• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FX’s ‘The Bridge’ Picked Up To Series - Kruger & Bichir star - July 2013 premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that trailer looks great. Can't wait.

And?

FX isn't a charity. Virtually no one watched it. Maybe the marketing wasn't great and maybe the title everyone decided upon was misguided, but FX still funded and aired a brilliant season of television.

FX generally delivers and supports really great shows, but that only goes so far. It's up to the public to do the rest by watching.

This. As much as I hated to see Terriers go(and Lights Out for that matter, around the same time), I will still give everything FX airs a try. Overall it's turned out pretty well for me besides American Horror Story, Wilfred, Brand X, and Anger Management.

Linius

Justified, The Americans, Archer and Louie are enough for me to check out every FX show from now on. They make such good TV.

Hindle

Banned
FX are on fire. No one can get close to them.

As for the show lol, yea it looks like it could be great. The Mexican US border is criminally underused when it comes to stories.

If I wasn't already excited about the premise/cast and saw all these teasers, I'd be like, "What in the motherfuck is this?" And not really in a good way. Fuck you, FX's marketing team.
If they ever do one of those critic spots, they should put that quote in the commercial. ;)

Linius

What are we supposed to think of the endless stream of useless teasers? :p

Still looking forward to this show though.

FX should cross over all of its series.

I could so easily see a crossover of Justifed, The Bridge, Terriers, and Sons of Anarchy. Add in some aged characters (Old Beeman) from The Americans, boom.

trinest

Whats with the vague teasers and horribly cut trailer?

Also worried about this show with a UK adaption been made around the same time as the US one.

Definitely. If you liked what you saw, the show certainly doesn't take a dive or anything like that. It keeps going strong/er.

I was enjoying it and getting into it but at some point it just started to bore me so I stopped watching it. Its a shame cause I really liked the premise.

Clevinger

Here, FX marketing guys, I'll spitball a few promo ideas for you:

- a Mexican hooker crosses a street
- an alley light flickers on and off
- some dude coughs (he's got a gun under his shirt)
- Diane Kruger washes her hair (her motel room's light flickers)
- Mexican detective dude buys a soda (it's dark and ominous though)

I feel like they were running all the time during The Americans, but I can't say I've had a reason to check out the network since its season ended.

I haven't watched much FX recently, so I wasn't sure if they were running them. Hope the full trailer is getting some play along with the abstract ones.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I haven't watched much FX recently, so I wasn't sure if they were running them. Hope the full trailes is getting some play along with the abstract ones.

It's something like a 1:5 ratio from what I saw the last few times. Granted, I haven't been watching FX too much lately either, so experiences may vary.

The Bridge featured on one of the alternate EW covers this week:
mOLJyRX.jpg

Something different! Some nice photography in this short look at El Paso and Juarez that gives some background information on the region:

- Beyond The Bridge: 3 Million People, 2 Cities, 1 Border

I really wonder how they are going to treat the two sides of the bridge in the US version. In the Scandinavian version the similarity between the two countries was very much part of the show while El Paso and Juarez could not be more different if they were on different planets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom