys now. Console backers, stay tuned.
146 replies 140 retweets 562 likes

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So I emailed the devs earlier today asking about PS4 Pro support, and they just responded and let me know that unfortunately they haven't optimized it for the Pro yet, but "we'll see". A bit unfortunate but I can understand considering they're such a small team. Hopefully it comes post launch.

tav7623

Is there any way to buy this now or are only Kickstarter people able to? I'm looking at the site and don't see anything.

As of right now the only available purchase option is Steam (people who purchased or backed for PC/Steam version can now pre-load the game), but supposedly it will be available for purchase on both PSN & Xbox Live this coming Friday. Down the road they will supposedly be releasing a physical version in stores (people who backed for a physical copy on Kickstarter or through Backerkit will also be receiving them down the road...personally I'm hoping the physical version for backers will start shipping out by early July), but for right now (at launch) it's essentially digital only.

lol god damn this games achievements

Play 1,000 multiplayer matches as Jason
Play 1,000 multiplayer matches as a counselor

30ZRS8n.jpg

i dont think any game in my life has kept my attention for as long as that requires

I'm watching a stream, the new maps seem too small and the both look alike... forest with a lake and a few cabins, doing the same objectives? I can't see the water speed ability for Jason being useful at all.

This game looks insanely janky. Those animations/character movements/environmental interaction are just awful. The part with the girl on the phone at the end of the trailer...

Im a huge Friday fan, so I still think the game seems fun, but Ill probably be waiting to see the single player when it launches before I buy this.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
This game looks insanely janky. Those animations/character movements/environmental interaction are just awful. The part with the girl on the phone at the end of the trailer...

Im a huge Friday fan, so I still think the game seems fun, but Ill probably be waiting to see the single player when it launches before I buy this.
The single player will just be challenge missions where you play as Jason.

And yeah, the animations are pretty janky, but the team is like 12 people so I can't be too critical of them.

Top Bottom