• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblrm0bekw00h91qitfvd.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It took me years to get comfortable wearing fitted caps. Grew up with snapbacks. Worst were those ones with the fucking buckle though. Trying to change the size was like a 20 minute process and that buckle would dig into the back of your head if you got it too tight.

Only wear fitteds have for awhile.. So now that they are out of fashion I can get them for cheap

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
basically GAF Hop's age break down:

10-16 Soulja Boys: Ezno, DominoKid
17-18 Soulja Girls: peterboy
20-26 Ninjas in Paris: Esch, PhoenixDark, cacophony, toku, Recon, HiResDes, Detox, Macca, Cudder, IrishNinja, cdyhybrid, Tguy, Face it Tiger etc
28-31 Gangstas and Gentlemen: Jo Shishido's Cheeks, 36 Chambers
32-37 DMX 2012: siddx
38-45 OG: Kampsy
45-47 Putting Phoenix's mother on the curb: Blackace

lol word?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick had a good run. Torch is being snatched back as we speak.

Kanye and Preemo joints already in the mix. Album is gonna be great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Macca

There's likely still Dre beats on there. Game and Dre are still super tight (those jokes were funnier when pre-RED when he was still in begging mode).

Game - #JesusPiece |OT| Iovine ain't EATIN
I imagine this album will just be something Game shits out before moving to Cash Money. But still, AOTY.

Macca

Fuckin' Problems is AMAZING! Drake is the best part of this song no doubt, but every person on this track held their own. Also glad 2 Chainz didn't get a verse haha the hook was a good part for him.

I'm not even gonna bother with the A$AP record if there isn't at least two Clams records on it.

naw, more than that. he'll come up with something catchy.

i can see him breaking 100k but not 150 right now. it just seems like its been a mess lol though, so you might be right
He does get some radio play here in New York and cats around here do know him by name but yeah I agree with you.

Esch

Banned
as far as buzz among people I know IRL i thought Rocky had more than Kendrick before GKMC by quite a bit. Like, that Goldie video for example was everywhere on my facebook. I wonder what the album will sound like though. Curious to see if he'll stick with the identity he swaggerjacked or basically just try and morph into a trap rapper

Macca

Swimming Pools seems to be gaining traction since Good Kid dropped, it's up to it's peak of 55, wouldn't be surprised to see it go higher again next week.

Esch

Banned
rocky has never had more buzz than kendrick. dont be silly.
yeshrug.png

i see it as the other way around. on the internet i saw a lot more love for kendrick, but as far as shit being played when i go out, slang, people talkin about it i saw more of Rocky around. But then again i live in the south, so that trill shit is just more popular i guess

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
yeshrug.png

i see it as the other way around. on the internet i saw a lot more love for kendrick, but as far as shit being played when i go out, slang, people talkin about it i saw more of Rocky around. But then again i live in the south, so that trill shit is just more popular i guess

Art of Rap proves that nobody cares about the south. Meanwhile, K Dot took over a little city called LA. No contest.

DominoKid

i live in the south as well but i feel like its the opposite. rocky is internet/trendy hot.

sidenote: that guap song plays real well at parties lol. shit sounds silly as hell when youre hammered.

Recon

Banned
The south influences a lot, and they had their shine for awhile, but people keep going back to the midwest/east. Now Black Hippy is giving the west some shine again, but still no one other than internet hip hop heads and southerners give that much of a fuck about the southern movement.

I'm pretty sure ASAP is only super popular online; he'll I wouldn't be surprised if his label ensured he got ten mil YouTube hits to create buzz; there's no way Peso deserves that many views. He strikes me as a media/label plant.

Everyone is jacking his style right now, although its not really his style it's actually Houston's style. Everybody is rapping like him now though

Esch

Banned
The south influences a lot, and they had their shine for awhile, but people keep going back to the midwest/east. Now Black Hippy is giving the west some shine again, but still no one other than internet hip hop heads and southerners give that much of a fuck about the southern movement.

the south had commercial dominance for a great deal of the naughties, and that still hasnt changed (arguably more so now that Eminem, Jay Z, 50, Dipset, Game etc have fallen off). People keep going back to the midwest/east? Naw. The east is mostly underground shit or taking liberally from the south (coke boyz etc). The same is true for the Midwest, the only real commercial force there is Ye, and he's on that trap shit too. Everyone else from different regions is either controlled by or on southern labels (like Wale). Kendrick is pretty much the only exception for a non-southern inspired or controlled artist making real commercial waves. Well I guess there's J Cole too (lol), but not really.

I dont really know what midwestern and east coast you're saying is running the game right now. Cuz it doesn't look like that.

edit: Peso was hot. Dont know what youre talking about there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom