• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Dthomp

Is this game playable at this point, or is still pretty glitchy? I keep wanting to set something up with friends to play this sometime cause I was always interested in the game and have only played it like twice :(

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Is this game playable at this point, or is still pretty glitchy? I keep wanting to set something up with friends to play this sometime cause I was always interested in the game and have only played it like twice :(
The major glitches are things like people intentionally going into areas they shouldn't be. So as long as you're playing with friends that won't abuse things like that, it should be fine for the most part.

It's one of my favorite multiplayer games this gen despite all the issues, I just hate that it won't have crossplay as the devs have said it's not planned :(

Dthomp

The major glitches are things like people intentionally going into areas they shouldn't be. So as long as you're playing with friends that won't abuse things like that, it should be fine for the most part.

It's one of my favorite multiplayer games this gen despite all the issues, I just hate that it won't have crossplay as the devs have said it's not planned :(

I used to watch a few streamers when this was new, and something about the simple premise and fun atmosphere it created was what sold me on it. Just sucks that so many online gamers just want shooters and K/Ds and not interesting experiences like this offers.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I used to watch a few streamers when this was new, and something about the simple premise and fun atmosphere it created was what sold me on it. Just sucks that so many online gamers just want shooters and K/Ds and not interesting experiences like this offers.
It's the only game this gen where I went out of my way to max out my online level. I backed the PS4 version but all my friends play on XB1, so with it being on GWG it'd be great for me to jump in, but not at the cost of all my progress and Savini Jason 😭

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

MiguelItUp

Such a damn fun game. Still so horrible that the court case happened and forced them to hold back on all the content and plans they had for the game's future. There was so much to come. As a Friday the 13th fan it's still so heartbreaking. :(

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Damn this sucks. It's the most fun I had with a multiplayer game all gen long, and even though this was unfortunately inevitable due to the lawsuit, it still sucks to read.

Worst part is, apparently the lawsuit only prevented new takes on Jason and the franchise from being developed, but content based on pre existing F13 work was fair game, hence why NECA will be able to continue putting out Jason figures. No idea how that was missed by either sides lawyer though.

Dthomp

That sucks, loved watching people play this but by the time I got the game it was cheater central and I had nobody I knew to play with.

MiguelItUp

That sucks, loved watching people play this but by the time I got the game it was cheater central and I had nobody I knew to play with.
Yeah, that was actually why I stopped playing initially and then I never picked it back up. There were a TON of hackers and I left the game. So many counselors working with Jason, etc. Basically a bunch of trolls and clowns that ruined the experience for everyone. It was the only issue with the game that I had TBH. I always wanted to go back, but it looked like it never really improved and there were a ton of server issues after their servers were repeatedly slammed by hackers which forced the game to be unplayable. Essentially it was a lot of these people that think Gun and Illfonic "took money and ran." It's really shitty.

I hope we get another F13 game in the future, and a solid one at that. But man, with how toxic that community is, who knows if and when that will ever happen.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It is a shame. The game had a lot of great ideas and could have been something amazing if it wasn't for the rights management issue. So many DLCs had to be cancelled and I don't blame the devs for moving on instead of fixing a game that they can't do much with.

Pilgrimzero

Loved this game when it came out. Played so much of it.

Then people abusing glitches made it unfun. Glitching through a wall so Jason couldn't get them.

But for a couple of awesome months that game was fantastic.

MiguelItUp

Man, Gun and Illfonic really got fucked on the project, and it REALLY sucks because it was great, and had SO much promise. All the planned content, all the support, just thrown to the wind because of the damn court case. Now this is happening? Oof.

I read elsewhere that apparently another game is being talked about with another dev? Maybe that's why they're being asked to delist this? No clue.

Laieon

It sucks that this happened to launch around probably the worst possible time to do anything Friday the 13th related. I liked it a lot more than Dead by Daylight.

I read elsewhere that apparently another game is being talked about with another dev?

That's what Manfredini is saying anyway. I'd personally prefer to see something closer to Until Dawn then yet-another-asymmetrical-horror-game.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

That's what Manfredini is saying anyway. I'd personally prefer to see something closer to Until Dawn then yet-another-asymmetrical-horror-game.

Yup, but still a source nonetheless. Grain of salt until confirmed of course. Honestly, there's still SO MUCH to be explored in the asymm multiplayer realm IMO. But after F13: The Game, I don't see them going down that trail yet again. If they did, I wouldn't mind as long as it's good/great. Hell, honestly I don't really care what genre the game is as long as it's good and fitting.
So if we delete it from our consoles we can't re-download it any more?
That's possible. I'm not sure about the intricacies. I just figured if it's delisted, it's possible that buyers can still access the download as they please, as long as they purchase it before 12/31/23.

Top Bottom