• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

zeemumu

Saw a Reptar but it was damaged. Tried to hide it on the shelf behind some less popular pops so no one would buy it while I checked the other stores but someone found and bought it before I got back to buy it

This is cool.

t3_6dzd63

I had never been to a Dimple record store before last week. Since then, I have gotten chase elliot alderson, chase stimpy, chase dipper pines, and chase demogorgon from them. Place is a fuckin goldmine

I had never been to a Dimple record store before last week. Since then, I have gotten chase elliot alderson, chase stimpy, chase dipper pines, and chase demogorgon from them. Place is a fuckin goldmine

The ones up by Sacramento?

Just far enough from the Bay that I don't want to make a random trip. Smaller chains like that are great for those rare finds. Many people find chases at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond for example.

The ones up by Sacramento?

Just far enough from the Bay that I don't want to make a random trip. Smaller chains like that are great for those rare finds. Many people find chases at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond for example.

yea 2 were roseville and the others were citrus heights

Drayco21

Cant make mind up if I should get standard Ryu & Ken or special attack versions. What do you think guys?

I bought special attack Ryu, and love him- he looks really dynamic and awesome on the shelf, especially hanging out with the also dynamically posed Akuma.

I thought the static posed versions were too much of the boring stock Funko pose to really benefit the characters.

Never got a cancellation e-mail and my order status still says processing. So I may be in the clear, for now.

It's fun to read the Twitter comments when people can't get things.
FWIW, mine is still processing too, hope yours goes through though. They sent links to preorder a September and October restock, but you can't get both in the same order since they have different release dates. They also sent a $10 gift certificate that also can't be used towards the order.

shanafan

Went into Hot Topic today, and they had their Mr. Robot Pops out. A lot of Angela Moss, White Rose and Mr. Robot, but only 1 Elliot. I figured I might as well get him.

YaGaMi

I bought special attack Ryu, and love him- he looks really dynamic and awesome on the shelf, especially hanging out with the also dynamically posed Akuma.

I thought the static posed versions were too much of the boring stock Funko pose to really benefit the characters.

Thanks for the input. Looks like I'll be buying the special edition of both Ryu and Ken. Akuma already ordered :)

Bii

FWIW, mine is still processing too, hope yours goes through though. They sent links to preorder a September and October restock, but you can't get both in the same order since they have different release dates. They also sent a $10 gift certificate that also can't be used towards the order.

Just an update, my order shipped. :D

That Leia one is gonna be so sought after. Whatever store gets that one shared better prepare their butts.

really hope its hot topic, the easiest place to get exclusives. Really hoping to not have to deal with FYE or Target. They are the worst by far for me. I dont live near an FYE and they sell out online of everything in seconds. And Target is completely incompetent at exclusives now. The holo qui gon was a disaster

really hope its hot topic, the easiest place to get exclusives. Really hoping to not have to deal with FYE or Target. They are the worst by far for me. I dont live near an FYE and they sell out online of everything in seconds. And Target is completely incompetent at exclusives now. The holo qui gon was a disaster

Watch it be a Walmart/Walgreens exclusive.

Drayco21

New characters as exclusives is always shit- feel bad for anyone who wants the full Rogue One team on a shelf- its awful in Funko, 3 3/4" and impossible in 6".

zeemumu

There's only one FYE for miles over here and I don't want to deal with the Qui Gon thing again. I'd prefer Hot Topic as well

Do you think D23 is gonna have any exclusives?

Watch it be a Walmart/Walgreens exclusive.

Walgreen is actually stepping their game up. Most recent stuff has had plenty of stock and been sold through their website. Walmart is iffy, I didnt have a problem getting the Rey with speeder pop from them, but I was just awake at the right time.

There's only one FYE for miles over here and I don't want to deal with the Qui Gon thing again. I'd prefer Hot Topic as well

Do you think D23 is gonna have any exclusives?

I think D23 is going to have the first star wars dorbz, which will also be avaialble at disney stores

Zero315

Banned
SDCC Exclusives Wave 2: Scott Pilgrim VS The World

...Fuck right the fuck off Funko. The only one that isn't limited is Nega Scott.

Scott with Sword is limited to 2000 pieces.
Roxy is limited to 2500 pieces.
The Dorbz 3 pack is 500 pieces.
The Ramona Rock Candy is 1250 pieces.

It makes no sense why they keep doing this to Scott Pilgrim.

As much as I like Scott Pilgrim, I can't bring myself to care about its Pops. My wallet is totally cool with that.

So far, two SDCC waves and nothing is a must-have for me yet. It has never been like this.

...Fuck right the fuck off Funko. The only one that isn't limited is Nega Scott.

Scott with Sword is limited to 2000 pieces.
Roxy is limited to 2500 pieces.
The Dorbz 3 pack is 500 pieces.
The Ramona Rock Candy is 1250 pieces.

It makes no sense why they keep doing this to Scott Pilgrim.

Are those the ones that they make people enter a lottery for the glorious opportunity to purchase?

Zero315

Banned
Are those the ones that they make people enter a lottery for the glorious opportunity to purchase?

Kinda, I think it's a lottery to see what time you can access their booth. Then I think once you're in line they give out tickets for the limited pieces or something. It sounded super convoluted.

Kinda, I think it's a lottery to see what time you can access their booth. Then I think once you're in line they give out tickets for the limited pieces or something. It sounded super convoluted.

From what I was reading you have to spin the Wheel of Mayhem to go up the Ladder of Chance. You go past the Mud Hut, through the Rainbow Ring to get to the Golden Monkey, you yank his tail and boom - you have a ticket.

Top Bottom