• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furious Foodies Call Brooklyn Pizza Festival The 'Fyre Festival' Of NYC Food Events

Koomaster

21430552_992738154270_5004130556004658974_n.jpg
Someone should go to jail for this.

I'm trying to picture what I'd want/expect out of an event like this for $75. I guess if it was a bunch of local places with all you can eat small slices with a bunch of variety and crazy types it could be fun. Still overpriced but it could be fun for the sampling of crazy slices and finding new favorite places.

But even then I'd have a tough time agreeing to going to something like I described above for more than $25 (and even then I'd only go if friends wanted to go or something).

I do hope these failures keep happening because I love seeing how they turn out.

norm9

I'm trying to picture what I'd want/expect out of an event like this for $75. I guess if it was a bunch of local places with all you can eat small slices with a bunch of variety and crazy types it could be fun. Still overpriced but it could be fun for the sampling of crazy slices and finding new favorite places.

But even then I'd have a tough time agreeing to going to something like I described above for more than $25 (and even then I'd only go if friends wanted to go or something).

I do hope these failures keep happening because I love seeing how they turn out.

All I can drink wine(or liquor/beer), and I don't even like wine. Get me blotto, and I'd probably forget to eat at a sad ass festival like this.

Kyzer

Banned
Tourists and transplants spending $75 to eat pizza in fucking Brooklyn, of all places

My body can't produce enough laughter

Have you never been to a pizza event? Theyre usually badass and full of alcohol and a bunch of artisan pizza makers showing off their best stuff.

The fact that youve never heard of this is probably funnier than the idea of a tourist wanting to attend one

Bossun

Have you never been to a pizza event? Theyre usually badass and full of alcohol and a bunch of artisan pizza makers showing off their best stuff.

The fact that youve never heard of this is probably funnier than the idea of a tourist wanting to attend one

Yeah but 75$!!! Even in France where food is more expensive you can get 5 pizzas and probably 5 bottle of wine with that kind of money!

That price is just crazy...

Dumb people getting scammed out of their money. There is just too many things wrong with this at fiest glance but your $75 is better without you if you're doped into a fucking pizza festival in Brooklyn.

If it helps, $75 was for VIP access, regular was like $50. Personally I'd be okay with $35-40 if it was really a good event filled with tons of variety.

Davidion

He said $75 for a pizza event, in Brooklyn.

When it comes to NYC food events, even the bougie shit don't start at $75 base, nevermind pizza, in Brooklyn.

Edit: saw that regular was $50. Still, jebus. $50 is wine snob territory

I want to see the promotional material for this event. How the hell could they make people pay $75 to attend a food festival? It's understandable why people paid to attend Fyre Fest but for a food fest? Did they promised celebrity chefs or something?

MarionCB

21430552_992738154270_5004130556004658974_n.jpg

The sheer disappointment that emanates from this image will never not make me chuckle.

I really don't understand why anyone would go to this. Just go to a good local pizza restaurant and get whatever you want. Hell, go on a pizza crawl if you want variety or get them delivered wherever. Spending $150 for two people for pizza in a parking lot is craziness even if it wasn't such a scam and they actually had pizza.

I love food festivals, but I have no idea why anyone would ever spend 75 on a pizza festival. Even if I went to the most expensive Neapolitan pizza place I could fine, I'd still be stuffed without paying more than 15 bucks.

smurfx

get some go again
aren't new yorkers always claiming their pizza is better than anything else? if anything those people paid too little!

Xe4

Banned
I honestly don't get why people go to these things(legit ones). Endless mobs of people. I don't need to eat dinner or drink beer in the center of a rock concert crowd.
That's like asking why people go to film festivals or comic con or E3.

It's overpriced as fuck, but what it offers is really good, and you're super passionate so it's worth the cost.

Legit festivals that is.

zeioIIDX

Chicago won.

+1

But honestly, looking at those pics of the DJ attempting to "get the party started" and seeing the bummed out, disappointed look on everyone's faces...oh man. Shit like this makes me embarrassed for them kinda like that Halo "tournament" with some lonely deflated balloons out front, the empty Dashcon ball pit, Fyre Festival, and the Ouya stand at E3.

Edit:

This will forever make me laugh out loud, no matter how many times I see it.

Top Bottom