• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Omg I'm listening to Charged Up for the first time holy fuck this is so goddamn garbage, both as a response and as a song. This is only gonna make people think even more that all your good shit is outsourced. Why would Drake not Jay the situation? I thought Drake was smarter than this. Embarrassing. "The only good lyric was rumours never got y'all n***as anywhere."

Is there more from Drake's end?

Shit is a bait track, and hear me out instead trying to label me with bullshit to shut me down.

Ernest Baker - who is close to OVO - already said on Twitter that there is more to come at OVO Fest and that they are waiting for Meek to take the bait. Why 'bait'? Here's the thing, and I followed Drake the last few days since the diss: Drake is aware of Meek - but does not care. What he says in the beginning of the song - that he played Kickball with kids and doing charity stuff - is actually true; this is what he did and photos do not imply that he is concerned. Could this be just him acting? Sure, but the track itself basically confirms it.

Drake is playing. Drake knows a lot of more shit BTS than we do, and most hiphop listeners expected him to come out and drop something hard, because that's how it goes with disstracks these days. What does he do? Takes a slow-ass beat, raps slow on it (someone wrote he raps like he was lying down lmao) and calls it 'Charged Up'. It's funny how hiphop heads don't pick up on it while industry people from Ebro to Vince Staples and Ellition Wilson saw what he did here. The track is ambivalent because Drake himself is ambivalent about the situation; he's playing a different game just like every other big rapper does. He does not even mention Meek and without the knowledge you wouldn't know what he is referring too..

Looking at the track - which I still like as a warning shot - and the circumstances gives the whole thing a new vibe I think. I do not think that Drake is finished at all; he's waiting for Meeks response which will go hard both production and punchline-wise, not only attacking him for the ghoswriter thing but probably also become personal since it's obvious that most of these rappers probably disliked Drake from the start and caught feelings. Not sure if there will be really an answer at OVO Fest, but I don't think Meek will take too long with the disstrack and if he manages to release between OVO Fest and now.. well, lol.

But yeah, seeing how the last thread developed, this post will quoted 5 times calling me names and shit because apparently we're unable to discuss someone's situation independantly from our forum persona. I just think there is more to it than people think it is; look beyond lyrics and punchlines and all the usual parameters.

Ninjas do wrong to each other sometimes and in that way the force of the earth comes around the moon - and at that presence, the dirt, it overshadows the grass, you like, I can't cut this grass, there's no sun coming through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in the eye and understand we can only be right, as the ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?

the answer is DS2
stay blessed

edit: Nibel don't feel some type of way man no one is going to unnecessarily shit on you don't worry about it
positivity 2015 in the new thread
but yea it would make sense for this being a bait and switch
either way i'm looking forward to the yelling meek response

Nibel

the answer is DS2
stay blessed

edit: Nibel don't feel some type of way man no one is going to unnecessarily shit on you don't worry about it
positivity 2015 in the new thread
but yea it would make sense for this being a bait and switch
either way i'm looking forward to the yelling meek response

Not feeling some way breh, just wanna try to talk seriously about it instead of writing it off

---

mMpcRja.jpg

lupeconcerned.png

Fjordson

Shit is a bait track, and hear me out instead trying to label me with bullshit to shut me down.

Ernest Baker - who is close to OVO - already said on Twitter that there is more to come at OVO Fest and that they are waiting for Meek to take the bait. Why 'bait'? Here's the thing, and I followed Drake the last few days since the diss: Drake is aware of Meek - but does not care. What he says in the beginning of the song - that he played Kickball with kids and doing charity stuff - is actually true; this is what he did and photos do not imply that he is concerned. Could this be just him acting? Sure, but the track itself basically confirms it.

Drake is playing. Drake knows a lot of more shit BTS than we do, and most hiphop listeners expected him to come out and drop something hard, because that's how it goes with disstracks these days. What does he do? Takes a slow-ass beat, raps slow on it (someone wrote he raps like he was lying down lmao) and calls it 'Charged Up'. It's funny how hiphop heads don't pick up on it while industry people from Ebro to Vince Staples and Ellition Wilson saw what he did here. The track is ambivalent because Drake himself is ambivalent about the situation; he's playing a different game just like every other big rapper does. He does not even mention Meek and without the knowledge you wouldn't know what he is referring too..

Looking at the track - which I still like as a warning shot - and the circumstances gives the whole thing a new vibe I think. I do not think that Drake is finished at all; he's waiting for Meeks response which will go hard both production and punchline-wise, not only attacking him for the ghoswriter thing but probably also become personal since it's obvious that most of these rappers probably disliked Drake from the start and caught feelings. Not sure if there will be really an answer at OVO Fest, but I don't think Meek will take too long with the disstrack and if he manages to release between OVO Fest and now.. well, lol.

But yeah, seeing how the last thread developed, this post will quoted 5 times calling me names and shit because apparently we're unable to discuss someone's situation independantly from our forum persona. I just think there is more to it than people think it is; look beyond lyrics and punchlines and all the usual parameters.
Agreed on all counts. The lyrics point to what you're describing imo

"I stay silent 'cause we're at war and I'm very patient
Six God is watching, I just hope you're prepared to face him"

Inb4 stans, caping, etc. etc.

Link for the third Drake track...?
Heard Charged Up and Cha Cha Remix.
Right Hand

Ninja Dom

Oh shit!!!

I come away from GAF for a day and we got OT 14 underway!!

Let's do this!! Carry us through for the next few months!!

Exclamation marks!!

Before I go on...

July 2015, Barter 6 still the best hip-hop album so far this year.

5 Mo' by French Montana (yes, with Travis Scott) the best individual tune so far this year.

Tempa T, the best UK grime act this year.

Didn't like Charged Up too much. It's okay I guess. The flow is straight weird though, especially the start - the first few lines totally don't sound right.

Overall, it's kind of disappointing.
It also sounds highly ghostwritten

July 2015, Barter 6 still the best hip-hop album so far this

Love it but the second half is pretty weak. Thugger flows so crazy though <3

HiResDes

I never filled one of these out although I posted here a few times before so lemme get that out the way while a new OT is here.

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - Atlantistan
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Club Banger
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kendrick Lamar, Q-Tip, Kanye, Snoop Dogg, Method Man
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - Daft Punk, Michal Menert, Gil Scott-Heron, Aphex Twin, Papa Roach.
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? - Last Year: Run the Jewels 2. Current: Kendrick - TPAB
6. What are you listening to right now? - Meek Mill /Vince Staples
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Drake is a guilty pleasure although i'm not that big of a fan of him. A few of his songs are undeniably catchy. I haven't listened to Nastradamus in full, but I hear it's underrated.
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
I'll nitpick Outkast:
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik > Stankonia > ATLiens > Aquemini > Speakerboxxx/The Love Below > Idlewild

GAF-Hop Discusses
1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? - It's giving me a bunch of variety, as in music to bang to, or music to think about. A good mix of mainstream & indie. Nothing missing for me right now.
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? - Method Man
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? - Jay Z, Biggie, Young Thug.
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? - SWISH
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? - Underrated : Talib Kweli. Overrated: Eminem
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? - Eat the cinnamon roll.
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? I hate onions so Avocados.
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why?- Not in 2015. I didn't listen to him much any other year anyway.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? - Rihanna is the Queen of Pop and also the finest. Bless her.
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... - I went to my parents wedding recently and they got turnt up on the dancefloor along with a few questionably drunk relatives & guests. I swear urban club music was playing, but I forgot what specific songs they were. Not too much fuckery went along.
Who told this man Nastradamus is underrated, and those are the weirdest Outkast ratings I've seen that I still can't be mad about.

rrc1594

I was listening to Murdergram. What could of been if they didn't fight over some sample SMH. I been listing to a lot of DMX and he killed almost everyone he is on a song with.

Ninja Dom

I was listening to Murdergram. What could of been if they didn't fight over some sample SMH. I been listing to a lot of DMX and he killed almost everyone he is on a song with.

There aren't that many big name collabs on those late 90's DMX albums.

Ninja Dom

Nah, no money for expensive Ninty games right now and my budget is for MGSV. But enjoy, game is a blast

Ah no worries. Hit me up on Wii U anyway. My username is Ninjadom.

New York rappers there is Jay-Z, Ja Rule, The Loxs. He gave them all a run for their money

Ah yes. You're right. You know, late 90's DMX with Swizz Beats productions or Dame Grease, that's some gooooood shit, right there!!

I figured I should do this. Be easy fellas I'm Australian.

Musical Tastes

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - Chicago has Ye, Lupe and... who? Keef? Atlanta got outkast plus about every single trap rapper and that strong producer game, mike will/metro boomin/london etc. Gotta be Atlanta
2. What&#8217;s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Trap or die bitches
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kendrick, Kanye, Ice Cube, Drake, Ghostface (I feel awful for not including Biggie here, as he's technically and musically probably my favourite rapper, but his discography is so limited due to obvious reasons)
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - old Nine Inch Nails, Devin Townsend, Brian Eno, Cocteau Twins, Harold Budd
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What&#8217;s your current hip-hop AOTY? Didn't really like anything much last year, not even RTJ2. Favourite was probably Oxymoron, which I didn't even like that much. Actually maybe that Vince Staples thign that came out at the end of last year was the best thing. This year's been sooo much more fruitful in my opinion. I think TPAB is the best album this year, but I've probably enjoyed If You're Reading This It's Too Late or Barter 6 the most.
6. What are you listening to right now? - New Future, Vince Staples (production's kinda worse on Summertime 06 than his previous release last year, what's the deal with that? Double albums are too much I think.)
7. What&#8217;s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What&#8217;s something you haven&#8217;t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? Probably a bit of Big Sean? Don't really like it much though. Actually, Drake fits the bill well for the former, I love me some Drake. For the latter... I really, really, really dislike Jay Z. I can't listen to any of his shit, even the old stuff, his personality's just awful.
8. Rank a Random Rapper&#8217;s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)

Ice Cube:

Death Certificate > AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted > The Predator = Lethal Injection > Raw Footage > everything else. Favourite track from War & Peace probably "Extradition".

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What&#8217;s missing from the game? What I love about hiphop is that it's truly alive. It's so competitive, everyone's constantly trying to outdo each other, everyone's trying to find that fresh new sound, so the artistic envelope keeps getting pushed. The contrast with other genres, which honestly are mostly dead apart from pop, is stark.
2. Who&#8217;s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? Ghost <3
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? Nas. BIGGIE. Thugger.
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? Tie between SWISH and Views from the Six.
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? I think Young Thug's probably quite underrated right now. I think he can very well become a massive, massive star. Kevin Gates is also underrated in my opinion; I think he has similar potential star power. Overrated? Well, I hate most of Jay Z's discography, but I said that before. I think Run the Jewels are pretty overrated. Killer Mike is amazing but El-P basically ruins every track he rhymes on. He just doesn't sound good.
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? ..former
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? Both, but onions are da bess
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? Naw, that shit was even a little silly when I was 14. It's suuuuper childish and immature now. I can't believe he didn't really mature as an artist.
9. Who&#8217;s your favorite pop artist? And who&#8217;s the finest? Umm, I don't really listen to pop anymore. Actually, I like lots of Nicki's songs, if she counts. Otherwise, T-Swift. The most attractive? Something about T-Swift's eyes kills me.
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... My aunt is dating this super ocker old guy (~60, 'nam veteran). At my cousin's birthday party, he told a story about how some Aboriginal beggar asked him if he had any change. He said "Nah mate, you're still a black bastard" and everyone laughed. Shit, even my dad laughed, and my dad's from North Sudan. There's a strange tolerance of racism in my family I guess!

OH MY GOD THAT TOOK SO LONG

EDIT:
Second half has Od & Numbers. Together with Dream, Dome and Constantly Hating. Bliss.

GAF-Hop, I just got Splatoon. Anyone involved? Nibel, surely? Anyone else?

Uhh what? Constantly hating is the first track isn't it?? And dream/dome are the last of the super good tracks I think (7ish).

RP912

Banned
Just listened to Right Hand Man. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...dude basically gave Meek a warning slap. Meek really isn't worth a full diss or even acknowledgement, but what can you do.

tumblr_ndqm26DMDh1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Mista

Banned
Just listened to Right Hand Man. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...dude basically gave Meek a warning slap. Meek really isn't worth a full diss or even acknowledgement, but what can you do.

tumblr_ndqm26DMDh1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Meek will prove that he deserves getting a full diss just wait for it. Its up to you to like him or not of course but Meek can rap. All this "stop shouting" is silly IMO. Its not like he shouts like Iggy with words that doesn't exist

On RTJ2 less so but on the first one man, I didn't know what the fuck El-P was on, straight sank the quality of tracks once he jumped in. On DDFH Killer Mike went fucking golden oozaru on that bitch had my jaw on the floor then El-P comes on talking about blunderbusses and other goofy shit. RTJ1 is at least half a classic album.

thabiz

On RTJ2 less so but on the first one man, I didn't know what the fuck El-P was on, straight sank the quality of tracks once he jumped in. On DDFH Killer Mike went fucking golden oozaru on that bitch had my jaw on the floor then El-P comes on talking about blunderbusses and other goofy shit. RTJ1 is at least half a classic album.

Yep. Looks like it.

Courage

Straight facts

RTJ2 is better than the first one partially owing to better beats but mostly because El-P is less of a fucking weirdo and bounces off Mike

No lies detected.

There's definitely noticeable chemistry between them in RTJ2, prime example being Oh My Darling Don't Cry.

RP912

Banned
more like

NIhKL2O.gif

Indeed :p.

Meek will prove that he deserves getting a full diss just wait for it. Its up to you to like him or not of course but Meek can rap. All this "stop shouting" is silly IMO. Its not like he shouts like Iggy with words that doesn't exist

After the feud with Cassidy, I really don't see Meek going too hard on Drake. I'm expecting some "Bitch in Yoo" type of diss from Drake though in a crazy way.

Flames. Digital Underground really don't get enough appreciation. This song is the best though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHl9T6emCto

HiResDes

El-P is at his best when he's on his weirdo kick or whatever y'all want to call it. I'll take I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, Fantastic Damage, and Cancer 4 Cure over the majority of Mikes mostly uninspired solo work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom