• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
1315354324.half.miko-chan_miko-chan_comission_01b.png

Ohai guys!

D'aaawwww

Prax

To be needlessly pedantic again here(it's fun!), placement of the ear canals is more important than the ears themselves. Skulls made for large brains tend to limit upward options.
I know there's possibly physiological components to this (location of the temporal lobe and all that), but at that point, my aesthetic preferences win out! It's not like artists did that based on physiological/biological reasoning either!
On the other hand, vacuum bandages and skin-tight costumes ala Wetsern comic books/Capcom fighters have always looked dumb to me, but it's pretty much due to people being too lazy to deal with drapery and cloth physics (if it isn't about just fanservicing) so..
And overdefinition of muscles despite being covered with fur is also kind of dumb.

The wolf dude sketch Ookami-kun posted looks good to me. Furry, not too many dudebro muscles, and adequately animal-like head.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I know there's possibly physiological components to this (location of the temporal lobe and all that), but at that point, my aesthetic preferences win out! It's not like artists did that based on physiological/biological reasoning either!
There actually is, now that I've looked into it. Dogs at least have a two-stage ear canals that lead to an inner ear positioned similarly to humans relative to the jaw.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chunky art has to be the worst subset of art in any fandom.

Well, the only thing that tops it is two-headed chunky art.

Chuck

Still without luck
really talented
but as per most anthro, theres no real gender definition(especially in the face)
could be male or female and the only thing really defining it is whether or not it has boobs

I cant be the only person that notices this...

I think that comes from her mostly drawing dogs. Dogs or wolves in reality don't have any facial differences between gender and since 80% or so of her stuff is just dogs/wolves, I think that influences how she draws her anthro.

Even still, I think she does enough with her anthro girl stuff to differentiate it a little bit. It's usually the eyes.

Haly

Well I guess that's a good way to lure lolis into your unmarked white van.

Puddles

Banned
Question for Hitokage or whichever mod is posting in here:

Are furries now considered a legitimate and protected subgroup on GAF? Is furry-bashing now considered bigotry and a bannable offense?

It's important to know the answers to these questions going forward.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Question for Hitokage or whichever mod is posting in here:

Are furries now considered a legitimate and protected subgroup on GAF? Is furry-bashing now considered bigotry and a bannable offense?

It's important to know the answers to these questions going forward.
Just don't be an asshole.

Haly

and I dont even consider myself a furry
CHEEZMO™ 96
Uchip 60
G-Fex 41
scar tissue 23
Kraftwerk 20
ChiTownBuffalo 20
Ookami-kun 19
Acerac 17
dude 14
rpg_poser 13
Lucario 12