• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gabe Newell: Dota 2 to be free to play "with a twist"

Yes, cosmetic stuff, and the "valuable players" thing is probably something about this.

ibvFKsXmIzxz8P.PNG

indeed. mine:

commd.jpg

put me with the cool kids, pleze.

Yes, cosmetic stuff, and the "valuable players" thing is probably something about this.

[ IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibvFKsXmIzxz8P.PNG[/IMG]

The commendation system is nice, but still broken because you can commend people you never even played with. The result is that you'll see people begging for commendations in the chat channels and they'll give you commendations in return, even though it doesn't do anything (and is very likely to get wiped before they actually do something)

BeesEight

The commendation system is nice, but still broken because you can commend people you never even played with. The result is that you'll see people begging for commendations in the chat channels and they'll give you commendations in return, even though it doesn't do anything (and is very likely to get wiped before they actually do something)

It's nice that you can commend broadcasters when they are used more as coaches for inhouses. But yeah, the system is still very much a work in progress.

Those fake commendations will be weighed down by negative reports those shitty people will inevitably collect. Unless there is a mass effort to dump negative feedback on decent people (not likely), good people will be placed well. they will find a proper balance between volume of negative reports and commendations to see through bullshit and place those people with shit players too.

Only problem is assholes getting away with it because they're carrying the team, and nice people being reported because they feed. Other than that I welcome the "free + extra stuff if you are a good human" being model.

Top Bottom