• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF - help me name my son

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kree

Banned
CTRL+F "MEGATRON"

VoJbV_s-200x150.gif

You guys suck.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

gaming_noob

We named our first son Anders. It's an older version of 'Andrew'. We love it. Fits your preference of older names and it's not an overused one.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Geralt Space Jesus Dumbledorian of %urSurnameHere%

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
More seriously, go with a standard first name that has been common for centuries. William, Steven, John, etc. No nicknames or suffix thing like Jr or Trey. Every first day of class will be confusing. And no your name the VIth. You are not a pope or king.

highrider

Banned
Just don't name him one of the shitty new age boy's names and you are golden op. I'm partial to Charles/Charlie, but anything in a more traditional style is good. Remember you're naming him for him, not you.

choodi

Banned
Having a second boy in September. Wife and I are stumped on names. Would love to hear ideas.
Don't likes:. Some of the current -en/an names like Kayden, Aiden, Jayden, braydon, etc.
Likes:. We dig last names as first names. Older names that are more out of style now.

Suggest away. In before Marauder Shields

I hate this trend. All these little Coopers, Jacksons etc running around.

Just name your child with a normal name FFS.

Jokes aside, i have one piece of advice. Name your child whatever you want, but make absolute sure that the name is easily pronounced with no room for interpretation.

Dont get cute with the spelling either, spell it exactly the way it sounds.

Serious suggestion:
Reagan

1. It's not in style
2. It's a last name as first name
3. It's not a single syllable
4. You seem like you'd have been a Reagan Democrat
5. You specifically said no -an names so I wanted to troll a bit.
All good points. Reagan hits the Aiden Jayden trend I don't much care for, so well trolled. Also, every Reagan I know in my life is a woman. Good logic though. Keep em coming bros

More seriously, go with a standard first name that has been common for centuries. William, Steven, John, etc. No nicknames or suffix thing like Jr or Trey. Every first day of class will be confusing. And no your name the VIth. You are not a pope or king.
Not Pope? We will agree to disagree on that.

pa22word

Leonard

I have a thing for names that have a ton of derivitives, that way if the kid doesn't like it they can go with any number of nicknames and such that fits their personality. That's one of the core things I've always disliked about modern, newagey names. They're so rigid. I mean look at the example given:

Len, Leo, Lon, Lenny, Leon, Le(e), Lonny, Ard, etc

Much more freedom for the kid to give himself some definition via his own name.

gaugebozo

Leonard

I have a thing for names that have a ton of derivitives, that way if the kid doesn't like it they can go with any number of nicknames and such that fits their personality. That's one of the core things I've always disliked about modern, newagey names. They're so rigid. I mean look at the example given:

Len, Leo, Lon, Lenny, Leon, Le(e), Lonny, Ard, etc

Much more freedom for the kid to give himself some definition via his own name.
d/dx d/dy d^2/dt^2 McIntegral IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom