• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FXAA creator comments on Orbis, Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
B3D is Xbox land, starting with the moderators such as AlStrong.

Starting and ending with ALStrong I think. He makes sure no one likes Sony gets away with anything and MS warriors like Rangers can post with impunity.

I have no idea whether or not this is true, but ran across this on Overclock.net. Interesting if true:

Not the same branches of programming. in desk automation productivity is important. Embedden and console programming performance and memory management is important.

AlStrong

Starting and ending with AlStrong I think. He makes sure no one likes Sony gets away with anything and MS warriors like Rangers can post with impunity.

You're seeing what you want to see. Threads get derailed for some stupid console war so posts get removed as a result. People have trouble sticking to the technical discussion as it is, and infuse their own emotions into the discussion which are completely irrelevent, so they also get removed. The technical discussion is what matters, and really, we don't need the noise.

If you can't deal with staying on topic, then so be it.

edit:

If you think I've missed posts, do report them. The button exists for a reason. I can't be taking on the forums 24/7 given my somewhat human schedule.

Reiko

Banned
You're seeing what you want to see. Threads get derailed for some stupid console war so posts get removed as a result. People have trouble sticking to the technical discussion as it is, and infuse their own emotions into the discussion which are completely irrelevent, so they also get removed. The technical discussion is what matters, and really, we don't need the noise.

Don't even bother replying. I've seen my fair share of Sony console warriors shitting up threads on B3D. People see whatever they want to see.

coldfoot

Banned
Don't even bother replying. I've seen my fair share of Sony console warriors shitting up threads on B3D. People see whatever they want to see.
Except they get banned while the people they tangle with don't. Glad to see this forum is far more evenly moderated than B360

vazel

Banned
Except they get banned while the people they tangle with don't. Glad to see this forum is far more evenly moderated than B360
B3D from what I've seen has an Old Boy's Club problem. Long-standing respected members get free reign to act however they want. And it just so happens that these Old Boys are 360 and ati fanboys. One of the past owners of B3D works for ati(Dave Baumann).

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

edit:

If you think I've missed posts, do report them. The button exists for a reason. I can't be taking on the forums 24/7 given my somewhat human schedule.

There is about 20% technical discussion and 80% fanboy none sense led by an army of MS fans that you let get away with murder. I could make a list of posters there that are shitting up the place, but I'm sure you know who they are. *cough*Rangers*cough*

You guys in no means treat new users the way you treat old ones, which is a BS standard. It just lets old guy bait new guys and then the new guys get banned.

I just lurk for the 20% that is gold, too bad you let so many run a muck and lower the signal to noise.

Wow, surprise you are kissing his butt, but of course you are one of the 80% over there ;)

B3D from what I've seen has an Old Boy's Club problem. Long-standing respected members get free reign to act however they want. And it just so happens that these Old Boys are 360 and ati fanboys. One of the past owners of B3D works for ati(Dave Baumann).

ERP whos a mod there works for Sony..

Edit: I was trying to defend Beyond3D as a forum that is more technical, answers a lot of questions and provides insight in the industry. I thought all mods were mature and provided good and fair judgement, but I was recently proven wrong. I will refrain from posting there as much as possible unless I have a good question related to the gaming industry spec wise, that no one else has asked. I don't mean to make the place sound hostile. It's probably worth posting there cause there are still some people who provide great knowledge and discussion. Just know that mods are working overtime whenever new consoles are announced, and even if they make some mistakes...they are hopefully few and far between.

Huh, I seem to have missed that from her. A link for the story would be appreciated.

Twitter.png

corrinne-yu-no-layers-coding-to-metal-s4.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Been wondering if this thread would get bumped again. It's a shame nVidia made this guy take the article down, it was a really great piece from a completely unbiased party that proved to be quite accurate. I just hope the idea of XBO as an anchor doesn't pan out but seeing how much momentum PS4 has at the moment, that may not happen any more. I don't think anyone could have predicted how hot that platform would wind up being.

Gorillaz

lol at the necrobump

god it feels it's been ages since they were just still unconfirmed and we called them orbis and durango

crazy year 2013 was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom