• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Love the discussions in here, they're making me look way more normal :>

Just kidding, I've got no issues with anthro art :3

cajunator

Banned
Too human (basically ears and big fluffy tail stuck on human. "Subtle" snout and giant eyes not selling it for me):
patricia___fursona_by_saruke-d3eqw0h.jpg

THe poor creature is a Philadelphia Eagles fan. That's just cruel.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's the part of "lying to themselves" I'm finding rude, not your dislike for them.

Personally I don't find your musclefur interests appealing in any way, they're too "Rob liefeld" for me to take serious at all.

Does that mean I think you're lying about your interest? Of course not, you just have a very unique interest I can't relate to.

When you say people who like "kemonomimis" are lying to themselves and should either go human or furry, you're not talking about your personal interest, you're esentially telling people their "interest" is factually wrong.

Like I said, ignore what I said. Just keep them kemonomimis out of me.

Also you'll be surprised how even muscle artists don't like/loathe Liefeld. Form and definition count, something that Liefeld lacks.

It's not like you go around bragging you were into giant robots before they were popular or anything.

Damn right I am!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
That catgirl thing up there is creepy.

Also, this thread is now longer than the Furry thread I made months ago. Woo!

Uchip

Banned
CHEEZMO™;33336977 said:
That catgirl thing up there is creepy.

Also, this thread is now longer than the Furry thread I made months ago. Woo!

cats work better than any other kind
TrDmb.png

I think the type of furry I have issue with is the selfish type or the type that lacks social graces and general hygiene. My friend runs a comic company who prints primarily furry comics and she has to generally deal with those types at the cons she visits.

Otherwise, I have no issue with furries, or the artwork if it's well drawn.

Prax

she still looks more doable than the other ones he posted
It isn't about being "doable" for me though so.. that's not my criteria for judging of I think the furry art looks right to me.
I am with Ookami-kun on general dislike of kemonomimis in style. Pasted-on ears and tail look like copouts to me. >_> //elitism

cats work better than any other kind
TrDmb.png
Ear placement too human. XD I don't really like ears low on the head like that. Looks dorky/drawfy. Not something I'd favoruite anyway.

CHEEZMO™;33337282 said:
I dunno, cats can be too easily made to look "off". At least to me anyway.

Canid stuff is what I prefer.
Canines are very easy to make look off too. A lot of animals are!
I think cats just happen to have fairly short muzzles anyway, so it's easier for people to draw them/mix in human features. But more often than not, peopel are just lazy and use cats because it's easy to get away with not hae to draw an actual muzzle to make it look "catty"

I really like this;

YEeXw.jpg
Too fluffy. This is actally one of the styles I dislike. It's like... half trying to be realistic with the fur, but then it's so off because it's just poofing everything up. Meehhhh..

Beh. NO! Uncanny ugly!

Uchip

Banned
It isn't about being "doable" for me though so.. that's not my criteria for judging of I think the furry art looks right to me.

I was joking
I just like cute character design, and if it looks like they cant even form a consonant then its not cute.

of course im just talking about one off pieces
your preference works for videogames and cartoons

I am with Ookami-kun on general dislike of kemonomimis in style. Pasted-on ears and tail look like copouts to me. >_> //elitism

I already explained why its done though and certain characters benefit from it more than others
hell ill agree that its also way overdone and a cheap way to attempt to make a character cute

Looks dorky/drawfy.

i dont see the problem when the cutest/funniest comic book character is dorky as hell

Acerac

Banned
Since a bit of art is being shared... why not?
http://i.imgur.com/lCfhG.jpg[IMG]
Found it rather nice AND it's perfect for the season![/QUOTE]

Zen art is so good!
[IMG]http://d.facdn.net/art/zen/1298767204.zen_eyeofthetiger_sample.jpg

Image replaced with something a bit more punny. He's a great artist, just has a tendency to draw more explicit images. I don't feel that detracts from the overall quality of his work, however.

Lucario

Oh, bulging cat penis. How nice to meet you.

Dear FurryGAF: Please stop confusing me. I have a hard enough time with my sexuality already.

Warmest Regards

~Lucario

PS: You'd think the nutsack would give under spandex at all. NUTSACK OF STEEEEELL.

Boss Doggie

Why are we dumping images?

Also there's something about a lot of Western furry artstyle that doesn't click to me.

Here's a sample of a kemono artist

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
No, I think the tape is being pressed into the creases so it looks like it's going in.

Nah, check the head, it's clearly bandages!

edit: hell even if it's tape, it's just stupid. >:/

Nah, check the head, it's clearly bandages!

edit: hell even if it's tape, it's just stupid. >:/

The muscles are the whole point of the picture man! How can Ookami enjoy his delicious muscles when such insignificant details like realistic bandages get in the way?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's rather amazing they all have a level of muscle definition showing through fur that humans have to roid up, dehydrate, lose nearly all fat, oil up, and flex to show.

Boss Doggie

How on earth do those bandages work? They are disappearing into his manly muscle cracks. That's just stupid :(

Those are animu bandages! That's how it always works!

It's rather amazing they all have a level of muscle definition showing through fur that humans have to roid up, dehydrate, lose nearly all fat, oil up, and flex to show.

Don't look at me, look at Japan! Somehow when manliness was lost in anime the kemono people managed to absorb them.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
It's rather amazing they all have a level of muscle definition showing through fur that humans have to roid up, dehydrate, oil up, and flex to show.
IKR?

Totally unrealistic. Ruins the immersion and realism.

Edit: Ookami's tag is flawless in this thread.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ear placement too human. XD I don't really like ears low on the head like that. Looks dorky/drawfy. Not something I'd favoruite anyway.
To be needlessly pedantic again here(it's fun!), placement of the ear canals is more important than the ears themselves. Skulls made for large brains tend to limit upward options.

Top Bottom