• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

really lazy stuff in this wave

K4mOshY.jpg

Red She-Hulk is kinda neat but Kotobukiya did it first with their bishoujo line a few years back as an SDCC exclusive.

Drayco21

Went a little nuts today; picked up a Secretary Diana Prince, Hot Topic exclusive Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor for my Mom, and then found a Ciri in person finally so picked up her and Triss for my own collection.

Then I went home and ordered the Doctor Maru from Amazon- kicking myself over it because I ended up really liking the character, and she was exclusive to the stupid collectors box, so I had to pay more than I would ever want to for a Pop. Probably best to pay for it now, instead of hoping it drops a little more only to watch it continue to climb in price in the coming months though.

Man all these exclusives are lame this year. What's going on Funko? That Gwenpool Rock candy looks ugly. How do you mess that up?

I vastly prefer it this way; better to have slight remolds and repaints as the con exclusives, instead of original molds of unique characters. That said, that Rock Candy is straight awful.

Looking at picking up one of the Wonder Woman pops with her in the armor, but concerned that reviews online are saying the paint job is bright red vs. the darker red shown in the ads.

71Kulq3YZ5L._SL256_.jpg

Advertised version on the left, actual version on the right.

The darker red looks way better to me, so I'm not ordering from Amazon on this one. I'll have to see it in person.

They spoiled the legion of collector's pop. Sealed the deal on whether I'm buying it or not that's for sure.

Well last time with the WW box they spoiled one Pop and we ended up with two. Odds are we won't get that twice in a row, though.

I like the Pop, but I do wish they would at least think outside the box some, but I guess they don't want to risk alienating people either.

You'd think that of all the things that could be Funko Pop'd, South Park would be a natural fit, but they just... they just look like shit to me.

You'd think that of all the things that could be Funko Pop'd, South Park would be a natural fit, but they just... they just look like shit to me.

I feel like they make bad choices for what characters to use from the show, which is what leads to that issue.

I have some of the first ones, and Ike / Glasses Cartman / Mysterion look awesome in that style. No one really cares about Crunchberry Butters I would assume?

Do all the kids as a pack, do Terrance and Phillip, do Randy....but don't do the weird things they're doing.

zeemumu

Looks like there was a Barnes and Noble leak on Reddit.

Some notable ones on that list:

Masters of the Universe, Mortal Kombat, Kingdom Hearts wave 2, Hellboy, Marvel vs Capcom, Home Alone, The Grinch, Elf, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

Drayco21

I wish it was the Hot Ryu head on the way better TRU exclusive posed body, instead of lame alternate colors of the boring normal release, especially since Violent Ken is based on the TRU Ken, but whatever, I'll buy it anyway to add a Hot Ryu to the collection

Man, DC and Funko must be in some crazy intimate relationship. They get not only more Pops, but better designs as well. Marvel just gets unmasked variants 😒

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
SDCC wave 5: DC

That blue chrome Batman is badass... Toy Tokyo exclusive though...

Edit: It's weird they're releasing the Joker Batman that got cut from Suicide Squad. I don't think any footage of that made it out.
We hired a concept artist that worked on Suicide Squad, I should ask him if he ever saw designs for that Joker/Batman thing.

Drayco21

Man, DC and Funko must be in some crazy intimate relationship. They get not only more Pops, but better designs as well. Marvel just gets unmasked variants 😒

I'm kinda glad; I already spend too much money on Marvel figures, so if the Pops were better, that'd be another line I'd have to be a completionist about. Instead I can ignore them and collect Marvel Legends instead.

DC figures all kinda suck tho, so I can feel okay about making my DC collection all Funko Pops.

Zero315

Banned

DC gets more Pops, but unless you LOVE Batman/Batverse it's not that great. I swear like 80% of the DC Pops are Batman or Batman related. Like 75% of this wave is Batman stuff.

DeathPeak

DC gets more Pops, but unless you LOVE Batman/Batverse it's not that great. I swear like 80% of the DC Pops are Batman or Batman related. Like 75% of this wave is Batman stuff.

Isn't it because Batman was their first pop along with Batgirl and Green Lantern? I vaguely remember DC being Funko's answer to the Marvel Mighty Muggs.

Zero315

Banned
What's this?

Honestly, no one really knows. It's assumed to be something that was cut out of the film because this Hot Toys figure was at comic con last year before the movie came out:

I think after everyone freaked out about it Hot Toys claimed it was just something they thought up and wasn't from the movie, but this Pop existing very much contradicts that.

Isn't it because Batman was their first pop along with Batgirl and Green Lantern? I vaguely remember DC being Funko's answer to the Marvel Mighty Muggs.

I think Batman might have been one of the first. But the Bat stuff seems to do really well for them, so I understand why they lean on it so much, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it... lol.

I'm still waiting for them to do the other color lanterns, there's so much potential there.

Top Bottom