• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats man.

thats awesome man. congrats. what field?

I'll never see it. I'm cursed ={
Congrats though.

This is dope

Kongrats 36, blessed.

congrats fam,

be blessed with your out-of-the-bucket membership.

Nice work 36!

congrats breh. what field?

im going on salary at my job starting tomorrow.. essentially $5/hour raise + some nice commission bonuses for the busier seasons of the year. plus i get leeway to do whatever the hell i want as long as i hit my numbers, or at least keep doing better than everyone else.

it's not in the field i want but i'm satisfied with it until i find something else.

congrats 36!

congrats 36
get that money

Thanks fellas! Done business and management in college and I'll be working in a Government department for Finance. Salary, benefits, I can drive to work, no busses or trams into the city centre.

Flex-time is a huge benefit too.

EloquentM, I've been unemployed for nearly a year, took 7-8 months just to get this job (testing, interviews etc) It can be done fam, keep the head up, seriously.

I'm fucking delighted.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Thanks fellas! Done business and management in college and I'll be working in a Government department for Finance. Salary, benefits, I can drive to work, no busses or trams into the city centre.

Flex-time is a huge benefit too.

EloquentM, I've been unemployed for nearly a year, took 7-8 months just to get this job (testing, interviews etc) It can be done fam, keep the head up, seriously.

I'm fucking delighted.
I'm trying man. Desperately trying. I've been out of the game for 7 months now. Whew if I didn't have masters program money I'd be in a load of trouble.

I'm trying man. Desperately trying. I've been out of the game for 7 months now. Whew if I didn't have masters program money I'd be in a load of trouble.
I don't doubt it. Coming fresh outta college to a job market where experience is everything is fucked. Can't start unless you get a start somewhere. Internships seem to be the way to get anywhere. I was lucky enough I didn't have to go that route.

It brings you down something fierce so I feel you. It took me a year to get sorted, you'll be next man! Believe.

I'm in a similar situation trying to find something. In my field a portfolio should be the most important but it seems like recruiters have insane requirements. I think they see a lack of experience and don't want to train.

Beastie Boys
Salt-N-Pepa
Boogie Down Productions
Eric B. & Rakim
Too $hort
Fat Boys
Schoolly D
Public Enemy
Ice-T
Eazy-E
Big Daddy Kane
EPMD
3rd Bass
Kool G Rap
Whodini
The D.O.C.
Biz Markie
Ultramagnetic MCs
De La Soul
N.W.A.

Oh, good thing I checked this thread again, I thought it was going to be locked. I'll skip over Beastie Boys and Salt -N- Pepper, but I'll look into everyone else I forgot. I didn't realize De La Soul and Too $hort started in the 80's.

image.php

Ninja Dom

Oh, good thing I checked this thread again, I thought it was going to be locked. I'll skip over Beastie Boys and Salt -N- Pepper, but I'll look into everyone else I forgot. I didn't realize De La Soul and Too $hort started in the 80's.

Geto Boys!! Mister, Mister Scarface!

Also check out as much of The Juice Crew as you can, I know you got some listed. Juice Crew gave birth to the Queensbridge rap of the 90's.
So: Marley Marl, MC Shan, Roxanne Shante, Craig G, Bizmarkie, Master Ace, Kool G Rap (mentioned), Big Daddy Kane (mentioned), Tragedy The Intelligent Hoodlum (Khadaffi), Mellow Man Ace.

The Symphony by The Juice Crew, one of the finest 80's rap songs ever made.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You guys said Breaking Bad 5.5 is where it gets good again. Having the entirety end run of a series revolve around a sheer coincidence that happens when a dude takes a shit is not the way to begin it.

Courage

You guys said Breaking Bad 5.5 is where it gets good again. Having the entirety end run of a series revolve around a sheer coincidence that happens when a dude takes a shit is not the way to begin it.

Did you watch the whole thing? That coincidence starts the cascade of the show's best moments.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't see how else it would going by the show's very themes. It had to be via a weakness of Walt's which always lied in his hubris (similar to Gus).

Good writing could make a massive turning point like that not hinge on an incredible coincidence. I don't disagree that him being caught was inevitable, but it's sort of like the reverse of the trope of poor folks winning the lottery/big cash prize when all else is lost. It doesn't ruin the show or anything.

Considering the ways sheer luck has saved Walt's crusty ass so many times... It's fitting his luck turned on him.

That is a fair point. The whole nerd power fantasy thing is super prevalent throughout.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom